Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

^^^

Cool - well I can't comment on the "old
days" but I'm guessing there is a lot of chatter from a small group of ppl who aren't representative of everyone who attends. There is a silent majority who vote with their wallets. I see a lot of smiles and happy ppl walking around the park.

It is awesome they consider all the external issues and are able to put on an event that appeals to so many ppl. I heard all summer how this year was going to suck! So when the guide talked about the modifications they made to the Fallen I couldn't help but marvel at how they are able to simultaneously squash any controversy and still turn out an amazing house! While everyone is whining about a lack of promotion (which could be better) the team is putting together an incredible event.

Bravo.

^^^

Cool - well I can't comment on the "old
days" but I'm guessing there is a lot of chatter from a small group of ppl who aren't representative of everyone who attends. There is a silent majority who vote with their wallets. I see a lot of smiles and happy ppl walking around the park.

It is awesome they consider all the external issues and are able to put on an event that appeals to so many ppl. I heard all summer how this year was going to suck! So when the guide talked about the modifications they made to the Fallen I couldn't help but marvel at how they are able to simultaneously squash any controversy and still turn out an amazing house! While everyone is whining about a lack of promotion (which could be better) the team is putting together an incredible event.

Bravo.
What exaclty happened in the Fallen?

Supposedly they got forced to remove the Eternals (Angel) characters due to risk of Christian complaints. I personally didn't notice. Felt basically unchanged IMO.

I was told by an employee that they removed the wings of the Eternal. They originally had wings so resembled angels. Universal didn’t want this to be a religious contronversy.

To be clear the Eternal are still in the maze ... that’s who the Fallen are massacring - they just don’t have wings.

The employee specially pointed out an Eternal (lying on the altar in the first room) has a small chunk of the wing left on it ... that is all that remains of any wings.

So, that’s the deal.

I've heard it in passing before, but I can't remember. What's the name of the company that actually does the construction for HHN?I'm pretty sure the construction of the houses is leased to an outside party that also builds for Disney.

I've heard it in passing before, but I can't remember. What's the name of the company that actually does the construction for HHN?I'm pretty sure the construction of the houses is leased to an outside party that also builds for Disney.
There’s two now, but Fake is the main one. I don’t remember the second.

How are wait times the last night of the event?

From what I hear they are about as low as they will get all season, although I've never experienced the last night myself. Supposedly, once you get past Halloween, general public sentiment moves on to the next holiday season (thanksgiving and Christmas) which means Friday Nov 3 and Saturday Nov 4 are supposed to be as close to dead as the event gets. Again, from what I hear it's almost exclusively locals and real HHN fans. I'm going Nov 3 so hears to hoping what I've heard is accurate!