Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
you know one thing just kinda bothers me about this area.Its a land based on toy story so im guessing there is gonna be a store in it.Which wouldn't bother me but chances are its gonna be a toy store or at least sell toys in a land that is populated by living toys.

you know one thing just kinda bothers me about this area.Its a land based on toy story so im guessing there is gonna be a store in it.Which wouldn't bother me but chances are its gonna be a toy store or at least sell toys in a land that is populated by living toys.
There is no store within the land, oddly. I'm guessing all merch will be from carts as they are not building a dedicated store within the land.

There is no store within the land, oddly. I'm guessing all merch will be from carts as they are not building a dedicated store within the land.
Right. I believe the original concept had an "Al's Toy Barn" on the left side before you entered the land along with Woody's area with shops on the right but all of that was nixed in the final version. (see below)
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

Reactions: Nick
Al's Toy Barn would've been nice. I was also really hoping for a true counter service restaurant here, especially since DHS' options are so lacking.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Al's Toy Barn would've been nice. I was also really hoping for a true counter service restaurant here, especially since DHS' options are so lacking.
Al's Toy Barn would've broken the theme incredibly however since We're supposedly the size of Green army men in this land.

Of course thematic cohesion isn't a strong suit of TSL. :lol:

Reactions: Joel
Right. I believe the original concept had an "Al's Toy Barn" on the left side before you entered the land along with Woody's area with shops on the right but all of that was nixed in the final version. (see below)
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg
Such a shame they nixed the shops and potential food in this already cheap land. I'm not even remotely interested in anything in this land.

Of course, this all goes back to Disney's super bloated budgets and overspending. Something needs to change.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Such a shame they nixed the shops and potential food in this already cheap land. I'm not even remotely interested in anything in this land.

Of course, this all goes back to Disney's super bloated budgets and overspending. Something needs to change.
The sad thing is even with the stuff that would have made this land a bit more complete (Woody's Roundup, Al's, Rockwork, etc), the cost of this land is stupid.

Of course according to Martin, the two most expensive (announced) rides coming the WDW are GOTG and Tron. Two Coasters in a box. Even the Star Wars rides somehow cost less supposedly.

Of course according to Martin, the two most expensive (announced) rides coming the WDW are GOTG and Tron. Two Coasters in a box. Even the Star Wars rides somehow cost less supposedly.

I believe it, but that's absolutely insane. Given what we know about the GOTG coaster, where's the money going there? What's going to cost more there than, say, the SW Battle ride? Both involve new builds. Weird.

it looks like the one in france

If the TSL at DHS had added that parachute ride, I reckon it would have completely changed my opinion on this land.

Edit: Watching a little more of that video with John Lasseter describing some of the rides, I assume he probably won't be invited to the opening.

If the TSL at DHS had added that parachute ride, I reckon it would have completely changed my opinion on this land.

Edit: Watching a little more of that video with John Lasseter describing some of the rides, I assume he probably won't be invited to the opening.

For the better or worse?