Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I saw him at Aquatica, but was too scared to go up and talk to him. Didn't want to come off as some weirdo fan so I left him alone. I did run into Brian and Hate to Fly from this site at Volcano Bay one day and I did go up and speak, they were both really nice dudes.

I saw him at Aquatica, but was too scared to go up and talk to him. Didn't want to come off as some weirdo fan so I left him alone. I did run into Brian and Hate to Fly from this site at Volcano Bay one day and I did go up and speak, they were both really nice dudes.
I think he is used to "weirdo fans" he kinda cultivates them.
Bri-man and Andy get even nicer if you buy them a drink......;)

I only know Tim from standing behind him and Jen to meet a raptor once. Pleasentries exchanged by my cycling cast of quirky female cohort.

Much better than standing behind Ricky from ITM. Did that at HM during a blogger event for the new queue interactive items and omg... still can’t stand that muppet for his me-first push and shove, have to get the shot screw you people, ways.

So, Tim and Jen’s a 10/10, would wait behind again.

Last edited:
I only know Tim from standing behind him and Jen to meet a raptor once. Pleasentries exchanged by my cycling cast of quirky female cohort.

Much better than standing behind Ricky from ITM. Did that are HM during a blogger event for the new queue interactive items and omg... still can’t stand that muppet for his me-first push and shove, have to get the shot screw you people, ways.

So, Tim and Jen’s a 10/10, would wait behind again.

This has the potential to be its own rather entertaining thread... “Which blogger do you want to wait behind the most and the least?”

Thinking about it some more... probably a bad idea.

Oddly enough, despite yesterday being the first day of Thanksgiving break for Orange County... Volcano Bay was completely dead. As in, the highest number of guests the park reached all day was 900. By 6:00pm, an hour before close, it was at less than 500. It was on and off rainy yesterday, so I doubt it means anything, but it was still weird.

Oddly enough, despite yesterday being the first day of Thanksgiving break for Orange County... Volcano Bay was completely dead. As in, the highest number of guests the park reached all day was 900. By 6:00pm, an hour before close, it was at less than 500. It was on and off rainy yesterday, so I doubt it means anything, but it was still weird.
Water rides at IOA had short stand by ride times too (according to TP app). Probably was the weather.

I really wanted us to go on this day as my daughter loves VB, the forecast I saw called for thunderstorms and she was excited to go to VB again, so we went the day before, didn’t spend too much time there, but it was cool to get there for 11 to 3 or so...only tap I recall making was 30 minutes for the coaster...still such a fun and beautiful park!

Probably VB late May when I next visit Universal. I've never been one to be in a hurry for new stuff. I'd rather wait till lines go down & the kinks are out.... Might not make it to Pandora for a couple of years since it doesn't look like ride times are going down for a long while.

As you may remember- I went pre-hurricane and it was dead and my favorite park day in many years. Although I’ll never get to recreate those crowds outside of maybe mid January and insane cold.

I’m there in 3 weeks and have it on my AP- so I might head there for a couple hours. But I’m only there for 2 days before 6 days at disney. So we’ll see.

It’s my first Disney trip since last May outside of the occasional DVC party (been to 3 of those- 2 DAK and 1 TL) and one park-hopper hurricane day in between. While I’m on it- VB > TL easily for me.

From the top of Taniwha Tubes and Maku Puihi you can see some pieces of Mammoth slide sitting in the back area where that new office building is. That slide piece is MASSIVE. They've also started laying down some construction markers.
I asked bio to get a pic of the slide pieces, looks like leftovers to me but what do I know?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting to see waterslide sections in storage in the Volcano Bay expansion site. <br><br>2nd photo is Nov 4, and some of the site trailers have been disassembled since then. <a href="bioreconstruct on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/rU4sy6mnuF</a></p>&mdash; bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) <a href="">November 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

... I’ll never get to recreate those crowds outside of maybe mid January and insane cold ...
Early Feb UK half term for me. Hoping is low crowds due to cold temperature, but not too cold! FF possibility is a pleasant bonus. Would recently announced Mardi Gras timing and F&F softs increase local crowds?

I asked bio to get a pic of the slide pieces, looks like leftovers to me but what do I know?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting to see waterslide sections in storage in the Volcano Bay expansion site. <br><br>2nd photo is Nov 4, and some of the site trailers have been disassembled since then. <a href="bioreconstruct on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/rU4sy6mnuF</a></p>&mdash; bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) <a href="">November 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They would not be storing slide pieces for the expansion on site. There's too much work to be done there and they'd just be in the way. Too high a risk of a backhoe or something backing into them. Those are probably spares or replacements for damaged pieces that never got used.