Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Micechat posted an article saying that Pixar Pier will only encompass the backside of the bay. So it will stretch from Ariel's Grotto to the Maliboomer plot. The Mermaid / Silly Symphony Swings will likely remain being "Paradise Park"

Here's what Pixar Pier will become *rumored* according to MiceChat

- Ariel's Grotto and the Cove Bar will get a Pixar overlay.
- California Screamin will be rethemed to 'Dash' from the Incredibles.
- A new Spinner flat ride will be placed in the eastern helix of Screamin also themed to the Incredibles. (I'm guessing it'll be based on the Omni-Droid)
- Triton's Carousel will be rethemed, but no mention on what. (My guess is Finding Dory)
- Turtle Talk with Crush will be relocated and housed in a new theater built where the boardwalk games are)
- A few years down the road a new dark ride will be built behind California Screamin and the entry portal will occupy the old Maliboomer footprint.

No mention on the "Pixar Fun Wheel" though which seems to be the big question on everyone's mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
Why not find a different entrance for the new dark ride & just put a new ride where Maliboomer was? You know.. actually ADD more rides now rather than later.

As for Triton's Carousel... Finding Nemo/Dory is at least an easy retheme, but I'd rather they just relocate it to be near the Little Mermaid ride. Then just add a NEW flat ride in its spot instead.

This whole retheme just seems like a bad idea.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
There's a lot more space behind screamin than people think (even more if they reroute the road).

I could see them possibly putting Ratatouille back there, or possibly a variation of Toy Story Land. TSL at HKDL is only 2.5 acres. TSL at WDS is only 2 acres. I believe TSL at SHDL is going to be 4-5 acres.

3535.jpg

Last edited:
The article also mentions that the Dash/Screamin' overlay will take six months. Uh, GotG/ToT only took four months to convert it. Why is a simple coaster taking six? What the bloody heck....

If we're getting a dark ride in that space, Rat would be so random and out of place. Make something new. How about a Coco boat ride? DCA doesn't have a Pirates type boat ride. Why not put that there? They can have it fit the Victorian theme by having a Tunnel of Love style entrance.

The article also mentions that the Dash/Screamin' overlay will take six months. Uh, GotG/ToT only took four months to convert it. Why is a simple coaster taking six? What the bloody heck....

Technically they started TOT in October. Also nothing structural was done it was just a simple replacement of scenery. I hope they'd at least enclose the queue and/or the station.

Seeing how much space is behind California Screamin' just makes this whole Pixar Pier conversion even worse. While it really would be a very good idea for them to expand the land, it further makes a point to redesign the area around Little Mermaid (even though it was just redone).

There is just so much they could do to justify this unnecessary change, but I feel like they're going to drop the (Luxo) Ball entirely.

There's a lot more space behind screamin than people think (even more if they reroute the road).

I could see them possibly putting Ratatouille back there, or possibly a variation of Toy Story Land. TSL at HKDL is only 2.5 acres. TSL at WDS is only 2 acres. I believe TSL at SHDL is going to be 4-5 acres.

View attachment 5052
There is a few good sizes buildings in there though. They would have to be moved, but to where? They already consolidated when Carsland was built, and with the rumor of Marvel land by tower, they are running out of real estate to move buildings too, aren't they? Do we know what those buildings are by chance? Curiosity is getting me.

Heard that the side facing the walkway will have the Luxo ball while the side facing the bay would retain the Mickey face!

...this sounds so weird but I'm oddly fine with it. Seeing as how MFW is incorporated into WoC I had a feeling a compromise will be made. Certainly would explain MiceChat's lack of mention.

As for the rest: again, I'm just oddly fine with it. A lot of people are even angrier by it being incomplete, but if the stuff that I truly care about stays, I'm fine. Mickey, the Swings, Goofy, Paradise Gardens, Mermaid... these are the things I've fallen in love with. California Screamin becoming Dash is uh, interesting. At least it'll get a better queue. Absolutely adore the idea of moving Turtle Talk to a themed theater. What a great idea, and would solve a lot of issues in Animation. The spinner is whatever, it's a new ride and it'll fill a minor capacity need. The area around Triton badly needs an upgrade, so I'm happy with that.

I wish they would at least spruce up the Maliboomer area but ah well. I know everybody is expecting a Pixar ride but what if they choose to keep the bifurcation of the Pier and instead install Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway? Food for thought at least.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Yeah, i'm not so sour on this as I originally was. I still don't love it but it sounds like the front part of the Pier is getting Pixar while the back half stays as it currently is for the most part.

I just wish the name of the land wasn't changing.

Reactions: Ryan and chris.g

View attachment 5052

Out of curiosity, because of Turtle Trek being relocated to the Pier; what if they do SeaRider from TDS over at that expansion plot?

Out of curiosity, because of Turtle Trek being relocated to the Pier; what if they do SeaRider from TDS over at that expansion plot?
Most people have said that SeaRider is fairly underwhelming... i'd hate to waste an expansion plot on it.

Most people have said that SeaRider is fairly underwhelming... i'd hate to waste an expansion plot on it.

Probably. Thematically, it would make more sense; as it fits into the california theme if they want to go in with the Marine Life Institute seen from Finding Dory, and that it could be the USH DMMM of DCA.

Probably. Thematically, it would make more sense; as it fits into the california theme if they want to go in with the Marine Life Institute seen from Finding Dory, and that it could be the USH DMMM of DCA.
My issue would be that there's already a Nemo ride next door. As many nemo rides and attractions as there are around the world, there's not more than one ride at any resort in the world. So unless they plan on closing the subs and paving over that, I wouldn't want a second Nemo ride when we could start using some unused Pixar IP in this area. Up? Wall-E? Brave? Inside Out? Lots to choose from, doesn't have to be the same stuff over and over.

Reactions: Ryan
Also, the Luxo ball will be inside the California Screamin'/ rethemed loop, and I'm hearing a paint job for the tubes as well. Possibly red or Yellow.

I mean if this is what it takes to keep that lovable giant Mickey face, so be it.

My issue would be that there's already a Nemo ride next door. So unless they plan on closing the subs and paving over that
From what I've heard... expect it to happen in the very near future. Allegedly, once Star Wars Land opens, Tomorrowland would go down for a huge renovation in time for one of the Disney parks big anniversaries. Of course I'll believe it when I see it & am taking the rumor with a huge grain of salt.

I think that would be a great addition to be honest. Assuming Finding Nemo subs go away for good, and Star Tours goes away for good. SeaRider would be a good fit for DCA. In fact it would fit PERFECTLY where the Golden Zepher, Jumpin Jellyfish and Silly Symphony Swings are... Almost too perfect.

sea.jpg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush