Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Question on Hot Butterbeer

Aug 31, 2017
CT
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Orlando November 2-10 and we would really love to try the hot butterbeer; it has never been available when we have visited in previous years. Any idea when they start serving this treat in the season? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Orlando November 2-10 and we would really love to try the hot butterbeer; it has never been available when we have visited in previous years. Any idea when they start serving this treat in the season? Thanks!
In 2014 it was available on 11/21/2014
In 2016 it was available on 11/02/2016

I think you will find it available for your visit - enjoy!

That would be epic! Always heard about the elusive hot butterbeer, but we've never traveled this late in the year, since we always want to hit HHN. Lucky that HHN is running a bit later this year so we're hoping to see both Halloween and some Christmas holiday decorations as well toward the end of the trip.

And Butterbeer has never passed my lips. Why when you can have Hog's tea?

I gotta ask... hog's tea?

That would be epic! Always heard about the elusive hot butterbeer, but we've never traveled this late in the year, since we always want to hit HHN. Lucky that HHN is running a bit later this year so we're hoping to see both Halloween and some Christmas holiday decorations as well toward the end of the trip.

I gotta ask... hog's tea?
Walk into the Hogshead and order one, then go ride FJ or DC if it is still open. :thumbsup::cheers::lmao: About 9-10am is a good way to start the day.

Hot butterbeer? Why am I just now hearing about this? Im going in January and hope I can get some

I've been hearing about it since our honeymoon trip in 2914 but never went late enough in the season to try it. Somehow I imagine its sickeningly sweet but I still have to have it, just for the experience and exclusivity of it all :cool:

I've been hearing about it since our honeymoon trip in 2914 but never went late enough in the season to try it. Somehow I imagine its sickeningly sweet but I still have to have it, just for the experience and exclusivity of it all :cool:

It's the best of the bunch. Not really sweet. Kind of a butterscotch Hot Chocolate.

It remains a question with me... in the books they refer to butterbeer as "warming them up". Was that referring to the small alcohol content or the fact that it was served warm?

Low alcohol content beer. Obviously not appropriate for kids. That's why people have asked for "spiked" butterbeer in the parks but UOR will sell you warm butterbeer with a shot of Fire Whiskey on the side.

@JoeCamel - Please do you know if UOR is still selling hot butterbeer?

Does anyone have a view on hot vs cold vs frozen!? (@JoeCamel realise you prefer The tea - I think)