Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd heard the Beijing JW ride had been changed into a Spiderman/Transformers ride system clone. Hope that's not the case, but if it is, hopefully the 3rd gate gets the gyrosphere ride.

Yeah, both please. If they got rid of original Jurassic Park for more Harry Potter, that'd be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. That land is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear Universal.
But they’re not getting rid of it. It would be moving. It’s still in Universal parks. The bigger question becomes, “Do they add to Skull Island?”

I don't believe much Potter, just maybe the great hall, would be added.
So still rip apart river journey and have plenty of leftover space to expand on KONG or something? That could lessen the blow for me. Especially if the new JW section has more than static Dino statues around a walkway for theming.

I'm all for a fully realized Potter-level JW in Gate 3. IOA's JP is kind of lame, IMO. An outdated exhibit space, a whole lot of generic carnival games, and a single decent water ride. But if the Gyrosphere attraction is half of what's rumored, I wouldn't care about JPRA leaving too much anyway.

What I could see happening is a Great Hall dining spot right behind Hogwarts, but everything else becoming an extension of Skull Island. "The Lost World" or "Monster Island" being possible themes, bringing in IPs like Godzilla or Pacific Rim.

JP goes away for a great hall restaurant and LOTR with a JW land in park 3.

If you'd have posted that a month or two ago, you'd have been told no way, that's not happening.

Oh wait....

I'd be fine with them moving Jurassic Park/World to the 3rd Gate, especially since they already got rid of one of the arches. BUT they better not replace it with more Potter or that'd be it for me. More Potter in USF taking over Fear Factor Live and more Potter taking over Jurassic Park? Just call it Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando...:ack:

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I'd be fine with them moving Jurassic Park/World to the 3rd Gate, especially since they already got rid of one of the arches. BUT they better not replace it with more Potter or that'd be it for me. More Potter in USF taking over Fear Factor Live and more Potter taking over Jurassic Park? Just call it Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando...:ack:

People already refer to the UO as Harry Potter World.

If they are gonna remove JP they might as well go all the way with potter. Add the quidditch pitch, Great Hall, and some other experiences as well. That would have to be it though.

I too would prefer JP remain intact or be replaced with Kong or something else, in lieu of a plussed experience in the 3rd Gate... But, lets be real here, to have "The complete" Harry-Potter Experience is probably the flat out best thing they can do with IOA and the Studios, and they've set it up nicely to achieve that goal.

Jurassic Park the land is actually quite large and if (IF) it were to be removed from IOA you could split it up into a several new lands. Or tack on a Great Hall dining room to Potter and add 1 to 2 new Islands too.

Heck, the way it is now you could close a food cart, Coke Watering Hole bar, and maybe Pizza Predatoria, and re-route the pathway to have enough room to add a Great Hall dining restaurant behind Forbidden Journey without losing any attractions because of all the wasted/disused space in JP.

Reactions: JMalez
I'd hate to see River Adventure go, such a great ride just in need of some love. However, if they do simply move JP/JW to the 3rd gate, I think a retheme of River Adventure to Kong in an expanded Skull Island would be amazing. Could still have Dino animatronics, another amazing Kong animatronic, and retheme the indoor building portion to a cave...

Time will tell, but I'd still prefer a revamp of River Adventure with new animatronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.