Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no limit to how many lands a park can have, however, Uni would like to squeeze in as many IPs as they possibly can into the park. If they can make original land ideas and able to add 2-3 IPs per land, no doubt the executives will green light.

Really? Magic Kingdom has Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Storybook Circus, and it seems just fine. And that's excluding the hub.

(And yea, I consider Storybook it's own land, but you could split it between classic FL and New FL instead if you prefer.)

Of course there's Disneyland too:

1. Adventureland
2. Critter Country
3. Fantasyland
4. Frontierland
5. Main Street, U.S.A.
6. Mickey's Toontown
7. New Orleans Square
8. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I don't think there's ever a real limit to the number of lands for any theme park, as long as it's fun and easy to get around.
I intentionally mentioned DAK and IoA (and DCA) as those were the newest parks. I didn’t include MK or DL because they’re at least 45 years old.

To be fair though, the movie industry (and as an analogy theme park industry) has completely changed since the last major US park opened.

Now the IP is the draw, not the actor/actress. And the same is true of parks where IPs have replaced specific thrills as the strongest drawing power.

Comcast's ownership of Universal has accelerated that trend across Universal. Of course, the Harry Potter deal for theme parks was put in place before that, but look at the way that Universal's movie slate has almost completely shifted towards IP over the past 3-5 years. (And the financial results followed with Jurassic reboot, F&F, animated films leading to much bigger box office hauls).

All I'll say is, don't be surprised if we see record-breaking levels of IP immersiveness for a new park in this next park.
I agree completely.

We have to readjust our thinking about "Lands". I think several of this parks "lands" will be more on the scale of World Showcase pavilions than full blown lands.

Of course, there will be the big anchor lands (Zelda, Jurassic World, Nintendo, Potter).
Dave- you exactly expressed what I was attempting to say.
I think people are thinking “HP” levels of immersion for all these IPs. And while I think a couple might have that level- the rest will be just as you described.
If they go “world showcase” style with IPs- they could fit a dozen in there. That’d be groundbreaking certainly. And with the smaller sizes, they are easier to exchange and replace.

Reactions: ChuggLyfe
My expectation is that we'll get a "DreamWorks Land" that's basically just 2-4 of these little "pavilions" as DH described. But beyond that, I'd guess most of the areas would be single IP lands. I can't imagine a way in which Pokemon, Lord of the Rings, or Jurassic World would be able to fit outside of a fully fledged land for those properties.

My expectation is that we'll get a "DreamWorks Land" that's basically just 2-4 of these little "pavilions" as DH described. But beyond that, I'd guess most of the areas would be single IP lands. I can't imagine a way in which Pokemon, Lord of the Rings, or Jurassic World would be able to fit outside of a fully fledged land for those properties.

Ironically, I can see Pokemon being a collection of Mini-lands, just as much as DWA; but instead of one major location from the games, it's three major locations.

Reactions: Andysol
Ironically, I can see Pokemon being a collection of Mini-lands, just as much as DWA; but instead of one major location from the games, it's three major locations.
I feel the same way, I imagine the land containing a Route, a Town, and a Safari Zone. The Safari Zone contains the Pokemon Snap attraction, the Route contains some flat rides, and the Town contains the shopping, dining, and interactive experiences.

Ok here is a shot in the dark on the blue sky ‘submit your own idea’ for the parks weenie. This is assuming that Universal can lock up the rights to LOTR but why not build a mountain that looks like this? It can house an attraction and interactive walkthroughs.

I am aware that it’s only visible one mostly one side unless it has different styles of houses similar to the front. It would set the theme for the entryway and allow for a hub and spoke design.

I am curious to what you guys think and what could be improved upon or even if this is a good idea to begin with.

Attachments

• 394365AB-881E-4799-B75F-FFF8B753DD17.jpeg
    394365AB-881E-4799-B75F-FFF8B753DD17.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Me either. But I still only see them using 2 huge IP lands at the new park. As much as a fanboy pipe dream LoTR is- I see JW as being even further far fetched. I’d anticipate JP getting a reskin before that happens. And truthfully, the return on investment simply isn’t there. They have an entire themed land where they can sell JW merch and food already sitting there built.

Last edited:
To take on something similar to what @captainmoch did, I would see this.. (and it's also that I got bored)

Park Name: Universal's WonderSea

Theme: Taking a page off of Tokyo Disneysea, Universal's WonderSea would base itself around a world that has wonder of various kinds, and wonder's that come from various stories. From the biggest to the smallest, this park would bring in a mix of Family adventures with thrills; along with immersing you into the stories that you enter. And that the icon of the park, is a mountain; with designs similar to the Alps of Europe. This would also connect with the opening land of the park.

Area 1: Alpine Harbor/Mount Winken
  • Alpine Harbor, similar to TokyoDisneySea, would barrow inspiration of that, but with the environment feeling more like a spacious village, with dozens upon dozens of homes (which would hide the hotel, and giving hotel guests views. There would also be something similar to the Skipper Tours of Islands, with one of the docks at Alpine Harbor, allowing guests to have a mode of transportation all throughout the land
  • Multiple shops, dining, and live entertainment would reside, inviting and welcoming guests into the park in ways that are enticing and giving respect
  • There would be a large seating area for the show's nighttime spectacular here, along with a stage that can be used for the park openings and other live shows throughout the day.
  • Mount Winken, translated from German to be Mount Beckon would be similar to Mysterious Island, would house a version of the originally planned "Grinch" coaster, with indoor/outdoor elements, as it would follow an original story of a sled ride that goes astray when the forces of nature collide; and that guests encounter not only the blizzard, but also what lurked beneath the mountains
  • The second attraction would be a dark ride, with guests traversing in the caverns of Mount Winken to discover the beauty of the caves, and encounter creatures of all kinds
  • Has a transportation stop
  • The mountain would be at 160 feet high, being a landmark of the park and the property
Area 2: Super Nintendo World: Castle Hyrule
  • Castle Hyrule, would transport guests to Castle Hyrule, and that guests would be transported into the world of Zelda. In this, guests would have multiple shops, dining, and two attractions for young and old.
  • The E-Ticket, is a interactive dark ride with guests going with Link to stop the evil Ganon from his wrath onto Hyrule, and that guests go through multiple locations from the franchise; leading to a showdown between Link, Ganon, and the Guests.
  • The second attraction, would be a transportation attraction; allowing guests to have a look of various spots of Castle Hyrule, and even getting glimpses of certain show-scenes from the Zelda E-Ticket.
  • Has no Transportation stop
Area 3: The Wild's of Pokemon
  • This would be the first of three "pavilion" lands, as The Wilds of Pokemon would feature three "Micro-lands", off of three of the most iconic aspects of Pokemon
  • One attraction, would be a interactive family dark ride, based off of Pokemon Snap, as the attraction uses AR and practical environments for you to find and take photos of various Pokemon from the series, while in a ride vehicle. AA's would also be incorporated in the attraction as-well as Projection Mapping technology
  • The Second, would be an Ollivanders like experience where you get to fight with another player in a simulated Pokemon Arena. And, with use of a smartphone or handheld Nintendo Console; you can have your Pokemon come with you, and fight other Pokemon all throughout the land
  • The Third, would be the Flight of Passage of Pokemon, allowing you to ride ontop of a Charizard and fly in a simulator of high motion
Area 4: Jurassic World
  • Based off of the popular series, this land will have three attractions. This would be one of the major lands in the park
  • One would be a version of the River Rapids from Singapore
  • The Other would be a new version of the B&M flyer, "The Flying Dinosaur"
  • The Third, would be the mega E-Ticket Gyrosphere attraction
  • Would have shops, dining
  • Would attach to a second hotel; themed to Jurassic Park
Area 5: Sci-Fi City
  • The Second of the Pavilion Lands, this would be the smallest of the lands; but would offer three attractions for those of the thrill
  • The first, would be a interlocking dueling coaster based off of Battlestar Galactica; using the layout from Singapore but theming it off of the upcoming movie
  • The second, with be a multi-media dark ride based off of Star Trek, using the cabin concept from Avengers at IMG; the attraction would take guests to different locations from the series, with the cast of the remake trilogy along with the guests
  • The Third, would be a Doctor Who Trackless shooter dark ride, as guests fight against the Daleks and Cyber-Men in an all new attraction.
  • Attaches to a transportation stop
Area 6: Festival of DreamWork's
  • The Third of the Pavilion land's, with three mini-lands
  • E-Ticket Shrek family water ride, and small Far Far Away section
  • the Kung Fu Panda 4-D attraction with a immersive area based off of Gongmen City, with high class dining
  • Berk Mini-land with a 1 hour Dinner Show, where guests can eat and watch the dragons; with them being able to meet with Hiccup, Astrid, along with Nightfury and the dragons and a custom Mack InvertPow attraction
  • Stop for Transportation
Area 7: Middle Earth - Gondor
  • Heavy collaboration with WETA and Peter Jackson
  • Two high E-Ticket level attractions, one being going into Mordor and the second being of the defense of Gondor, with it being a live stunt spectacular
  • Highly immersive with shops, and dining
  • No stop for Transportation
Area 8: J.K.'s Wizarding World - Paris
  • The first area to the left of the park, this would be heavily based off of the second film; with tall landscapes of buildings in french architecture and highly themed sections of the land
  • E-Ticket attraction to be a Multimedia Dark ride, with the use of the Pandora's Box ride system, the attraction takes guests on a journey with Newt, Dumbledore, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob needing the help of guests as they fight against Grindlewald and the original Death Eaters. A scene of guests in Newt's suitcase would be shown, but that would not be the focus
Other notes:
  • The Nighttime Spectacular, would be of a celebration of the elements seen in the park; and that the places of Wonder in Magic, Lords, Dreams, Futures, Creatures, Exploration, and Adventures would all come to circle in a nighttime show of water, pyro, projection mapping, and fire.
  • Marketing would highly go for Middle Earth, Pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, and Jurassic World; but mention Zelda, DreamWorks and the various Sci-Fi IP's.

Last edited:
To take on something similar to what @captainmoch did, I would see this.. (and it's also that I got bored)

Park Name: Universal's WonderSea

Theme: Taking a page off of Tokyo Disneysea, Universal's WonderSea would base itself around a world that has wonder of various kinds, and wonder's that come from various stories. From the biggest to the smallest, this park would bring in a mix of Family adventures with thrills; along with immersing you into the stories that you enter. And that the icon of the park, is a mountain; with designs similar to the Alps of Europe. This would also connect with the opening land of the park.

Area 1: Alpine Harbor/Mount Winken
  • Alpine Harbor, similar to TokyoDisneySea, would barrow inspiration of that, but with the environment feeling more like a spacious village, with dozens upon dozens of homes (which would hide the hotel, and giving hotel guests views. There would also be something similar to the Skipper Tours of Islands, with one of the docks at Alpine Harbor, allowing guests to have a mode of transportation all throughout the land
  • Multiple shops, dining, and live entertainment would reside, inviting and welcoming guests into the park in ways that are enticing and giving respect
  • There would be a large seating area for the show's nighttime spectacular here, along with a stage that can be used for the park openings and other live shows throughout the day.
  • Mount Winken, translated from German to be Mount Beckon would be similar to Mysterious Island, would house a version of the originally planned "Grinch" coaster, with indoor/outdoor elements, as it would follow an original story of a sled ride that goes astray when the forces of nature collide; and that guests encounter not only the blizzard, but also what lurked beneath the mountains
  • The second attraction would be a dark ride, with guests traversing in the caverns of Mount Winken to discover the beauty of the caves, and encounter creatures of all kinds
  • Has a transportation stop
  • The mountain would be at 160 feet high, being a landmark of the park and the property
Area 3: Super Nintendo World: Castle Hyrule
  • Castle Hyrule, would transport guests to Castle Hyrule, and that guests would be transported into the world of Zelda. In this, guests would have multiple shops, dining, and two attractions for young and old.
  • The E-Ticket, is a interactive dark ride with guests going with Link to stop the evil Ganon from his wrath onto Hyrule, and that guests go through multiple locations from the franchise; leading to a showdown between Link, Ganon, and the Guests.
  • The second attraction, would be a transportation attraction; allowing guests to have a look of various spots of Castle Hyrule, and even getting glimpses of certain show-scenes from the Zelda E-Ticket.
  • Has no Transportation stop
Area 4: The Wild's of Pokemon
  • This would be the first of three "pavilion" lands, as The Wilds of Pokemon would feature three "Micro-lands", off of three of the most iconic aspects of Pokemon
  • One attraction, would be a interactive family dark ride, based off of Pokemon Snap, as the attraction uses AR and practical environments for you to find and take photos of various Pokemon from the series, while in a ride vehicle. AA's would also be incorporated in the attraction as-well as Projection Mapping technology
  • The Second, would be an Ollivanders like experience where you get to fight with another player in a simulated Pokemon Arena. And, with use of a smartphone or handheld Nintendo Console; you can have your Pokemon come with you, and fight other Pokemon all throughout the land
  • The Third, would be the Flight of Passage of Pokemon, allowing you to ride ontop of a Charizard and fly in a simulator of high motion
Area 5: Jurassic World
  • Based off of the popular series, this land will have three attractions. This would be one of the major lands in the park
  • One would be a version of the River Rapids from Singapore
  • The Other would be a new version of the B&M flyer, "The Flying Dinosaur"
  • The Third, would be the mega E-Ticket Gyrosphere attraction
  • Would have shops, dining
  • Would attach to a second hotel; themed to Jurassic Park
Area 6: Sci-Fi City
  • The Second of the Pavilion Lands, this would be the smallest of the lands; but would offer three attractions for those of the thrill
  • The first, would be a interlocking dueling coaster based off of Battlestar Galactica; using the layout from Singapore but theming it off of the upcoming movie
  • The second, with be a multi-media dark ride based off of Star Trek, using the cabin concept from Avengers at IMG; the attraction would take guests to different locations from the series, with the cast of the remake trilogy along with the guests
  • The Third, would be a Doctor Who Trackless shooter dark ride, as guests fight against the Daleks and Cyber-Men in an all new attraction.
  • Attaches to a transportation stop
Area 7: Festival of DreamWork's
  • The Third of the Pavilion land's, with three mini-lands
  • E-Ticket Shrek family water ride, and small Far Far Away section
  • the Kung Fu Panda 4-D attraction with a immersive area based off of Gongmen City, with high class dining
  • Berk Mini-land with a 1 hour Dinner Show, where guests can eat and watch the dragons; with them being able to meet with Hiccup, Astrid, along with Nightfury and the dragons and a custom Mack InvertPow attraction
Area 8: Middle Earth - Gondor
  • Heavy collaboration with WETA and Peter Jackson
  • Two high E-Ticket level attractions, one being going into Mordor and the second being of the defense of Gondor, with it being a live stunt spectacular
  • Highly immersive with shops, and dining
  • No stop for Transportation
Area 9: J.K.'s Wizarding World - Paris
  • The first area to the left of the park, this would be heavily based off of the second film; with tall landscapes of buildings in french architecture and highly themed sections of the land
  • E-Ticket attraction to be a Multimedia Dark ride, with the use of the Pandora's Box ride system, the attraction takes guests on a journey with Newt, Dumbledore, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob needing the help of guests as they fight against Grindlewald and the original Death Eaters. A scene of guests in Newt's suitcase would be shown, but that would not be the focus
Other notes:
  • The Nighttime Spectacular, would be of a celebration of the elements seen in the park; and that the places of Wonder in Magic, Lords, Dreams, Futures, Creatures, Exploration, and Adventures would all come to circle in a nighttime show of water, pyro, projection mapping, and fire.
  • Marketing would highly go for Middle Earth, Pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, and Jurassic World; but mention Zelda, DreamWorks and the various Sci-Fi IP's.
Very nice. :thumbsup:

I swear, if Universal goes with Far Far Away as the park's entryway and icon when us random forum-goers can come up with much better concepts, I'll scream.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm going to push this idea. With the park not coming anytime soon, if Universal ends up having a hit with one of their upcoming theme park franchise films which IPs do you think would be the first of the possible IPs to go?

Universal's WonderSea, however, will likely cause a lot of people to accuse Universal of ripping off Tokyo DisneySea. The reason why Islands of Adventure is distinct from all 4 parks in Walt Disney World because you go into different islands and has bridges surrounded by water. None of the parks in the world have anything like this. Universal really needs to come up with something creative and more new like Disney World has done with Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, 4 parks with different themes. Something entirely different that distinct Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida from the rest. I like Islands of Adventure, it's completely different from Universal Studios Florida, where it's about islands with different themes based on myths, cartoons, and other things. Ideologically, Super Nintendo World would totally fit at IOA, but I guess space is the reason why it is moved to USF and kick Kidzone out except ET Adventure ride and Spongebob Squarepants store (although it hasn't been officially announced yet). Anyways, we have no idea what the 4th park is, but like many of you, it would be nice to guess. A DreamWorks-themed area would definitely fit for a 4th park, since Universal officially owns DreamWorks Animation, and they really need to kick it into high-gear, like Disney is doing with Marvel and Star Wars. So far, all I could come up is Universal's video-game world, but we know that's not gonna work out.

Besides, is the walls still up near the ET Adventure where SNW would supposedly take place? I rather prefer they do it after HHN and catch up with Disney's Hollywood Studios' SWGE in Orlando, same reason Universal Studios in Los Angeles should hurry and build SNW at the Lower Lot to catch up with Disneyland's Star Wars and Marvel land.

For everyone, there is a journey.

From places far out and unknown to places very well known, all of us want to experience a brave new world. A place to explore and grow. A place full of wonder and fun. But for most journey, the question is how to get there. At Universal, we have a place were you can help you take that journey. We want to introduce Universal Journey, the 4th park at the award winning UOR where you ,our guest, fully get placed on a journey to new locales in a brand new way. Every journey starts as base camp where you give you your passport to a whole world Tapu Tapu all in a form that goes around your wrist. Then let you grab everything you need. From there, to get to certain and exotic locals take hot air balloons, trains, ferries and other exotic forms of transportation to go to your destination where you will be immersed in a world of adventure.

We will take you to the lands of Far Far Away where you can hang in Medieval Malibu and chill with princess and enjoy the adult magical elixirs that will ensure you have a happily ever after, to the mountains of valleys of Middle Earth where you will fit orcs and go on adventures greater than any one man as you enjoy the forest resort of Rivendell as your brace the waters as you race down rapids away from Orcs, wait as you get beamed into space and explore the world of one of the longest running space operas: Star Trek. And that's not all! We will welcome you to Pacific City, a land dedicated to all our Asians IPs and the first comprehensive theme park land based on East Asia in the United States. Experience the Valley of Peace, Pokemon, Pacific Rim, and enjoy riding through our special new thrilling horror train ride based off the famous international hit korean horror film Train to Busan as Zombies attack as you try to make to the only safe location: Busan. We would also love to tell you about our first new area which is a every changing land with rotational seasonal attractions based off popular IPs.

We are happy to introduce our new WWOHP which is not based on one location but multiple different locations in one land. Experience the schools of Potter and find out where you truly fit into the wizarding world as you try and enjoy cuisine, potions, entertainment and rides based on the schools. You will visit Durmstrangs and their school on a ship. You will enjoy Beauxbatons Academy as you wist around their campus in a lovely unicorn drawn carriage and so much more!

Time to take Santa's sleigh and enter Christmas town! A town where its always Christmas. Enter on the Polar Express or possible a sleigh to a land were the snow is always falling in Central Florida. Enjoy traveling with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and friends as they help Santa save the day. See Frosty the Snow Man come to life before your very eyes and enjoy live stagings of the two hit films turned plays and musicals: Elf! and A Christmas Story!At night, enjoy as the land becomes aglow with Christmas displays and lights as Universal houses the World's largest and most lit Christmas tree!

Once you get to the Hyrule Kingdom, you get to experience life with an annoying fairy who tags along on all your adventures. Once you enter the World of Zelda, select your weapon, your fairy companion, your orcana, and lastly your map as you explore and save the kingdom from the dark forces that will fall upon the land. See famous places from the series and enjoy the Temple of Time and drinking Moo Moo Milk at the local bar.

And this is just the beginning with so many things planned to experience and discover. We are so excited to share and experience with you a Universal Journey!

(Of note: In regards to Pokemon snap, it turns out that the Pokemon Company doesn't own full rights to the idea which is part of the reason why the game hasn't been remade despite game freak wanting to so....I think that Pokemon Snap ride idea is dead unless Universal makes a deal with and licenses it from whoever actually holds the rest of the rights)

Last edited:
I have not seen anyone mention Fantastic Beasts as a IP in the new park. The New York bar would be Great food establishment. The doorway proved a big hit.

If they go the FB route, I think a Kowalski's bakery is pretty much locked into happening. That being in the movie almost seemed too convenient. Like they were looking for F&B ideas for Theme Parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.