Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
90 minute house lines.
Bill and ted filled up super quickly.
Even lines for food and alcohol are the longest lines ive ever seen this year.
It definitely worked well for uni

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
90 minute house lines.
Bill and ted filled up super quickly.
Even lines for food and alcohol are the longest lines ive ever seen this year.
It definitely worked well for uni
Yeah I’m at Monsters now. It seems to have died down but they have an extended queue set up out the door, don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

Just a note... Universal has had several job fairs in the past few weeks.. and those people have gone through orientation and gotten IDs now... which means HHN admission.

So there’s literally a group of like 1000 people now attending.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah last night was slammed, and it kinda surprised many people. The November dates last year were a direct result of Hurricane Matthew and not really on the calendar until extremely late, vs this year, so that's one big difference. Plus Bill and Ted, guaranteed full stadiums for every show tonight.

So I’m trying to think what they could’ve realistically cut from other houses to add a couple more scenes to Dead Waters, as well as how they could’ve switched around house locations (if Fallen and Saw had switched locations, would there have been more room for DW? Would they have been able to do the bungee stunts in the Shrek theatre? Could Saw have fit in the MIB tent, so that Blumhouse could’ve been DW’s roommate, definitely providing it with room?

Pointless musings, I know.

So I’m trying to think what they could’ve realistically cut from other houses to add a couple more scenes to Dead Waters, as well as how they could’ve switched around house locations (if Fallen and Saw had switched locations, would there have been more room for DW? Would they have been able to do the bungee stunts in the Shrek theatre? Could Saw have fit in the MIB tent, so that Blumhouse could’ve been DW’s roommate, definitely providing it with room?

Pointless musings, I know.
I think all the houses are in the right spot this year. A lot of people forget, DW has two massive scenes that take up half the house. And the regular scenes are still larger than usual. I think if they would've designed it with normal 10x12 rooms, the grand scale would've been taken away, which is what his house relies on. So I think it's good they went with the larger set pieces.

Got there around 7, hit up most of the rides and quickly realized the house lines would only grow as the night progressed. So, we caved and bought the 10 p.m. fast passes (thanks for mentioning those!). Hit our five must-see houses and all the rides. As someone who went to HHN for six years in a row back in the day and hasn't attended since 2011, I still loved it. I'm easy to scare, and each house packed at least several great scares for me and my girlfriend.

We're already planning on going next year, but hopefully during a not-so-crowded day (is the opening weekend still pretty lax).

When anyone gets there today let us know what the situation is for Bill and ted tickets. I'm curious if there is already a group of people waiting. I figure I'll show up around 3ish and take whatever that gets me. I was more than satisfied with last night's show.

When anyone gets there today let us know what the situation is for Bill and ted tickets. I'm curious if there is already a group of people waiting. I figure I'll show up around 3ish and take whatever that gets me. I was more than satisfied with last night's show.

According to the Bill & Ted thread there are already those queueing up for the last public show.

Last night was incredible, between the HHNMeetup (only made it to the second round) and then the 1:30AM show.. pretty emotional, lots of standing ovations, cool insertions of UOAP stuff and the audience saying the punchlines of the jokes together. I'll never forget last night, sad to see B&T go. I genuinely believe they'll bring back the show in some form within 5-10 years because of how loved it is.

Also for the UOAP show last night:

I don't know who the guy is (I believe the lead writer/director?) but he started off by sharing some BTS info about the show, including all the easter eggs. Then he said that him and Aiello put together a video montage of most (if not all) B&T's throughout the years so they can play it before the last shows tomorrow. But then he said they're also going to share it with us, the UOAP show (the video played before the show). Aiello did the first half of the video last year and then this guy finished it off.

EDIT:

Yea, app is pissing me off, saw that ash was only 15 so walked over to it...just kidding, it's 50min. No thanks! Also, saw was spot on, said 60 min, took me 60min.

App was spot on for me all night, I was very impressed compared to years past.

The ending of Blumhouse is what every haunted house should strive to be. Wow.

And yes I can confirm it was busier than hell last night. Take an Uber and use the USF guest drop off by Hard Rock if you can. Will save you a good 45min tonight if you plan on going. Also, after 10 Express is a must.

Definitely this, we couldn't get an onsite hotel since they were all sold out so we stayed at Hyatt Place and took an uber to Hard Rock and walked from there.. so much easier

Someone said it gets less busy the couple nights after Halloween. LOL

Are non-peak nights now busier than peak nights? Given that non-peak nights are cheaper, wouldn’t surprise me. Supply and demand is a chicken and egg thing.

Reactions: Joel