Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t understand dewatering. One would think that the minute they stop dewatering, the water would seep back in.
I would too, never built in Florida other than dig out some stumps but when I dig a post hole I get down about 2 feet and it starts filling with water. I can't imaging them moving enough to stop that but I guess it works.

I don’t understand dewatering. One would think that the minute they stop dewatering, the water would seep back in.

I would too, never built in Florida other than dig out some stumps but when I dig a post hole I get down about 2 feet and it starts filling with water. I can't imaging them moving enough to stop that but I guess it works.

Totally works. They are essentially just lowering the water table. Not sure how they keep from water seeping back in after dewatering. I can find out once im back at work Monday if you really want to know :lol:

62299809-b9dc-4638-a6a9-281d2cf5b7da-jpeg.247542

Looks like Universal is bringing in the big guns to help boost attendance
The image in your post doesn’t show.

I can find out once im back at work Monday if you really want to know

I do! My assumption is that is only temporary while they do their thing. Perhaps after all is said and done, buildings and roadways go back to floating on water, as is the case in much of Florida.

Bact to VB, Bio is really into long telephoto shots lately, forcing layer upon layer onto the same plane.

Last edited:
Could there also be a F&F tie in advert? F8 took 1st $393m China. 2nd $226 US. 6th Japan. 10th SKorea (realise he is South Korean)

Could there also be a F&F tie in advert? F8 took 1st $393m China. 2nd $226 US. 6th Japan. 10th SKorea (realise he is South Korean)

They did try to do something with Fallon, having him be recorded with the tight pants bit at areas like Transformers, Simpsons, and even Potter.

That said, to put this into perspective. Jordan actually contributed to the Destiny 2 commercial, which got RAVE responses for it's humor and tone. If he's doing a commercial on that level for Universal on Super Bowl to hype up Universal Orlando Resort (or Fast and Furious), we will have a fantastic commercial.

EDIT: Case in Point.

Reactions: Andysol and Coasted
I do! My assumption is that is only temporary while they do their thing. Perhaps after all is said and done, buildings and roadways go back to floating on water, as is the case in much of Florida.

Bact to VB, Bio is really into long telephoto shots lately, forcing layer upon layer onto the same plane.

Got some info for you @Teebin

From what I found out is they will run the dewatering pumps the entire time while working below ground, water will seep back in pretty much as soon as they stop pumping so if they laid pipe one day and came back then next, the pipe would be under water without the pumps on.

For smaller jobs they will run well points down to vacuum up the water, once the water table is below where they need to be they can get to work and lay the pipe (or whatever else they are doing) then backfill/compact/density test, once they clear then they will stop the pumps finish back filling and compacting as needed and then done.

For larger jobs they will run sock pipe (perforated pipe with cloth over it to prevent debris from entering the line) below ground throughout the job site and connect those to the pumps and run the entire time. Those pipes generally stay in the ground and abandon.

There's no construction or any markings going on at the expansion pad.

Fearless river has basically been reduced to a regular lazy river.

New maps and directional signage everywhere to help guests.

TapuTapu have a new wrist band that make it stay on better

Reactions: Coasted