Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Justice League (2017/2021)

On the subject of being spoiled, I think that the Nolan Batman trilogy was so great that any other Batman now has a lot to live up to. I think the casting for the current roster is pretty much perfect but the direction and style is what's letting it down.

I love Nolan's TDK trilogy as films, however as Batman movies, they are utter disgraces to the Gotham/ Batman lore. Bale is a terrible Batman, and while Ledger gave one hell of a performance as one of the best on screen antagonists of all time, I have yet to see a proper on screen Joker. Nolan's trilogy does have many spoiled as to the type of standard many come to expect from DC now.

Man of Steel was great IMO, Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition) I loved, however still isn't what it should have been (the theatrical version is a mess) Suicide Squad is junk and Wonder Woman was great. I hope Justice League, if it does well, makes many appreciate the road leading up to Justice League, as well as Snyder's vision for Superman.

I agree with your casting comment, and I will say the direction it's going is unpredictable which causes for uncertainty, but I don't feel the franchise is anywhere near as terrible as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
... Nolan is producing the movie... and Joss Whedon was brought in to finish the film after Snyder’s unfortunate family tragedy...

I feel the problem with CB movies nowadays is we’re so spoiled, and we don’t wanna embrace anything outside the traditional MCU formula which I find tiring (however, I have found all of this years MCU films excellent).

I really did not know that. We were very spoiled with the Nolan Batman trilogy. I enjoy Affleck as an actor and writer/director, I just don't know if he is a great Batman. Bale is the greatest Batman I think (for me) there has been. I don't know if that is solely because of his pedigree as an actor, but also because of a larger quality of the whole spectacle of that trilogy. Whatever it was, I doubt we will see something quite that good for some time. Those films were Oscar-worthy in my eyes.

I liked it. I also liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman so I guess that's not saying much. I do wish it was just a little longer though.

I liked it too, but after my second viewing, wow I felt it was really bad at some points (especially the beginning and towards the end).

So with the film only pulling $96 million domestically, I highly doubt the higher ups at WB are going to be happy that the big team-up film of theirs couldn't break $100 million, let alone having the lowest opening of their DCEU films.

When the domestic box office struggles like that, it doesn't matter how good gobal does, they're not going to get the numbers they want.

So with the film only pulling $96 million domestically, I highly doubt the higher ups at WB are going to be happy that the big team-up film of theirs couldn't break $100 million, let alone having the lowest opening of their DCEU films.

Not to mention, I would expect the BO to decrease drastically from the critical and audience response being highly divisive, and that Coco is going to bring a lot of families to the theaters next weekend as we reach Thanksgiving.

WB takes this stuff too seriously for how absurd it all is. They misunderstood that the “grittiness” of Nolan’s Bat-verse worked because everyone in that world is human. The moment you introduce God-like powers, you need to lighten it up.

Even Wonder Woman is only mediocre compared to most of the Marvel flicks. It “feels” great because expectations for DC movies are so low to begin with.

I’ll watch it when it’s on HBO, laugh at its pandering desperation, and forget about it.

I liked it but I can acknowledge it has some big flaws.

DC is in world of hurt if they don't start righting the ship. A Cyborg movie is not the answer.

I liked it but I can acknowledge it has some big flaws.

DC is in world of hurt if they don't start righting the ship. A Cyborg movie is not the answer.
How about a new Batman? Is a new Batman the answer? We think a new Batman is the answer.

I think this movie was a step in the right direction, it will be interesting to see how the next two dc movies (Aquaman and Shazam) will do.