Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would argue LC would be a good place to put Fire Emblem and save Zelda for the third park still.

Also can someone more game savvy explain first, second, and third party games one more time because if I'm reading this Nintendo Internal Report accurately we are missing some potential IPs for the park to appear later.

So in case I'm missing something and I'm too lazy to go back and scroll for crucial information, but amid the rumors, does anyone think if Super Nintendo World might fit into Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios Florida? The problem I have with replacing Kidzone with Super Nintendo World is that there are several backstage used for several HHN mazes behind the KidZone area. Based on the concept of Mario Kart ride and the DK mine cart coaster, it looks like they're gonna take up a lot more than just the Kidzone Area.

On the other hand, the Lost Continent at IOA seems so dead, is outdated, and so far the only island without an actual themed ride. The Poseidon's Fury doesn't have as much fanbase and most of the shows and decorations of the shows there are so choppy and cringy at times. There isn't a lot going on there like I have with other islands. There are rumors that SNW with a Zelda themed area would be part of Phase 2 at Islands of Adventure after the first one at USF opened and the Lost Continent might be tapped for possible replacement, considering the fact that Dragon Challenge would also be removed for the new Harry Potter dark attraction that is a family-themed type coaster.

To handle this in two parts, I'll go through both paragraphs.

As for Paragraph one, it's not as complicated as you think. It's also been reported that Nintendo World will be much more vertical than any other previous addition on-property, so that will allow them to be a bit more flexible in the terms of the space.

As for what may be for at risk in the terms of Horrah, they can easily re-route the tent entrance that is used for the Kidzone Side over to the side of Springfield right next to the Kwik-E-Mart. And as for the Parade Building, I would have to imagine that is most likely going out of the way, especially as they have a new one to take the place.

It'll be in Kidzone fine for three attractions, and that they'll be able to have them fit rather well.

As for Paragraph 2, while IOA is possible; I believe that there have been people saying that they are wanting to help balance the screen to practical ratio for USF. And that, Universal is developing a fourth gate down south of the main-line resort, so you should expect anything Nintendo after USF to come there and not at IOA. Although that is a guess on my end, it's a given.

Also can someone more game savvy explain first, second, and third party games one more time because if I'm reading this Nintendo Internal Report accurately we are missing some potential IPs for the park to appear later.

First party is games directly made buy the console creators, so any game made by Nintendo's developers. Second party games are those made by independent development studios, but is part of a contract with the hardware creator. So Nintendo hires a studio to make a game. Third party is where a game is done completely separate to the hardware developer, so game that are made by someone who is completely separate to Nintendo but puts their game on Nintendo hardware.

Just for the fun of it I will put it into theme park terms. So first party is like universal and Disney, they have their own teams which design their rides. Second party is like the rides for six flags, they hire a company to create themed rides for them. Third party is the rides you see at multiple parks that are all themed the same, usually generic flat rides that anyone can get in their parks. I think that comparison is pretty accurate.

Been so long since I have commented.

I would argue LC would be a good place to put Fire Emblem and save Zelda for the third park still.

I don't think fire emblem is nearly popular enough.

Reactions: fryoj and Ashhanbre

LC also has limited land. Why put a arguablly the second largest Nintendo IP in a park already getting a new HP addition and potential marvel ride when you can allow Zelda more space somewhere else where it can it better represented yet still allowing Nintendo in IOA before the new park opens. Its also gives fans of a smaller IP something.

LC also has limited land. Why put a arguablly the second largest Nintendo IP in a park already getting a new HP addition and potential marvel ride when you can allow Zelda more space somewhere else where it can it better represented yet still allowing Nintendo in IOA before the new park opens. Its also gives fans of a smaller IP something.

Would rather something else take over LC when that day comes. Not an expansion or continuation of something we already have in the park.

Not sure if Pokémon is considered a Nintendo IP, but it's far more popular than Zelda. Zelda doesn't need a ton of land IMO. It would fit perfectly in LC.

I still want them to keep LC and replace Poseidon and Sinbad with E-Tickets based on Greek Mythology...I would say Toon Lagoon is more in need of the wrecking ball..

Reactions: anihilnation
Not sure if Pokémon is considered a Nintendo IP, but it's far more popular than Zelda. Zelda doesn't need a ton of land IMO. It would fit perfectly in LC.

Pokemon is more of Nintendos IP, but that doesn't mean that both can't co-exist for the fourth gate.

Take this to perspective, Fire Emblem Heroes has grossed over 100 million from it's microtransaction sales, and the total player base I believe has gone over 10 million users.

Not to mention, they are bringing a Fire Emblem/Warriors crossover and a main-line Fire Emblem title to the Switch; it could be possible that they may want the desire to invest in Fire Emblem for the parks, bare in mind if the series continues it's success that it has been rising for since years.

I still want them to keep LC and replace Poseidon and Sinbad with E-Tickets based on Greek Mythology...I would say Toon Lagoon is more in need of the wrecking ball..

Honestly, I would rather have Far Far Away not go to Gate 4 and just go to Toon Lagoon.

Replace it with Shrek, and that it actually does tie in in a strange way, as the original film was based off of the book in the same name in 1990.

It's simple, and that I imagine that they may be looking to invest on that side first with another MSHI attraction (probably the Iron Man simulator) and that you can then do almost a Singapore version for it but with keeping the Popeyes Rapids and retheming that to perhaps Puss and Boots.

Zelda is the only adultish IP that actually pushes a great deal of merch more so than Mario and Friends overall. Add in based on the merch demographics who it lends itself to (teen and adult males), the accurate experience would not be captured in a limited area such as LC as the main key demographic would expect something bigger. Also the original nintendo plans had Zelda having a much larger area than Pokemon.

TL won't go away, Unviersal owns too many of the IPs now.

Reactions: clsteve
35277503863_5da8437c0b.jpg

Not necessarily true. While they do own them, that doesn't mean as it stands right now that they are going to invest in them.

And that, while I love Popeye and that I believe it's the only one that people would click easily; there are more better chances for them if they brought something well known and reliable.

Just my two cents on that.

Zelda is the only adultish IP that actually pushes a great deal of merch more so than Mario and Friends overall. Add in based on the merch demographics who it lends itself to (teen and adult males), the accurate experience would not be captured in a limited area such as LC as the main key demographic would expect something bigger. Also the original nintendo plans had Zelda having a much larger area than Pokemon.

That mock up doesn't mean much. Pokémon should have a far bigger presence than Zelda. It will sell more merchandise and has a far greater bank of things to pull from IMO.

That mock up doesn't mean much. Pokémon should have a far bigger presence than Zelda. It will sell more merchandise and has a far greater bank of things to pull from IMO.
They sorta both target different audiences, so I think both can be effective if properly executed (especially if we're talking about a 3rd park). Zelda naturally lends itself to an immersive theme park experience if you build out Hyrule with Zelda's castle and a Link related ride. Even if Pokemon is prioritized (due to it being Nintendo's largest IP on the same scale as Mario), I think it'd be a mistake if Zelda doesn't at least get some sort of well executed structure.

They sorta both target different audiences, so I think both can be effective if properly executed (especially if we're talking about a 3rd park). Zelda naturally lends itself to an immersive theme park experience if you build out Hyrule with Zelda's castle and a Link related ride. Even if Pokemon is prioritized (due to it being Nintendo's largest IP on the same scale as Mario), I think it'd be a mistake if Zelda doesn't at least get some sort of well executed structure.
I'm not saying Zelda doesn't need something, but I don't see any reason why LC wouldn't be enough.

I'm not saying Zelda doesn't need something, but I don't see any reason why LC wouldn't be enough.

To be honest, Zelda to me deserves more than tearing down LC for the IP.

Personally; I'd rather want to see half of it taken down for Whoville and the other half if they still want to continue it, do a small Potter attraction.

To be honest, Zelda to me deserves more than tearing down LC for the IP.

Personally; I'd rather want to see half of it taken down for Whoville and the other half if they still want to continue it, do a small Potter attraction.
That sounds great also. I might be biased since I don't play Zelda.

I've always thought it would play out this way. From an operational & capacity viewpoint, they need ET, until at the very least & probably longer, the opening of Nintendo. If there was no ET, there would essentially only be three attractions on that side of the park (Terminator, Simpsons, Horror Effects Show) with a dearth of capacity & family oriented attractions park wide. I think Alicia's analysis is right on. :thumbsup:
I Disagree. I dont think the Studios NEEEDS ET. Look at Hollywood STudios. People are still going there and they have far less attractions than USF. As Long as HP is there people will go capacity crowds or not. I hate to admit that as a none harry potter lover or whatnot but I highly doubt ET is any kind of people eater to justify it needing to be open for todays crowd interest.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush