Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I only know Tim from standing behind him and Jen to meet a raptor once. Pleasentries exchanged by my cycling cast of quirky female cohort.

Much better than standing behind Ricky from ITM. Did that at HM during a blogger event for the new queue interactive items and omg... still can’t stand that muppet for his me-first push and shove, have to get the shot screw you people, ways.

So, Tim and Jen’s a 10/10, would wait behind again.

I saw Ricky at IAAPA and I found it so funny to see him ignored. Also, he had to come in on a guest badge?

I went to Volcano Bay before IAAPA and I had a great time. Represented Canada too since I wore my Proslide t-shirt at the park.

Reactions: JoeCamel
So yeah, Volcano Bay has not had a busy Thanksgiving break at all. The park peaked at 400 guests yesterday. It hasn't passed 1,000 all week to my knowledge... not great.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It has been chilly and it's technically off-season. I'm not saying it means anything bad, I'm just surprised that the park’s not busier considering it's still technically new.

Reactions: Coasted
It has been chilly and it's technically off-season. I'm not saying it means anything bad, I'm just surprised that the park’s not busier considering it's still technically new.
Being a tourist from the northeast there's no way I would go to any water park with the temperatures where they've been this week, heated pools regardless. I've noticed the IOA water rides have been walk ons for the most part this week also. This kind of brings to the forefront of why VB shouldn't really be considered a third theme park, no matter what Universal says. Chilly weather just about negates it's usefullness. :)

Yeah, it's as low as 50's and 60's in the mornings, but then warms up to 70s in the afternoon. It'd be an ideal time to visit the park if you can stand it.

Reactions: Coasted
So yeah, Volcano Bay has not had a busy Thanksgiving break at all. The park peaked at 400 guests yesterday. It hasn't passed 1,000 all week to my knowledge... not great.

Hi. Please out of interest approx what number of guests is a capacity crowd day - to get a sense of from lowest 400 to highest ...?

Just to put some perspective, Wet ‘n Wild was 11th most-visited waterpark in the world in its final year of operation with 1.3 Million guests, or an average of 3,561 per day. During the winter months it would have been nowhere close to that.

While you're at it, do you know the actual capacity of IOA & the Studio's park. We've gotten estimates in the past but they're all over the map.
I'm not sure about that, I'd have to check some time.

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not any form of insider or anything. A friend of mine is a TM at Volcano Bay and was talking to me about how dead the park has been the last week. :lol:

I'm not sure about that, I'd have to check some time.

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not any form of insider or anything. A friend of mine is a TM at Volcano Bay and was talking to me about how dead the park has been the last week. :lol:
Thanks for the VB info. There was a lot of speculation on both the opening and the adjusted capacity numbers during the summer but no one seemed to have actual figures.

While you're at it, do you know the actual capacity of IOA & the Studio's park. We've gotten estimates in the past but they're all over the map.

I’ve been under the impression that they are all over the place because they literally are all over the place.

It always seems to depend on how many they’re prepared for in light of projections; shops and restaurants staffing at etc. Of course there must be a fire regulation capacity and I’m not sure if anyone knows exactly what that limit is.

I predict that they were far and away over capacity at IOA in June 2010. ;)

I’ve been under the impression that they are all over the place because they literally are all over the place.

It always seems to depend on how many they’re prepared for in light of projections; shops and restaurants staffing at etc. Of course there must be a fire regulation capacity and I’m not sure if anyone knows exactly what that limit is.

I predict that they were far and away over capacity at IOA in June 2010. ;)
Just a wee bit over. ;):lol:....Actually I should have clarified. I was referring to IOA & Studios maximum park capacity that would exist during peak periods when everything that can be open actually operates. As an example, I would guess IOA temporarily lost apx. 2,000 park capacity when Dragons was torn down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quint
When do the national ad campaigns begin? Is that in early January?

Regarding VBs lower attendance recently, the temperatures are set to rise back into the 80s in just a few days, so I would expect things to bump back up.