Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Construction Thread

in the fifth picture there's a freak show sign, im just asking what people think that sign will go to which killer [ chucky, freddy, jason, and leatherface ]

Yeah, I'm confused by it as well. I know it's referring to AHS, but I didn't think that was part of the tram tour, nor the correct season for this year's AHS maze, so I have no idea what it's doing there. Though it is certainly cool.

Yeah, I'm confused by it as well. I know it's referring to AHS, but I didn't think that was part of the tram tour, nor the correct season for this year's AHS maze, so I have no idea what it's doing there. Though it is certainly cool.

When that sign was first installed in AHS last year, it referenced an unrelated asylum. They later applied the correct labeling (pictured). I have to imagine they will apply new signage on that frame soon.

Here is an update from yesterday... I tried to make it pretty extensive lol

f7odOuS.jpg

mHEycfq.jpg

OX09KoV.jpg

haanOpG.jpg

HELL-O-WEEN
JcpWHRO.jpg

U2FWiXs.jpg

"HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE"
eoUhERE.jpg

jjk06Yf.jpg

(Gotta love the perfect timing of when you pass by & the gate is open!!! ....still had to use "zoom" though lol)
Dg9fyqK.jpg

Ll5S5iH.jpg

Took this next pic before I was heading home... there was a big hole in the fence allowing a partial view at the theatre facade entrance. If you look closely, you can see "Happy Death Day" on the wall behind the green cherry picker.
mqRP6ue.jpg

INSIDIOUS: BEYOND THE FURTHER
qJIK1d6.jpg

URBAN INFERNO
LTiaFbl.jpg

pq16ZLb.jpg

PROPS
ct6kiNc.jpg

AHS: ROANOKE
gba0kYX.jpg

3 things I wanted to point out- 1. The screen is up for the queue video. 2. The facade cutout is in place. 3. The white tent in the background is the scareactor/staff "break" tent.

Here is an update from yesterday... I tried to make it pretty extensive lol

f7odOuS.jpg

mHEycfq.jpg

OX09KoV.jpg

haanOpG.jpg

HELL-O-WEEN
JcpWHRO.jpg

U2FWiXs.jpg

"HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE"
eoUhERE.jpg

jjk06Yf.jpg

(Gotta love the perfect timing of when you pass by & the gate is open!!! ....still had to use "zoom" though lol)
Dg9fyqK.jpg

Ll5S5iH.jpg

Took this next pic before I was heading home... there was a big hole in the fence allowing a partial view at the theatre facade entrance. If you look closely, you can see "Happy Death Day" on the wall behind the green cherry picker.
mqRP6ue.jpg

INSIDIOUS: BEYOND THE FURTHER
qJIK1d6.jpg

URBAN INFERNO
LTiaFbl.jpg

pq16ZLb.jpg

PROPS
ct6kiNc.jpg

AHS: ROANOKE
gba0kYX.jpg

3 things I wanted to point out- 1. The screen is up for the queue video. 2. The facade cutout is in place. 3. The white tent in the background is the scareactor/staff "break" tent.
wait a minute hhn hollywood has queue videos?

was it really necessary to qoute the entire post? And no. Hollywood doesn't have "queue videos". They have screens that play videos in the queue. Videos = commercial, announcement videos, trailers, etc.
eh sorry man lol, i was just confused for a second

So I was at Universal yesterday (its like I practically live there during this time of year :look:)... Did another construction update because its amazing what can change within two days. Unfortunately, some of my pics from the Studio Tour (jaws side) are not as good this time around due to an asshat couple sitting in the seat I wanted :saw: for better pic taking on both sides. :fist:

Here is a poster located in Citywalk (sorry for the crappy angle. A stupid tourist was sitting on the bench beneath it)
0PUvTVy.jpg

"HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE"
lbEsNa0.jpg

szvzUrS.jpg

oWPRmcl.jpg

yBxkg8C.jpg

^NOTE: we exit THE PURGE section via a "tunnel"... where we'll then enter the theatre facade.

"INSIDIOUS: BEYOND THE FURTHER"
FEq0nwM.jpg

NEW FOR THIS YEAR: They have put the sound absorbing padding up along the JPRA queue fence, which also happens to block the view of the facade from the Studio Tour tram (again, sorry for the half-assed pic).

METRO SETS BATHROOMS :poop:
3PSVzKi.jpg

"URBAN INFERNO"
hIUVAOI.jpg

xoJMFb6.jpg

^Sorry, our tram driver sucked, he kept speeding up at the wrong times! lol

"TITANS OF TERROR TRAM: HOSTED BY CHUCKY"
*NOTE: Wasn't able to get a pic, BUT the green-mesh fencing was up infront of Who-ville. Also, the delivery van from Krampus last year was also parked in the corner where the Grinchmas "Welcome" sign was located.
8Fx5DNp.jpg

XXgsVBP.jpg

jSztuq1.jpg

^"Good Guy" truck returns! (sorry for the lack of clear pic. Sun glare & tram driver speeding up as we passed by :saw:)
VERdJBd.jpg

^FINALLY... some scenic/facade detail for TCM!!!
FCWlzj6.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boils & Ghouls, I proudly present....
"TITANS OF TERROR"

ro3hAEc.jpg

aUUZ9nz.jpg

^Hard to see due to the sunlight & reflection on the glass, but the left window has a "Jason Voorhees" window poster & the right window has a "Freddy Krueger" window poster. I'm sure they'll be backlit at night so be seen better.
1um6fPG.jpg

^Below the window we have the "Slasher Cemetery" featuring the terrifying trio.
R0u5a7l.jpg

^The front porch features a mini Jason candy dish, 3 jack-o-lanterns, a body, an F13 wreath on the door, and Freddy Krueger looming over the doorframe... Along the roof there are ravens, an owl & string lights.
zUsHlwI.jpg

^And lastly, located on the far right side of the facade, there is a mailbox with a severed hand sticking out of it. The mailbox also has the address of the Uber fan- 1428 Sawyer Lake Road (references in order: 1428 Elm Street, "Leatherface" Sawyer, Camp Crystal Lake)

Welp, thats it for now. I'll be back at the park briefly after work on monday & "early" tuesday morning. :cool:

O-M-G! I am now excited for Titans of Terror which didnt look like it was gonna be all that great - the facade looks awesome and so cute! Saturday will be my only day going this year... hoping I get to do it all!