T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal is much faster at walls than Disney, and they removed all signage. I think the facade is staying a la GMR.

You'd be surprised at the level to which walls of any sort change guest satisfaction scores.

Walls put up where they're adding a ride or something where it was backstage or just shrubs before (think France expansion)...

"OMG, it's a construction zone! I expected more from a world class resort!"

But there's too many kiddie cartoons in USF! We need to balance it out with things like Bond, Terminator, Back to the Future, or Star Trek or Alien :)

Like what? Despicable Me... Simpsons... and Shrek, which is soon to be replaced with Pets. KidZone is about to die as well so it doesn't count. If anything, USF, needs more "kiddie cartoons" to go along with the "adult" properties like Fallon, Mummy, Transformers, F&F, Potter, and MIB.

I see both points-of-view here, but I think I ultimately come down a bit more on the side of wanting a few more "edgy" attractions to counterbalance what I already see as a quite family-focused lineup in USF (and that's even before Nintendo shows up). In addition to the animated properties, I would argue that Transformers and Potter have a huge amount of kid/family appeal.

Thinking back to the glory days of the 1990s, this was a park that had rides and attractions with some real bite (Hitchcock, Kong, Jaws), as well as attractions that were targeted much more at adults (Earthquake, Murder She Wrote, T2:3-D). That's not to say those attractions weren't suitable for kids, because ultimately of course they were, but the park felt just a bit more "dangerous" and "grown up" back then, compared to today when basically everything (save for Revenge of the Mummy) is a pretty "safe" family experience.

This is why Bond potentially taking over T2 feels like a fair exchange. Swapping one adult-skewing (but by no means kid-exclusionary) property for another.

Reactions: tankart150
I can't accept the Bourne rumor simply because I have no idea why modern, profit-loving, IP-loving Comcast would go with effin' Bourne, an IP that was basically killed off by a flop last year, for a brand new attraction opening in 2019. It'd be like Disney closing, say, the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at DHS to make a Lone Ranger stunt show. No matter how high-quality the show ends up being, no matter how accessible it is to the general public, there's still the lingering question of "What is even the point of this?" and "Couldn't they have used a better IP?" It just seems completely off to me.

I know it's against the rumor mill, but I actually do feel like Sing would be the best fit here, just because it's right by Despicable Me and Pets. The front half of the park would have Illumination, E.T., and Nintendo for family properties, and the back half would have all of the more adult, thrilling stuff.

I can't accept the Bourne rumor simply because I have no idea why modern, profit-loving, IP-loving Comcast would go with effin' Bourne, an IP that was basically killed off by a flop last year, for a brand new attraction opening in 2019. It'd be like Disney closing, say, the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at DHS to make a Lone Ranger stunt show. No matter how high-quality the show ends up being, no matter how accessible it is to the general public, there's still the lingering question of "What is even the point of this?" and "Couldn't they have used a better IP?" It just seems completely off to me.

I know it's against the rumor mill, but I actually do feel like Sing would be the best fit here, just because it's right by Despicable Me and Pets. The front half of the park would have Illumination, E.T., and Nintendo for family properties, and the back half would have all of the more adult, thrilling stuff.
Do we hate Comcast now? Sorry, I'm just trying to stay relevant

Reactions: tankart150
Nah. I just can't comprehend why a company like them would green-light a Bourne attraction in the year 2017. Comcast loves using profitable IPs. Bourne is the exact opposite of that in every way.
I think Bourne is a red herring, but that is just me

Whatever it is, it will have updated tech and be shiny and new, rather than old and worn like T2

Personally, I'm just glad Comcast takes the parks seriously

I think the smartest move for universal is to transform Hollywood into a mini dreamworks land. Transform T2 3D into a Dreamworks show with Trolls. Turn the Horror Make Up show into a Dreamworks meet and greet for all future dreamworks films. Covert Mel's Diner into Dreamworks Diner! Turn Hello-Kitty(I know that's never happening anytime soon) into a Dreamworks store. And bam! You have a small, relevant, and always profitable section of the park. This could be very similar to what Hollywood is currently doing. I'm aware that Comcast is probably saving Dreamworks for the 4th gate. But, it doesn't hurt to have a small precense of Dreamsworks in USF! :)

I said Bond/Bourne. People doubted and wrote books. Disneyhead heard it's Bond. Now people still don't believe. So I'm done.

I’m having a hard time believing that it’s Bond but there’s no smoke without fire and enough people like yourself that I trust and respect the opinion of have said it for me to get on board.

I think the smartest move for universal is to transform Hollywood into a mini dreamworks land. Transform T2 3D into a Dreamworks show with Trolls. Turn the Horror Make Up show into a Dreamworks meet and greet for all future dreamworks films. Covert Mel's Diner into Dreamworks Diner! Turn Hello-Kitty(I know that's never happening anytime soon) into a Dreamworks store. And bam! You have a small, relevant, and always profitable section of the park. This could be very similar to what Hollywood is currently doing. I'm aware that Comcast is probably saving Dreamworks for the 4th gate. But, it doesn't hurt to have a small precense of Dreamsworks in USF! :)

You must be a fan of Pixar Pier..

I'm a big fan of Pixar Pier! I like cohesiveness. I was never a big fan of DCA and its Californiaits theme. It's redundant and pointless. That's why the park was failing and Disney had to Disneyfy it. There going in the perfect direction. USF needs better theming. Production Center is a complete disaster. Mummy's in New York? Terrible. I know my opinions are always in the minority of these forums. But, hey it's my opinion :) I wish Comcast would use my Dreamworks idea. If they do I'll be awaiting for my check in the mail...

Dreamworks will have its day in a park, but honestly that idea isn’t a great one. In my opinion it makes the park worse and tacky. Getting rid of a great show like Horror Make up for a meet and greet? No thanks. Not knocking you for having and posting ideas because that’s what this place is for, but I’m hoping that’s not their dreamworks plan.

Dreamworks will have its day in a park, but honestly that idea isn’t a great one. In my opinion it makes the park worse and tacky. Getting rid of a great show like Horror Make up for a meet and greet? No thanks. Not knocking you for having and posting ideas because that’s what this place is for, but I’m hoping that’s not their dreamworks plan.

I'm a business man. I know what sells. Horror Make Show does not sell. Out of the 20 plus years I've been going to Universal I've only gone to that show once. That should tell you something right there. Shows are not universals strong suit. A meet and greet with Dreamworks characters will have more people in that area than horror make up show would ever dreamed of having. Also, horror make up show is not great by any means of the imagination. It's old and outdated. Horror stuff just doesn't do well except during the fall season. Mummy is the only exception but that's only because it's a coaster. Universal should leave the horror stuff during Halloween horror nights. There successful with that at least. Why do you think house of horrors closed in USH? It was so dated.

House of Horrors was just bad. Can’t say horror doesn’t work year round though when Haunted Mansions exists.

Haunted Mansion works because it's Disney and it has that classic appeal from Walt Disney himself. Other than that it doesn't have much going for it. Why do you think Disney desperately wants to make it the next pirates with a movie IP? House of Horrors wasn't bad. Just dated.