Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, I can keep an open mind until I see it too, but until then, I can't help but think about how unnecessary it is. Honestly, the Pier was just redone 5 years or so ago.

It totally is unnecessary but I've been down that road with Disney before. :lol: I always lose. But luckily, their output at the end of the day is so strong, you end up forgetting what you were bitching about in the first place. Plus, Pixar having such a great arsenal of films and characters to pull from, I'm interested in seeing what they could do here.

The concept art shows "Pixar Pals Theater." I wonder what that could be...

Yes, they redid the pier only 5 years ago, but that was to change it from god awful to Victorian. This change will keep the Victorian work and slather PIXAR imagery all over the place.

Yes, they redid the pier only 5 years ago, but that was to change it from god awful to Victorian. This change will keep the Victorian work and slather PIXAR imagery all over the place.
If you want to know what the new Pixar Pier style will be, just look at Toy Story Midway Mania and extend that theming up and down the boardwalk. Honestly, with the games mostly Pixar-themed already I don't think it will be a radical change vs the current aesthetic.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'm praying that it's the Pixar equivalent of CBJ or the old Mickey Mouse Revue, with lots of AAs and not too many screenz.
They haven't really done an AA stage show in a long time. The closest would be Muppets or Philharmagic.

But I would love for someone to try. "Sing" comes to mind as an IP where the concept could work if Uni wanted to give it a go.

Reactions: UNIrd and Skubersky
I'm praying that it's the Pixar equivalent of CBJ or the old Mickey Mouse Revue, with lots of AAs and not too many screenz.

They did flash The Music of Pixar that's currently at DHS quickly in the background during the announcement, but not sure if that was for another reason.

I believe the Pixar theater is going to be EXACTLY what Universal is building right now in Hollywood with the DreamWork's theater. It'll be a flex theater (since ITTBAG is leaving) to showcase seasonal Pixar shorts throughout the year, and preview upcoming movies.

The concept art shows movie posters for Coco and Presto. Presto could work thematically.

Last edited:
Instead of changing Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier... they should've just focused on redoing Hollywood Land instead. If its going to become Marvel Land... then just do what you plan to with the existing areas, THEN add another new ride or two within the expansion territories later on. As many have said before, they just dumped a crap ton of money into the park already..

If they had announced that they planned on adding two new rides to Paradise Pier... that would've been fine. But slapping Pixar onto everything is just a terrible idea.

Instead of changing Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier... they should've just focused on redoing Hollywood Land instead.

Hollywood Land isn't becoming Marvel. Marvel will occupy the parking lot behind Tower of Terror (GOTG) and Bugs Land.

For the most part Hollywood will remain as it is (if the rumor of it becoming Mickey Ave. are not true).

From what I've been told, all of Hollywood Land (area were Muppets once was & Monsters Inc resides) will become "Marvel Land"... hence why the Avengers "show" is located there. I've already joked about Frozen being replaced at the Hyperion with "Spiderman: Turn off the Dark" OR ........"Spiderman Rocks" :sneak: :whistle:

If they're not going to convert it to Marvel Land... they still need to do something with the area that Monsters Inc is located.

Honestly.. I don't think Disney really has any fully thought out idea anymore... if they ever did. Look at this Pixar Pier non-sense. Why not convert it into Pixar Pier years ago when the whole park was under construction, rather than 5 years later? SIGH..

From what I've been told, all of Hollywood Land (area were Muppets once was & Monsters Inc resides) will become "Marvel Land"... hence why the Avengers "show" is located there.

The Avengers show is extremely unpopular. It might even be going away soon. Everyone I've talked to have said it's for sure going behind GOTG and taking over Bugs Land. That's why Pixar Pier is happening, due to the removal of Bugs Land. The park needs a new kid's area.

If they're not going to convert it to Marvel Land... they still need to do something with the area that Monsters Inc is located.

From my understanding Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway was supposed to be announced for DCA as well in the location you're suggesting. But because of the delay on the new parking structure and transport depot, the project was delayed indefinitely.

I say we scrap Pixar Pier.... and instead add a Big Hero 6 "San Fransokyo" land! Seriously, I would love it if they did create a new land & had a cool BH6 ride or two.

Technically since it is Marvel... they should make it happen & forget about the MCU (working in a movie theatre makes you tired of the Marvel films at a rapid rate)

Ew, count me out... count me in the minority, but I really disliked Big Hero 6... If that's the case, give me Pixar Pier any day lol...

But seriously... please tell me we won't lose giant Mickey Face :(

That's the deal breaker for me.... ugh... I would much rather take a Mickey's Pier over the Pixar ball. I hope hope HOPE Disney doesn't do that to Mickey's Fun Wheel.

We're so focused on Mickey's Fun Wheel (which is as much of an icon for DCA as Grizzly Peak), I forgot just how many rides were part of Paradise Pier... These 4 are so far to the right, I didn't even think much of it when it came to this unnecessary retheme.

- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- Golden Zephyr
- Goofy's Sky School (such a painful ride, but the theme totally fits)
- Silly Symphony Swings

Whats going to happen to King Triton's Carousel? Thats right next to California Screamin' :look: Couldn't they relocate that to be next to Little Mermaid? (even though THAT is technically also part of Paradise Pier).. and what about Ariel's Grotto/Cove bar restaurant?