Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

I think this has proven to be a surprise big hit. I'm sure during D23, they said it's currently the best reviewed ride in all of Disneyland. I'm heading at the start of September and I can't wait.
The gift shop for this ride was also the only place I bought any merch in my 3 days at Disneyland.

The gift shop for this ride was also the only place I bought any merch in my 3 days at Disneyland.

What did you buy? I'm a complete sucker for buying Disney merchandise. Universal, not so much.

I think Summer of Heroes will still be on when I'm there, so it will be interesting to see Disney's early take on Marvel in the parks.

What did you buy? I'm a complete sucker for buying Disney merchandise. Universal, not so much.

I think Summer of Heroes will still be on when I'm there, so it will be interesting to see Disney's early take on Marvel in the parks.
Mission: Breakout Tervis...
Lt3YRNg.jpg

...and the GotG: MB #1 Comic (bought a protective sleeve for .25 extra).
7rFBZ4P.jpg

I never did really get to see much of the Summer of Heros stuff, but man the sign for the promotion at the front of the park is one big ass sign. I saw Groot doing M&G's, but wait was way too long. Was cool though.

Last edited:
Mission: Breakout Tervis...
View attachment 4880

...and the GotG: MB #1 Comic (bought a protective sleeve for .25 extra).View attachment 4879

I never did really get to see much of the Summer of Heros stuff, but man the sign for the promotion at the front of the park is one big ass sign. I saw Groot doing M&G's, but wait was way too long. Was cool though.
Are they selling the comic? Where can I find it at?

Are they selling the comic? Where can I find it at?
When you get off of the ride and go through the area to see your picture, turn to your immediate right when entering the gift shop. There's a wall of comics there and (at least when I was there last week), the Mission: Breakout comic was on display right there among others.

Just a heads up, I've heard they are filming new scenes to add to the drop sequences for Halloween Time (and to some what promote the new Thor film). I think maybe this has been brought up before but I know someone that worked as crew for one of the sequences involving Yondu.

Just a heads up, I've heard they are filming new scenes to add to the drop sequences for Halloween Time (and to some what promote the new Thor film). I think maybe this has been brought up before but I know someone that worked as crew for one of the sequences involving Yondu.

Hmm, the Yondu scene if I am not mistaken hasn't been seen though. Although, this would actually make sense.

Any idea what songs they will use? Any possibility of Ozzy being played?

Mice Chat was talking about this attraction in their recent DCA article. They said it appears the novelty & interest is wearing off already. It's lines are fairly short and Carsland, Midway Mania, Soarin & Grizzly have longer lines now. They also reiterated what they've been saying all summer, that the big Marvel Promotion at DCA generated very little interest. They also said DCA was dead when they visited last Friday afternoon while Universal Hollywood was packed to the gills...Interesting.

Mice Chat was talking about this attraction in their recent DCA article. They said it appears the novelty & interest is wearing off already. It's lines are fairly short and Carsland, Midway Mania, Soarin & Grizzly have longer lines now. They also reiterated what they've been saying all summer, that the big Marvel Promotion at DCA generated very little interest. They also said DCA was dead when they visited last Friday afternoon while Universal Hollywood was packed to the gills...Interesting.
DCA needs another marquee attraction like RSR to entice people to go to DCA. Even with the big redo they did to the park, DCA only gets slightly over half the number of visitors that Disneyland sees right across the street. Of course DCA will never pass DL, but it needs to do better. The Spider-Man D-ticket and Avenger E-ticket can't come soon enough.

DCA needs another marquee attraction like RSR to entice people to go to DCA. Even with the big redo they did to the park, DCA only gets slightly over half the number of visitors that Disneyland sees right across the street. Of course DCA will never pass DL, but it needs to do better. The Spider-Man D-ticket and Avenger E-ticket can't come soon enough.
Yep. And I always fount it amazing how small the park was before the Radiator Springs attraction....And if Disneyland wasn't next to it, it would probably be lucky to get 5 million a year as a stand alone park.

It's different lighting and doesn't use the Rocket AA, with a mostly dark main show. So Late Check Out Guardians-ized.

Which is weird because the thing that really got ppl about LCO was the quiet.