Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hello Kitty Expansion Rumors

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
*mod edit*
New thread to discuss rumors of Hello Kitty expansion at UOR.

character_banner_hellokitty.png

Last edited by a moderator:

@SeventyOne beat you too it.

That, however..raises some thoughts.

If that is what replaces Simpsons, then in a way; that gives Universal a large market to a different crowd than what comes to the parks, young girls. And it's an already existing market in Orlando, with it being tested already in USF at it's own store, AND what is coming to Hollywood in the Animation Studio Store.

It may be a nice balance, and with that coupled with Nintendo, it may give a large portion of the park some levity for families of all-kinds.

Last edited:
@SeventyOne beat you too it.

That, however..raises some thoughts.

If that is what replaces Simpsons, then in a way; that gives Universal a large market to a different crowd than what comes to the parks, young girls. And it's an already existing market in Orlando, with it being tested already in USF at it's own store, AND what is coming to Hollywood in the Animation Studio Store.

It may be a nice balance, and with that coupled with Nintendo, it may give a large portion of the park some levity for families of all-kinds.

It also ties in some other news that came out over the weekend. Universal signed a deal with Chinese company Ali Baba and part of the goal of the deal is to increase travel packages from China to the US parks. No better way to do that than using Hello Kitty which is popular in the Middle Kingdom.

It also ties in some other news that came out over the weekend. Universal signed a deal with Chinese company Ali Baba and part of the goal of the deal is to increase travel packages from China to the US parks. No better way to do that than using Hello Kitty which is popular in the Middle Kingdom.

Then that would also make me think that Beijing is going to get Hello Kitty on a larger scale.

I am interested, if Hello Kitty/Sanrio is replacing Springfield in Orlando, that could create a balance between both Nintendo marketing while to families, it's main audience will be to boys/men. Adding Hello Kitty/Sanrio could do the same, but on the opposite spectrum.

Not to say both can't have crossover, but it would be interesting regardless.

Then that would also make me think that Beijing is going to get Hello Kitty on a larger scale.

I am interested, if Hello Kitty/Sanrio is replacing Springfield in Orlando, that could create a balance between both Nintendo marketing while to families, it's main audience will be to boys/men. Adding Hello Kitty/Sanrio could do the same, but on the opposite spectrum.

Not to say both can't have crossover, but it would be interesting regardless.

I think they will also increase Daniel's (Hello Kitty's male counterpart), KeroKeroKeroppi, Bad Batz Maru, and Tuxedosam's presence in any Hello Kitty land/area to mitigate that just for girl perception that comes with Hello Kitty.

To also say something, could it be more as a result of Universal wanting to take action to get as much in the parks out by WDW's 50th to compete?

It would make sense, and especially since D23, we have gotten a lot of rumors and a lot of things occuring all at once in reaction to that showcase.

I think everyone's getting way too ahead of themselves here. If Disney buying Marvel didn't spell the end for Marvel Superhero Island, Disney buying Fox certainly won't be the end of Simpsons.

I can't see that happening until near the end of the Simpson's contract. They just make too much money on Springfield food, bev and merch to make a move at this time.

They also have the great PR from it. Any time I see a photo on Facebook or Instagram from Universal and it’s not Potter, it’s a giant Simpsons donut or a beer next to Barney in Moe’s.