Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My assumption is that most of the crews are sub-contractors. Depending on their circumstances, they could have moved off onto anything. - After all, drains are drains and concrete pouring is concrete pouring!

Oh certainly Subs. But I'm assuming they have certain companies they use and not just put it out to the lowest bidder.

Reactions: Jon84
You're right, it is. And people are paying full-price for the experience. They're allowed to criticize. Can't hide behind "it'll be finished at some point!" if it's already open and accepting dollars.
Are you saying the price should be lowered because some stairs aren't finished yet?

Reactions: Joel
Is there any concept art that shows what this will ultimately look like?
This is the only piece I've been able to find. Was in the background of one of the concept art videos:
BodySlides01.jpg

Reactions: wizwit
The earliest this park should have opened is October, with Wet 'N Wild running a shortened season through the weekend after Labor Day, and then transitioning into some soft openings immediately after that. Given that Universal won't even have approval for the new hotels until next week at the earliest, it couldn't have really put them that far behind on the new hotels. The Volcano Bay expansion plot probably could have been built out this summer as well.

An October opening still catches the Fall Break/Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving crowds, and then any kinks can be worked out prior to Thanksgiving.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You're right, it is. And people are paying full-price for the experience. They're allowed to criticize. Can't hide behind "it'll be finished at some point!" if it's already open and accepting dollars.
Disney didn't mind charging people full price for EPCOT when it opened. It was in such an unreliable state the press wasn't even invited until 22 days later.