Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Coach opened yesterday in Town Center. It replaced Vince Camuto, which closed all stores nationwide.

The Edison is throwing a Grand Opening party on NYE.

I believe The Edison will be open until 2am everyday.

That may be the intent, but with every other business in DS closing at midnight (if not 11), I don't see that lasting long. Not enough fanbois to justify keeping it open late. Remember, STK was supposed to turn into a late-night club, and Splitsville still promotes "Dancing" on its signage, despite the dance floor being re-purposed mere months into its opening. Expectations v. reality are often wildly out-of-line when it comes to the Springs.

Harley-Davidson will be moving into it's third different location since they've had a location at DS starting in 2005. They will be moving from the West Side to Town Center, next to Volcom.

Harley-Davidson will be moving into it's third different location since they've had a location at DS starting in 2005. They will be moving from the West Side to Town Center, next to Volcom.
They were a big tenant on the West Side. I’m pretty sure the rest of the stores in that West Side strip mall area are all owned + operated by Disney.

It’s really easy for Disney to bulldoze that part of DS now...

They were a big tenant on the West Side. I’m pretty sure the rest of the stores in that West Side strip mall area are all owned + operated by Disney.

It’s really easy for Disney to bulldoze that part of DS now...
I would actually like to see that happen (and don't think it's that unlikely). It's just so 90's... with NBA getting built and Jaleo at the end, this is the time to refresh the West Side.

I would actually like to see that happen (and don't think it's that unlikely). It's just so 90's... with NBA getting built and Jaleo at the end, this is the time to refresh the West Side.
It’s just a row of small shops surrounding the theater, what could they do that would be significantly different than what they have now?

It’s just a row of small shops surrounding the theater, what could they do that would be significantly different than what they have now?
At the very least, theme it like the rest of DS. I was just there a month ago and the transition from the West Side to the rest of DS is pretty jarring.

I wanted to spend time in DS. I really didn't want to spend time in the West Side.

At the very least, theme it like the rest of DS. I was just there a month ago and the transition from the West Side to the rest of DS is pretty jarring.

I wanted to spend time in DS. I really didn't want to spend time in the West Side.
Yeah, the West Side is rather unpleasant from an aesthetic standpoint.

It's lucky that it has AMC, Splitsville, House of Blues, and Cirque as entertainment options that will be popular no matter what. Of course Cirque is closing at the end of the month, but it will be coming back with a new show.

ALSO: The Edison pre-opening tour pics: The Edison pre-opening tour - Photo 1 of 18

Last edited:
Walls are down with rollaway shrubbery now in place at all of the new locations... i'd be a little surprised if these don't open before Christmas.

I honestly don't know if this place is good or not, but ew. Never been a fan of Red Oven. Blaze has always been my go to for quick serve pizza.
I have yet to try Blaze, but Red Oven seemed to be very 'fresh' to me...I don't particularly like pizza that I have to tip over and let the grease drip off though haha