Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't decide if I want to try in the competition tonight or not.. we did get free entry and express passes but I worry we may not be able to get to all the houses if we make it far in the competition.

For those interested, here's what the sent out to us:

Soul Collectors…
Thank you for your sacrifice and joining us for the Social Media Meet-Up this Friday, Nov. 3. 64 teams will have their problem-solving skills, stomach and determination tested. You and your guest are one of those 64 teams. As this is a competition, each team will compete in a series of games with each round eliminating half of the teams. Those who are eliminated will get to enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. To prepare yourself, below are the following guidelines:
  • Throughout this challenge, there will be different games featured throughout Universal Studios Florida during Halloween Horror Nights.
  • This is a timed experience, therefore, your wit and skill of Halloween Horror Nights event history as well as Universal Studios Florida knowledge will help you advance.
  • You are encouraged to bring cell phones to solve clues.
  • You must wear comfortable clothing, including shoes, that can get really dirty.
  • Photography and video capturing are allowed.
  • Several activities require travel for long periods of time within the park. Please be prepared to travel quickly through crowds as each experience is timed.
  • Must be willing to consume unique food items.
You and your guest will experience this challenge together. Therefore there are rules as a participant:
  • No cheating. No outside help from anyone who is not your teammate.
  • No running (we have eyes out there and if you’re caught, you will be eliminated from the game)
  • No need to find Team Members for help on the clues. They don’t know the answer. It is for you to solve BUT if you’re stuck or lost, tweet with #HHNMeetUp and this social team will assist you. There are also meet-up representatives at every game.

Event Details:
  • Soul Collector Social Media Meet-Up
  • Date: Friday, Nov. 3
  • Check-In: Universal Studios Florida Arches: 5:45-6:45 PM
  • Social Media Meet-Up: 6:45 PM - 1:30 AM

Come prepared with some food in your stomach as the event will take place during dinner time. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out!

The Social Media Team

I certainly hope not. Atleast after 10 express will be cheap tonight.

Ditto, I seem to keep getting screwed after planning this vacation a while ago. Picked tonight since it was supposed to be dead, now seems like it could be moderate if not worse, picked magic kingdom for next Tuesday since it's supposed to be the best day to go there, they're taping the Disney Christmas parade there that day, jersey week, Disney marathon this weekend, unseasonably cool last week, now unseasonably warm this coming week with humidity...wtf!

How much is express after 10?

Reactions: Joel and MattA
Can't decide if I want to try in the competition tonight or not.. we did get free entry and express passes but I worry we may not be able to get to all the houses if we make it far in the competition.
Kind of thinking the same thing. I want to do this it sounds fun, but losing isn't bad either since you can go and use the express pass visit all the houses one last time. I guess I would be happy to make it halfway.

Reactions: Joel
Kind of thinking the same thing. I want to do this it sounds fun, but losing isn't bad either since you can go and use the express pass visit all the houses one last time. I guess I would be happy to make it halfway.

You have to do your best. Sure, you can get to see the houses one last time; but, you've already seen them (probably) multiple times. You also don't know what the final prize might be. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if it turned out to be really good, and you ended up throwing the game just so you could see Scarecrow for the 10th time?

You have to do your best. Sure, you can get to see the houses one last time; but, you've already seen them (probably) multiple times. You also don't know what the final prize might be. Wouldn't you be kicking yourself if it turned out to be really good, and you ended up throwing the game just so you could see Scarecrow for the 10th time?
Oh yeah definitely! I’m not going to throw the game. Just saying I’ll still have something to look forward to if I lose though. Each round is a 50/50 shot after all.

I know UOR's internal predictions were low for this weekend--less than half even a typical September/early October night. But ... with Knight Night tonight. And, anecdotally, at least three groups of out-of-town friends in Orlando for the event. And that AP-only B&T show tonight. I do wonder if they are underestimating the crowd.

interesting. I mean, reading around here they are bringing folks as a gift back or something...whatever these meet ups are. Then tossing to College discount out for a Friday after Halloween.

With the anecdotal from a local, I wonder about a weekend post Halloween...a last chance to see the event, while for locals, it is not like there would be a Halloween party to go to....maybe they are learning. I think I was just a little ticked at them for I almost considered checking at an RiP tour, but the price for a FRI or SAT was so crazy to me (esp since I knew in my heart, they would not be that busy to where I could enjoy the event even w/o Express)...I sort of laughed inside for when I went to Scarecrow that night, I overheard house security telling someone that had expected that night to be extremely crowded (this was towards the end of the night)...and this 'worker' seemed surprised at how slow that was compared to other nights that week which had already passed....but then again, it was a pattern I've noticed before!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just personal opinion here, but, this feels like the busiest night of my whole run. Streets are really crowded and it is only 7:30.
I never go saturdays of course but there is a huge line to just enters the park from what i hear on fb .
Traffic is the heaviest i had to deal with this early in the day.

Maybe there have been busier nights. But for me this feels the busiest.

Just personal opinion here, but, this feels like the busiest night of my whole run. Streets are really crowded and it is only 7:30.
I never go saturdays of course but there is a huge line to just enters the park from what i hear on fb .
Traffic is the heaviest i had to deal with this early in the day.

Maybe there have been busier nights. But for me this feels the busiest.

This is our only night this year, but we were able to get thru AHS, The Shining, Dead waters, Scarecrow, Blumhouse, and Hive by 7:15. Now standing in our longest line yet at Saw, supposedly 60min, been 35 so far and think we are 10-15min out. Stay and scream seemed not busy at all, and wait times are just now starting to really rise.

Overall, I'm very happy so far with wait times, less happy with the scares. I think we are getting bad runs through the houses with the scares happening in front of and behind us, because I have yet to be in a house that I want to get the hell out of, and that's my sign that it's a legit scary house. Best so far for scares was ending to blumhouse, but even that didn't feel very intense. Hoping we can manage some second run-through a that are better timed.

Yeah the houses are not as crazy long but the part and the zones still feel very crowded. A lot of people must be here for bill and ted or academy of villains or something.
Scarecrow was 50 minutesfor me and hive was 40.

Reactions: Suprachica79
Yeah the houses are not as crazy long but the part and the zones still feel very crowded. A lot of people must be here for bill and ted or academy of villains or something.
Scarecrow was 50 minutesfor me and hive was 40.

Yea, app is pissing me off, saw that ash was only 15 so walked over to it...just kidding, it's 50min. No thanks! Also, saw was spot on, said 60 min, took me 60min.

Purge is suuuper crowded. The clown zone is super crowded.

I heard some employees saying they didnt expect this amount of people.

Yea, wait times for the first hour and a half were reasonable, now they are ridiculous for a night where it was supposed to be dead, I'm pissed. Idk if it was one factor or a multitude, but this is way busier than anyone anticipated, and it sucks for those who had planned on reasonable wait times.

I guess I wouldn't be as irritated if I had good runs through the house, but with people saying some of these houses are some of the GOAT, I have been incredibly underwhelmed so far.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
Yeah very crowded! I just saw them bring out more barriers to extend the Saw queue out to Mel’s. All the waits are going up too.

Reactions: MattA