Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Titans of Terror Maze

So an amusing thought occured to me in regards to this maze... The backstory for it is about a home haunt that gets rained out on Halloween... All I can think about is those rainy nights last year with TCM. So it will be interesting & fun to be going through this maze on a rainy night. It will certainly add to the "magic"....

Murdy said that this IS an original maze. And it won't be rehashed famous kills, there will be new "scares" for each of the Big 3. From what it seems like, instead of the Big 3 being ripped from the screen, it will be the Uber Fan's "nightmare".

Not gonna lie... If the Uber Fan falls alseep watching the movies... I REALLY want the "Welcome to Prime Time B*tch" kill to appear with the Uber fan as the victim. I'd honestly be okay with that being the finale lol

You know, I'm actually really impressed with Murdy for coming up with an idea like this. I would like to see more original houses based on the lore of this kid. This kid can be the Hollywood equivalent of Carey, Ohio for Orlando's houses. I hope Murdy doesn't treat this as a one-and-done story and delves more into this character for future original mazes.

So will this feature scenes from other movies or is this straight up original?

So will this feature scenes from other movies or is this straight up original?
From what Murdy said in the Q&A, it seems like we "SHOULD" expect to see new/original content for the scenes. I'm sure the films will inspire things (or whatever crap they have in the warehouse that can be recycled), but I believe it should be 100% original.

Look at FvsJ last year for example, that had a few familiar touches, but it was definitely a 100% original maze using an IP. Of course, because FvsJ was so well done... ToT has A LOT to live up to. I also fear that Waterworld's lack of proper tent covering will hinder some amazing effects this maze could utilize.

From what Murdy said in the Q&A, it seems like we "SHOULD" expect to see new/original content for the scenes. I'm sure the films will inspire things (or whatever crap they have in the warehouse that can be recycled), but I believe it should be 100% original.

Look at FvsJ last year for example, that had a few familiar touches, but it was definitely a 100% original maze using an IP. Of course, because FvsJ was so well done... ToT has A LOT to live up to. I also fear that Waterworld's lack of proper tent covering will hinder some amazing effects this maze could utilize.
The biggest flaw with the WW location is there there is a severe lack of coverings in the rooms. Hopefully they'll address the ceiling problem.

Exactly. Part of that is the lack of a big black tent to cover the entire maze. I'm sure it could be done in some form, but they just choose not too. So we have to hope for no "open ceiling" indoor scenes. If they create an outdoor scene for Jason or Letherface, (similar to last year's TCM cemetery scene, only better), thats cool, no need for it to be "covered".

Man this one makes me really bummed I skipped out on going to Hollywood this year. I might try and make it out for the November extra nights if they do them pending on how this turns out, because it sounds like something special.

A little tease from Murdy earlier... and a much better angle/quality pic than the one I posted in the construction thread!

- 1428 Elm Street
- "Leatherface" Sawyer
- Camp Crystal Lake