Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a video on the UOAP FB page I can’t share of the demolition from a news channel. They’re wasting zero time. This has to be some kind of a record with the speed they’re going at.
Hulk came down pretty fast too, didn't it? I pretty much expected this.

Hulk came down pretty fast too, didn't it? I pretty much expected this.

I think this is coming down faster given that it's two coasters but then again, Universal don't need to worry about damaging footers as it's all going nor is it over a populated area like MSHI which means they can work 24/7.

If they were to sell pieces of it, it would slow the whole process. They just want to throw this thing out and start from scratch.

They can still rip out the coaster and sort it later.

Can Disney go back to building a dueling dragon roller coaster now?

Dragon's Tower (if that's what you're referring to) wasn't a dueling coaster, though. The only thing it and Dueling Dragons had in common were that they were inverted coasters themed around dragons/castles. Except that DT was gonna be a bit more elaborate with themeing and AAs on the actual ride (whereas DD/DC became a naked steel coaster once you got out of the queue line).

Of course, I'd love for TDO to go back and revisit and revitalize Dragon's Tower and the rest of Beastly Kingdom, finally fully fullfilling AK's mission as a park to celebrate animals real, extinct and imaginary and giving actual meaning to the dragon in the logo, but alas, it doesn't fit with Disney's current "WE NEED IPS EVERYWHERE" mandate, and now we have Pandora in its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.