Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ready Player One

May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
Speilberg is back with a film based on the hit novel Ready Player One.

9oxxl9kqkk9z.jpg

First trailer to drop next week.

I also love how they put from Cinematic Game Changer Steven Spielberg. That he is.

He will probably be a Players Avatar, especially as you also see Freddy Kruger and the BTTF Delorean too.

From what I can look at, this is going to be the Rodger Rabbit of our era, in the way it brings so many different characters from so many forms of pop culture, as opposed to Rodger's pure animation roots.

• The Iron Giant
  • Gundam
  • Tracer from Blizzard's Overwatch
  • Chun-Li from Street Fighter
  • Duke Nukem
  • Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
  • The Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Deathstroke from DC Entertainment
  • King Kong
  • The Delorean from BTTF
  • Knight Rider
  • Shotaro's Motorcycle from Akira
  • Freddy Krueger
  • Chucky

Last edited:
After seeing the trailers, I'm not excited for this one.

I will be upfront I have read the book, but felt it was on the overrated side. Yeah, the deluge of 80's pop culture references are nice, but I wanted something a bit more beyond that and unfortunately there's nada.

With that said, this is something that can make for a visually awesome film...however the trailers make this look bland as all heck. I want bright, vibrant 80's insanity, but we're getting muted grey film #365 and counting. Rather dissapointing considering when just this year we've gotten eye-candy such as GOTG vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok and Coco.