Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney World trip planning advice

Aug 11, 2016
Miami, FL
I stareted this thread originally for advice to my Disney trip, but this is for all who want to give advice or ask for it. My apologies, pardon my negelegance if this is already a thread, but in searching I never found a dedicated thread to this topic. Ok, now to the main point. I have gone to Epcot last year during January and magic kingdom in early 2016 for a class trip, but other than those to small trips I haven't been to on Disney vacation since 2010 when I was 10. The past few times I've gone have been either for a few hours in the Magic Kingdom from 11:00 - 6:30 for a class trip, or during a trip to universal my sister had an event at Epcot so my family decided to go for the day.
I am oblivious to anything and everything when it comes to Disney. The year I turned 8 is when my Dad told me that there would be no more Disney, and Universal would take the thrown for yearly summer trips. The last tim I went to magic kingdom I completely missed fantasy land and had to ride space mountain 3 times just because I didn't know where anything was. I am super educated on Universal rides, parks, resorts, dinning, amenities, and just in general Universal. I am not mad at all about the fact that I only go to universal, and I'm super grateful that I can go more than once a year. Just, i want to know special benefits and how Disney works so I can save money and be that annoying person who tells everyone wher to go because they know the park like the back of their hand.

I'm going January 1-4 and I'm staying in the Princess room (because I was one of the only rooms available, but I'm not complainning because it's a really pretty room NGL) at Port Orleans Riverside Resort. I am going to Epcot one of those days and obviously want to have the best exprirince I can. I'm staying at one hotel, but I know that each Disney hotel is acssesable and thay all have alto of ammentinites. In a 4 day span I want to see each hotel. Either monerail hopping, boat or just walking. Also, can someone give me a link or just yourself give tips on Epcot, Dos eh a springs, and Disney resorts for:

- activities
- restaurants
- best place/ restaurant to see Happily Ever After forework show
- can I get pinnaple dolewhipp at Epcot or outside the Disney parks
- What are a bunch of things that I can take advantage of from the Disney Resorts
- Are there any seasonal foods or activities during January
- what is the best time get to Epcot, eat, go to Disney Springs, tour each of the resorts
- What are the best resorts to visit
- who can I knock of everything I want to do in all these days
- If you are a Disney head, can you provide you vacation game plan to do a bunch of Disney activities

Sorry if this is allot but I hope you could give me a ptleast a little advice. Thank you.

There are numerous websites and forums that specialize in Disney trip planning. Try the DIS Boards or WDW Magic.

I stareted this thread originally for advice to my Disney trip, but this is for all who want to give advice or ask for it. My apologies, pardon my negelegance if this is already a thread, but in searching I never found a dedicated thread to this topic. Ok, now to the main point. I have gone to Epcot last year during January and magic kingdom in early 2016 for a class trip, but other than those to small trips I haven't been to on Disney vacation since 2010 when I was 10. The past few times I've gone have been either for a few hours in the Magic Kingdom from 11:00 - 6:30 for a class trip, or during a trip to universal my sister had an event at Epcot so my family decided to go for the day.
I am oblivious to anything and everything when it comes to Disney. The year I turned 8 is when my Dad told me that there would be no more Disney, and Universal would take the thrown for yearly summer trips. The last tim I went to magic kingdom I completely missed fantasy land and had to ride space mountain 3 times just because I didn't know where anything was. I am super educated on Universal rides, parks, resorts, dinning, amenities, and just in general Universal. I am not mad at all about the fact that I only go to universal, and I'm super grateful that I can go more than once a year. Just, i want to know special benefits and how Disney works so I can save money and be that annoying person who tells everyone wher to go because they know the park like the back of their hand.

I'm going January 1-4 and I'm staying in the Princess room (because I was one of the only rooms available, but I'm not complainning because it's a really pretty room NGL) at Port Orleans Riverside Resort. I am going to Epcot one of those days and obviously want to have the best exprirince I can. I'm staying at one hotel, but I know that each Disney hotel is acssesable and thay all have alto of ammentinites. In a 4 day span I want to see each hotel. Either monerail hopping, boat or just walking. Also, can someone give me a link or just yourself give tips on Epcot, Dos eh a springs, and Disney resorts for:

- activities
- restaurants
- best place/ restaurant to see Happily Ever After forework show
- can I get pinnaple dolewhipp at Epcot or outside the Disney parks
- What are a bunch of things that I can take advantage of from the Disney Resorts
- Are there any seasonal foods or activities during January
- what is the best time get to Epcot, eat, go to Disney Springs, tour each of the resorts
- What are the best resorts to visit
- who can I knock of everything I want to do in all these days
- If you are a Disney head, can you provide you vacation game plan to do a bunch of Disney activities

Sorry if this is allot but I hope you could give me a ptleast a little advice. Thank you.

So are you just going to Epcot and Disney Springs?

Yes, Epcot and DS but I also heard that touring other hotels and eating in their different restaurants was something that is very popular.

One day at Epcot you should hit the big thrill attractions as a priority: Test Track, M:S, and Soarin. Then fit in the other Future World attractions as they interest you, I’m always a fan of Living with the Land. Make sure to check out exhibits and other activities in the area.

World Showcase hit the exhibits and explore the countries. There’s not one major attraction to hit here since the big three are either kids rides or an AA show. But do make sure to see Illuminations.

For visiting other hotels you’ll want to use the busses and hubs at the parks to transfer to them. I’d recommend the Bay Lake hotels (Contemporary, Polynesian, GF, and Wilderness Lodge), Crescent Lake hotels (Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin), and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Disney Springs is fun but it is “just” a shopping mall. Food there is nearly uniformly fantastic outside of Rainforest, T Rex, and Bongos.