Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really looks like they are clearing the entire area. Way more than I suspected. I wonder how much of it will be retention ponds or backstage- because it looks like they're clearing the entire 7 acres

It really looks like they are clearing the entire area. Way more than I suspected. I wonder how much of it will be retention ponds or backstage- because it looks like they're clearing the entire 7 acres
Are there any photos?

And in general , IDK If it's been talked about but is it just a ride? Are there shops? Will there be unique elements? Isn't 7 acres for a ride kind of big? Am I tripping?

As someone who has ridden "Arthur" in Europapark many times, I can attest that it is in no way considered a "thrilling" "intense" ride.
However, the possibilities with the Mack coaster are amazing. It this does become the ride system, I trust Uni can make a fantastic
experience for everyone with the ride. And to do it right, you DO need a lot of space for all the elements you need to introduce.

Are there any photos?

And in general , IDK If it's been talked about but is it just a ride? Are there shops? Will there be unique elements? Isn't 7 acres for a ride kind of big? Am I tripping?

@Alexshow posted these from Bio

7 Acres would be massive for a ride. I highly, highly doubt that all of that is going to be a ride. But they did make the decision to clear everything- which is certainly good news and makes a future addition that much more plausible.

Does it look like they are building a stream/canal along the Park side?

I assume they pull out the remaining coaster supports and fill that water in (as they did with that yellow sand?

Then that deep hole at the back where I thought it looked like they were going deeper than folks in my neck of the woods can go, I see that wall there now that I hadn’t noticed before, I assume that is a barrier to hold the land in place.

I assume the other hole towards the back might be a new water retention area (the one with water in it).

Dang, is this site growing on me? It’s not like I ever paid attention to construction a couple of years ago...well, I did do some electrical work on a hotel many many moons back...

It's amazing how small this looks without the coaster there.

The good news about this project is that we will probably be able to get a good idea of what is coming pretty quickly judging by the foundations.

I was thinking the opposite, look at it compared to the neighbouring Hogsmeade. Talking of Hogsmeade I would love them to flesh it out and add another street for us to explore.

Talking of Hogsmeade I would love them to flesh it out and add another street for us to explore.

Seeing the aerials, I am beginning to think that little will change on that front, and that the old path to DC will remain, including the queue route through the building.

Wouldn’t we be surprised if no show building was constructed and it was just a track through a landscaped forest.

Seeing the aerials, I am beginning to think that little will change on that front, and that the old path to DC will remain, including the queue route through the building.

Wouldn’t we be surprised if no show building was constructed and it was just a track through a landscaped forest.

I can already hear the meltdowns.

If the old queue building was going you would think they would have attacked it by now.

Last edited:

I might be ok with that :bolt:

I can't see them not having a show building of some kind though

The queue building is supposedly staying. Doubtful it's going to be a castle anymore, as that doesn't really fit into the Forbidden Forest mythology. In fact, it remaining is probably the biggest indication that this is going to be an indoor coaster. All they really need to do is put a gate to the Forbidden Forest right about where the stage currently sits - the entrance to the Forbidden Forest MUST be from Hogwarts and not Hogsmeade, and it especially must NOT be where Dragon Challenge's entrance was - then have a path through some trees which ends at the Shrieking Shack, which would be the entrance to the indoor queue. Done right and nobody would ever see the castle behind it. This gate entrance actually exists in the soundstage attraction they have over in Britain, so it's obviously something JK Rowling has approved.

I think the ride building will be shoved as far back into the plot as possible. This way they can build new shops across from the Owl Post building, including a ride-exit shop. You know shops are the main reason they build anything here! They're going to need something to hide the massive ride building and this area isn't deep enough to hide it with an actual forest. New buildings would also allow them to divert the Hogwarts Express queue to begin and end in Hogsmeade proper, if they really wanted to get immersive. They could even make that ride empty into a gift shop! YOU get a gift shop! And YOU get a gift shop! EVERYBODY gets a gift shop!

I really hope they end up doing something like this. The current location of that stage is moronic, right in the middle of what may be the park's busiest intersection. They could move the stage over to the back alley in Hogsmeade - it doesn't really need to be in Hogwarts like the Forbidden Forest does. In fact, a perfect location would be the former Dragon Challenge entrance. It fronts a huge, underused square that would be perfect for a crowd to watch these small, underdeveloped shows!

The queue building is supposedly staying. Doubtful it's going to be a castle anymore, as that doesn't really fit into the Forbidden Forest mythology. In fact, it remaining is probably the biggest indication that this is going to be an indoor coaster. All they really need to do is put a gate to the Forbidden Forest right about where the stage currently sits - the entrance to the Forbidden Forest MUST be from Hogwarts and not Hogsmeade, and it especially must NOT be where Dragon Challenge's entrance was - then have a path through some trees which ends at the Shrieking Shack, which would be the entrance to the indoor queue. Done right and nobody would ever see the castle behind it. This gate entrance actually exists in the soundstage attraction they have over in Britain, so it's obviously something JK Rowling has approved.

I think the ride building will be shoved as far back into the plot as possible. This way they can build new shops across from the Owl Post building, including a ride-exit shop. You know shops are the main reason they build anything here! They're going to need something to hide the massive ride building and this area isn't deep enough to hide it with an actual forest. New buildings would also allow them to divert the Hogwarts Express queue to begin and end in Hogsmeade proper, if they really wanted to get immersive. They could even make that ride empty into a gift shop! YOU get a gift shop! And YOU get a gift shop! EVERYBODY gets a gift shop!

I really hope they end up doing something like this. The current location of that stage is moronic, right in the middle of what may be the park's busiest intersection. They could move the stage over to the back alley in Hogsmeade - it doesn't really need to be in Hogwarts like the Forbidden Forest does. In fact, a perfect location would be the former Dragon Challenge entrance. It fronts a huge, underused square that would be perfect for a crowd to watch these small, underdeveloped shows!
Could you do a rough sketch?

I'd say it's the opposite. I don't see why they would keep one building for the queue when they could incorporate it into the new show building.

Status
Not open for further replies.