Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A way to filter out Hollywood threads?

I think a more clear distinction between Cali and FL threads would fix this issue, such as specifying the park in the thread title.
We do this in many cases of similar/identical threads. If the confusion is around HHN threads, all you have to look for in the title to know the difference is if it says HHN '17 (USH) or HHN 27 (UOR).

Maybe there should be a naming convention for ALL threads-- like a three letter prefix or suffix on the title (USH/USO/IOA/BGT/SWO/etc.)

Since most people use those abbreviations for the park names just adding them to a title (USH- Halloween Horror Nights 2017 or Halloween Horror Nights 2017 - USO)

It would eliminate the confusion that I think many people have when they open a thread and can't figure out which park is being discussed.

Maybe there should be a naming convention for ALL threads-- like a three letter prefix or suffix on the title (USH/USF/IOA/BGT/SWO/etc.)

Since most people use those abbreviations for the park names just adding them to a title (USH- Halloween Horror Nights 2017 or Halloween Horror Nights 2017 - USF)

It would eliminate the confusion that I think many people have when they open a thread and can't figure out which park is being discussed.

Fixed. ;)

But this, I think; would be better.

As the title says, is there a way to filter out Hollywood threads in the "New Posts" section?

There is not. I understand if you do not want to see coverage for one side, especially when it's outside of your interests, but there's going to have to be some understanding and compromises made when it comes to seeing posts pop up. Just ignore it. This is a community, a larger one outside of just Orlando now - and vice versa for the USHForums crew. Everything won't be for everyone, but at least there is something for everyone.

Which leads me into the general USH vs UOR stuff, so forgive me for getting on a soap box for this one....(and this isn't aimed or meant to pick on you, Joel.)

Since the merger, I've seen petty complaining about it. Just this weekend, the vlogstruction video we just did saw comments like "not USH - thumbs down". I mean, really? IU, nor any other website for that matter, isn't tailor-made specifically for everyone. I think we've been extremely fair in covering both resorts; so at this point, I'm just going to be blunt and say deal with it and get over it.. I'm tired of it. It's ridiculous. They're the same company for crying out loud. The USH vs UOR "battle" (and I'm using battle sarcastically as possible) is worse than the stupid Disney vs Universal crap. Again, everything won't be for everyone, but at least there is something for everyone.

As far as thread naming -

I understand the confusion the HHN threads can cause so we will look into it, but literally every other thread has the name of the park underneath them. If you can't bother to spend an extra second to look, that's on you guys.

There is not. I understand if you do not want to see coverage for one side, especially when it's outside of your interests, but there's going to have to be some understanding and compromises made when it comes to seeing posts pop up. Just ignore it. This is a community, a larger one outside of just Orlando now - and vice versa for the USHForums crew. Everything won't be for everyone, but at least there is something for everyone.

Which leads me into the general USH vs UOR stuff, so forgive me for getting on a soap box for this one....(and this isn't aimed or meant to pick on you, Joel.)

Since the merger, I've seen petty complaining about it. Just this weekend, the vlogstruction video we just did saw comments like "not USH - thumbs down". I mean, really? IU, nor any other website for that matter, isn't tailor-made specifically for everyone. I think we've been extremely fair in covering both resorts; so at this point, I'm just going to be blunt and say deal with it and get over it.. I'm tired of it. It's ridiculous. They're the same company for crying out loud. The USH vs UOR "battle" (and I'm using battle sarcastically as possible) is worse than the stupid Disney vs Universal crap. Again, everything won't be for everyone, but at least there is something for everyone.

I understand the confusion the HHN threads can cause so we will look into it, but literally every other thread has the name of the park underneath them. If you can't bother to spend an extra second to look, that's on you guys.

Didn't mean to open up a can of worms with this one, just wanted to see if there was a quick way to see newest posts for one side or the other. As @scott_walker said, I also enjoy reading up on both coasts but sometimes when I'm in a time crunch at work I like to catch up on one side (or the other).

It's deeply culturally embedded for reasons unknown - at WDW you're expected to know the history of DL as part of the company heritage. At DLR, it's common to not know Disney owns Epcot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt the same way as CF - didn't want to even see Florida stuff. But now I'm enjoying being exposed to the UOR fans. It does take a little getting used to - we all tend to become very insular in our fandom. I know that if I could filter out all Florida posts I would never look at them. I'm pleased with this merger now.

Didn't mean to open up a can of worms with this one, just wanted to see if there was a quick way to see newest posts for one side or the other. As @scott_walker said, I also enjoy reading up on both coasts but sometimes when I'm in a time crunch at work I like to catch up on one side (or the other).

All good. :thumbsup: Worms were opened already before your comment, just thought it was a good time to talk about it.

As the title says, is there a way to filter out Hollywood threads in the "New Posts" section?

I was just thinking this and was about to create a thread. It's annoying and frustrating seeing a thread called "HHN '17 - The Shining", clicking on it and it being for Hollywood. I don't care what happens in Hollywood. That's why I joined "Orlando United" and not any other California parks focused forum.

I was just thinking this and was about to create a thread. It's annoying and frustrating seeing a thread called "HHN '17 - The Shining", clicking on it and it being for Hollywood. I don't care what happens in Hollywood. That's why I joined "Orlando United" and not any other California parks focused forum.
17 = Hollywood
27 = Orlando

:violin:

17 = Hollywood
27 = Orlando

It would take you an extra step, but if you go to the USH page(or any page forum for that matter) first, you can mark the forum read. That way when you go to new posts, those threads will not show up.

Have you considered just getting over the merge and dealing with it? Or possibly reading the full title of the threads before clicking them? That usually works for most people.

I'd like to say I have a similar problem with HHN :)ban:) as I'm missing out on a lot of the popular threads since the notifications can be hit or miss but it's actually working out slightly better as any time I catch a thread being updated, it's nice to have a few posts to catch up on instead of the occasional one if you check daily.