Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Neighborhood of 45 - 50k. From what I hear, haven't come close to that this year.

This thread had 180+ pages prior to opening night. Maybe 30 pages in the 6 weeks since. The fanbase loves the idea of HHN and what it could potentially be far more than the event itself.
That or we're just all too busy with all the different events going on and don't post much due to lack of sleep ;)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Indications from this Forum & Hollywood's HHN Forum are that attendance did not meet expectations at either resort. Is it time to start doing some new things next year? Perhaps the events have become too much of the same formula....houses, scare zones, houses, scare zones, houses, scare zones...same old..........Maybe some entirely new innovative concept needs added to the equation to make it fresh again......This coming from an HHN outsider. I went six times in two different years, and really have no interest in going again. Got old to me real quick.

Indications from this Forum & Hollywood's HHN Forum are that attendance did not meet expectations at either resort. Is it time to start doing some new things next year? Perhaps the events have become too much of the same formula....houses, scare zones, houses, scare zones, houses, scare zones...same old..........Maybe some entirely new innovative concept needs added to the equation to make it fresh again......This coming from an HHN outsider. I went six times in two different years, and really have no interest in going again. Got old to me real quick.
It was still very busy, but yes overall slightly slower. I would say it is probably more to blame on fewer and less popular IP’s. IP’s have become the expectation of this event with the general public. In fact just last week I walked through the Fallen with a group behind me debating what movie it was based on.

It's simple, really. Most tickets are purchased in advance. So, tier it so the first week is $30 less than full price. Second week is $20 less. Third is full-price through the event. Then, drop the price for any November dates by $20.

In a ‘theme park’ environment, what is Rush of Fear?

I do agree that it appears UNI does not understand the event so well....I mean just look at how they price those early Saturday’s. Would opening SAT be as crowded w/o Frequent Fear guest?

I tend to go week two and have been mentioning for years that SAT is the slowest night.

I guess I am agreeing with your point, but it seems whatever means they use to forecast the event is some silly formula that thinks it is Friday and Saturday are always busy regardless of where they fall on the calendar!?!

In a ‘theme park’ environment, what is Rush of Fear?

I do agree that it appears UNI does not understand the event so well....I mean just look at how they price those early Saturday’s. Would opening SAT be as crowded w/o Frequent Fear guest?

I tend to go week two and have been mentioning for years that SAT is the slowest night.

I guess I am agreeing with your point, but it seems whatever means they use to forecast the event is some silly formula that thinks it is Friday and Saturday are always busy regardless of where they fall on the calendar!?!
Rush of Fear is a shortened Frequent Fear. That's all they view it as.

I think there's still a place for RoF, even with tiered pricing. But there's still a lot of people who only go once a year. Tiered pricing for single-night admission may not be necessary, but I think it would be more honest about the event's quality any given night.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
It was still very busy, but yes overall slightly slower. I would say it is probably more to blame on fewer and less popular IP’s. IP’s have become the expectation of this event with the general public. In fact just last week I walked through the Fallen with a group behind me debating what movie it was based on.

From my experience this year, the crowd levels/crowd control on the nights we went were just about perfect.

None of the houses were walk-ons, but we also didn't spend an overly long time in any line. This allowed us to be in the actual park longer, and spend more money on food and drinks then we probably would have otherwise.

It's simple, really. Most tickets are purchased in advance. So, tier it so the first week is $30 less than full price. Second week is $20 less. Third is full-price through the event. Then, drop the price for any November dates by $20.

How would FFP work with this?
Or the RIP tickets?

How would FFP work with this?
Or the RIP tickets?
Frequent Fear Pass, as a run-long pass, stays the same. It’s already a “deal” compared to the individual costs of each night.

RIP tour could also be tiered, but by the exclusive nature of it I’d limit it to two tiers, September and October. And it wouldn’t be a drastic difference.

Frequent Fear Pass, as a run-long pass, stays the same. It’s already a “deal” compared to the individual costs of each night.

RIP tour could also be tiered, but by the exclusive nature of it I’d limit it to two tiers, September and October. And it wouldn’t be a drastic difference.

The people who would pay more for RIP actually go at the start of the event. The “fans.”

Later it’s people trying to avoid the crowds. The same ones who want to pay for FP/Express. The content of the tour means nothing to them so they are more price sensitive.

The people who would pay more for RIP actually go at the start of the event. The “fans.”

Later it’s people trying to avoid the crowds. The same ones who want to pay for FP/Express. The content of the tour means nothing to them so they are more price sensitive.
And, you think I care? Anyone who can afford the RIP tour just to avoid crowds can still pay the money to avoid crowds. The whole point of this hypothetical is my argument that the event is a lower quality the first few weeks (September) than the later weeks (October). That argument applies to RIP too.

I’m not going to do a by category break-down of tiered pricing because people are incapable of applying the “September should be cheaper” argument in their own way. Doing it will be a waste of time because it won’t change. And your desire to nit-pick every single post someone makes because you can’t fathom someone having different taste, or because it’s not phrased so precisely your able to make a logical connection with the absolute minimum amount of comprehension, is infuriating. If you’re having that hard of a time understanding so many posts on here, pull out an SAT-prep book and practice analogies.

I freely admit I’m an arrogant clod, but I also put effort into what I post. Stop acting like you’re the smartest poster on the boards. Because you’re not. I’m not. Neither of us are in the 70th percentile of theme park knowledge. But doing what you do just makes you come across as a self-absorbed turd.

It was pretty busy, but the atmosphere was nice, the park felt more of a party vibe but not a drunk vibe. It was nice.

Something very interesting i saw tonight was that a lot of people were wearing costumes. Mostly women, but some guys too.
A lot more costumes that in other years.
Not sure how they got past the gates but i saw a lot of skimpy halloween outfits. Naugthy witches, naughty pirates, girls dressed like sexy clowns, vampires, even some had skimpy nun outfits and some girls with full teddy bear suits (a girl had a full cat outfit with tail, ears, gloves, face fully painted as a cat)
. There was a guy dressed like jack sparrow with the belts and everything.

Not sure how they were allowed but i actually liked it a lot. It was fun to see so many people dressed up.

I understand they cant allow masks or elaborate costumes but i wish they relaxed their rules on outfit costumes because tonight was awesome like that. Felt like a big halloween party

Agreed, but then Monday/Halloween night were busier than I think anyone anticipated, so I really don't know.
Monday was dead most of the night but busy towards the end. Halloween was pretty dull as well, but picked up towards the end. In no way what I would consider busy.

Reactions: Joel
Rush of Fear is a shortened Frequent Fear. That's all they view it as.

I think there's still a place for RoF, even with tiered pricing. But there's still a lot of people who only go once a year. Tiered pricing for single-night admission may not be necessary, but I think it would be more honest about the event's quality any given night.

I do appreciate what you are saying. I appreciate that that your reply about ROF included ‘they see it as...’ I guess I always saw RoF as a discount offer for the ‘slower’ period.

I think where we may disagree is the part about most folks buying tickets in advance. I get that for locals, but I think the nature of UoR and the ways the push the event as an add on...well, they have the potential to have a lot of guest that may not know anything about the event nor when it occures and those folks add to the clicks as well.

I think single day tickets to anything theme park, well, it is priced to encourage more nights via another deal or to make an add on seem like a value.

I really brought things up as in the years that the event was crowded, everyone seems to want to blame RoF and I always found that odd (since it is for Sept dates (with maybe a few Oct days...but it covers those first three weeks that you consider the time frame for all to click).

Reactions: Mad Dog
Monday was dead most of the night but busy towards the end. Halloween was pretty dull as well, but picked up towards the end. In no way what I would consider busy.

what do you consider "dead"? house lines of what times? are lines of 40, 50 minutes a dead night? or american horror 70 minutes, is that a dead night? (not being sarcastic, im genuinely interested)

what do you consider "dead"? house lines of what times? are lines of 40, 50 minutes a dead night? or american horror 70 minutes, is that a dead night? (not being sarcastic, im genuinely interested)
Maybe not "dead" like one would've expected a Monday to be like, but it was very slow all night. The only houses that had consistant waits were AHS and Saw and that's bc those are the two biggest IPs (imo) and also because the entrance to both houses are right next to the exit/entrance of the park.

Back by Hive, Scarecrow, Blumhouse? Barely any wait all night. That area of the park is usually swarming.

Reactions: Lucky Planet