Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond the Trump AA, I'm really curious to see how much of the show has been rewritten or refocused. Is it just going to be basically the same iteration as the Obama version? If not, who's doing the new narration? Are the same ex-presidents going to have speaking roles, or different ones?

Beyond the Trump AA, I'm really curious to see how much of the show has been rewritten or refocused. Is it just going to be basically the same iteration as the Obama version? If not, who's doing the new narration? Are the same ex-presidents going to have speaking roles, or different ones?

At this point all I can confirm is WDI is actively working with the Donald AA in the show.

I've been keeping my ear to the ground with this show and heard that even if Hilary won the show would be down for a longer than expected period due to some serious structural issues with the stage found after its closure. The issues with the Presidential administration's... priorities and professionalism... caused further issues.

There should be additional security and discretion signage outside of the theater. Gotta love that this will probably be the first Disney attraction to have a "don't be a dick" sign outside the door.

Expecting this to go viral and several boycotts to go up irregardless. Gonna be a long winter ahead for the Magic Kingdom. The best they can hope is for certain investigations to come to a conclusion that allows the show to shutter yet again asap. That or strap in for three years of this.

I know there are people here who like the current POTUS. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it. However I would hope they can even realize that Disney is caught in an unfortunate position within one of the country's most volatile political environments in decades. All I can ask you, on either side of the aisle, be respectful or don't go.

I love the Hall of Presidents. Was the only attraction where the audience on stage outnumbers the audience in the seats. And they're ALL STARING BACK AT YOU! It's a technical marvel and I enjoy it greatly. Plus, air conditioning!

I don't think I've done the Hall of Presidents in about 20 years. Weirdly, all the recent drama has me interested in actually going back. It would be interesting to see if it has a rise or fall in attendance once it reopens.

I don't think I've done the Hall of Presidents in about 20 years. Weirdly, all the recent drama has me interested in actually going back. It would be interesting to see if it has a rise or fall in attendance once it reopens.

Higher attendance 100%. Much of WDWs attendance are people from the south and middle U.S. Even the people who don't like him or foreigners would want to see it I'm sure.

XOhwW48KRAkxHx8zvh6XjE2LfcqXveTY1nfNTOhSJVSHwHruQBe2PeVDh5L4W03Ci74dt5SS7OwOK0bWnFOgzBOMMSAmvxmwuGaI-vQMxes3_fnR_hsVTuIrxKAp9RWXm5biDX4j

The best they can hope is for certain investigations to come to a conclusion that allows the show to shutter yet again asap. That or strap in for three years of this.

If Ivanka wins that'll be four or eight more years of a Trump white house.

Last edited:
I really don't want to get into the popular vote vs electoral college debate, so how about we shall not? We get it: you support Trump. No need to intentionally ruffle feathers. Last warning.

This is a serious question (not trolling), are people allowed to wear political gear? Like MAGA hats at the parks?

I remember when this picture went viral. Lol
3920F83D00000578-0-image-m-62_1475700067518.jpg

Last edited:
I know there are people here who like the current POTUS. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it. However I would hope they can even realize that Disney is caught in an unfortunate position within one of the country's most volatile political environments in decades. All I can ask you, on either side of the aisle, be respectful or don't go.

There have already been issues over the past 17 years with people jeering W and Obama. I'm certain it would have been worse with HR Clinton, tho admittedly not as bad as I'm anticipating with Trump. This was a trend long before last year, and it's a failure on WDW Imagineering if they failed to anticipate it.

I actually like the new Obama-era show, narrated by Morgan Freeman. It's an interesting social historian-focused narrative of the role of the Presidency in America, rather than a brief overview of U.S. history (which American Adventure does better than HoP ever did). Hoping it survived more or less intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point all I can confirm is WDI is actively working with the Donald AA in the show.

I've been keeping my ear to the ground with this show and heard that even if Hilary won the show would be down for a longer than expected period due to some serious structural issues with the stage found after its closure. The issues with the Presidential administration's... priorities and professionalism... caused further issues.

:rolleyes: How convenient! That's not how Jedi mind tricks work. lol

Play nice. This thread is on a very short leash. Any members crossing a line due to a differing opinion will be banned, on spot, no questions asked.

So does this only account for people who are pro-Trump? Anti-Trump supporters just get passes to throw jabs every time they can?
Such as:
I will be one of the boo-ers as long as that doesn't justify a ban..

Personally I hope someone who hates Disney and hates trump does something to his AA.. I would never wish harm on an actual human being but an AA? go for it.

..and I'm done with politics before I get in trouble
I'm also pretty sure he will be completely scripted, because a true historical speech would offend at least one minority group, Insert the word "I" every 5th word of the speech, and also most contain the phrase "Believe me" once every minute. Also the AA should mock the rest of the AAs for being inferior to his... D's AA is now the best AA ever built in the history of technology, and also take credit for WDC success thanks to his AA. If the show does not include these things then it can't be called historical, this is called sugar coating, and that's what the D would call "fake show..... sad!"
Not the actual destruction of property, but the rant the senile Twitler in Chief would give post mortem.
I wonder if his AA will be holding a phone and have it tweet while Washington and Lincoln are giving their speech? That would be pretty realistic.;)

When do we get to silence these voices that clearly aren't contributing in any way outside of trying to ruffle feathers and make their opinions of POTUS known?
-----

There should be additional security and discretion signage outside of the theater. Gotta love that this will probably be the first Disney attraction to have a "don't be a dick" sign outside the door.

It's because people act like children and can't control themselves moreso now than ever. @Joel already mentioned he was going to boo as long as it didn't ban him. Boo... an AA. To hell with the other people there who are trying to enjoy the attraction. And he's certainly not alone in that feeling (as can be seen by previous attendees who selfishly booed or cheered past presidents).
If Hitler were in a historical attraction I wouldn't vandalize it in any way, shape or form. The fact people feel that they actually need to express their emotions in a public setting that doesn't warrant or desire their opinion- just epitomizes the narcissism of our society today.
Then again, so does posting in forums in many cases :D

Huh? I’m lost.

The whole sugar coating technique used, just gets to me. As if everything was foreseen by the company. HoP was scheduled to open on time (it always has) but by April-ish they started saying due to the level of new refurbishment they would open on Fall Season, now it's before Christmas due to stage infrastructure? Sorry but if a theme park can build a whole land within 2 yrs, I doubt a stage would take half of that time to rebuild. They just want to make it sound like everything was calculated and coincidental. Bottom line is HoP made history and I pretty sure this would be the 1st and last time this would happened in HoP history. If Disney truly wanted to open this on time, they could have, they were just experiencing some technical difficulties with POTUS, causing an extended delayed in your HoP experience.

The whole sugar coating technique used, just gets to me. As if everything was foreseen by the company. HoP was scheduled to open on time (it always has) but by April-ish they started saying due to the level of new refurbishment they would open on Fall Season, now it's before Christmas due to stage infrastructure? Sorry but if a theme park can build a whole land within 2 yrs, I doubt a stage would take half of that time to rebuild. They just want to make it sound like everything was calculated and coincidental. Bottom line is HoP made history and I pretty sure this would be the 1st and last time this would happened in HoP history. If Disney truly wanted to open this on time, they could have, they were just experiencing some technical difficulties with POTUS, causing an extended delayed in your HoP experience.

Ok.... but stage issues and no recording of the script ARE issues. Hand wave them all you want but that’s the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.