Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve been playing RCT:Classic on iPad for months. It’s just a recreation of 1&2 but I’ve missed the game and it satisfies an itch.
Not to throw the topic off, but RCT original is on Steam now...I tried to get the CD to work with Windows 8 & 10, it doesn't like it...Steam works just fine thought

I hate to say it, but I like it more than Planet Coaster tbh...At least in RCT you didn't have to spend hours deciding what color and decals you wanted on the trash cans around the park

Reactions: Alicia
Anyone able to see wait times for Volcano Bay today? Have a free ticket and thought I might go this evening to see the Volcano and other lights and such.

Also - since I want to upgrade to a new iPhone soon and not spend a ton on a waterproof case - any experience with the basic waterproof pouches for taking photos?

Reactions: Coasted
Anyone able to see wait times for Volcano Bay today? Have a free ticket and thought I might go this evening to see the Volcano and other lights and such.

Also - since I want to upgrade to a new iPhone soon and not spend a ton on a waterproof case - any experience with the basic waterproof pouches for taking photos?
I have used one of the cheaper amazon pouches which has worked for waterparks. They are a bit too large though. I ended up using a wasteband with a zipper pouch along with a waterproof case at volcano bay.

Ok, I've got my slytherin satchel bag, my slytherin beach towel, my slytherin swim trunks... slytherin ID holder lanyard...

Rash guard and hope it stays rainy/cloudy/overcast and cold....

Am I forgetting anything?

Reactions: Joel

Yep, they suck with iPhone cameras and add an unnecessary glare. make sure to get one that doesn't reflect light as much and should work fine.

Ok, I'm ready for some fun at the beach!

Madrone_UV_Hats.jpg

Ok, heading out of the park now. I got a decent amount done. Longest wait was like 6 people in front of me at OhNo.

Took pics and video, will post some when I get home.

Had you been before? Good news about the lines- I’m considering hitting it up again in December for the hell of it

Reactions: Coasted
Ok, heading out of the park now. I got a decent amount done. Longest wait was like 6 people in front of me at OhNo.

Took pics and video, will post some when I get home.
How was the water temperature? I was wanting to go now that crowds died down but am slightly concerned after the cold front the other week... I don't do well with cold water lol

Reactions: Ashhanbre
They have heaters

With that, I was expecting warm water - like many heated pools in FL. It was just typical pool temp. I’d say it was the definition of tepid.

And since I passed out after uploading my vids to YouTube, I cane safely say the audio quality through the cheap pouch phone cover was good because the copyright system found the songs played on both rivers.

As to deadness of the park - you can see in the one video that a TM comes and finds me as I'm bobbing along in the river to tell me Ika Mona has reopened. It's slow enough that the TM remembered me, and then was able to find me in the river.

Other note - fell down twice. Once on the boardwalk over the wave pool and another time getting out of the lazy river at the end of the night. No drinks involved. Just really slippery surfaces. For the lazy river, I tripped on the steps so no big deal, but the boardwalk was flat and just super slippery.

A few things went down for water quality issues. Honu/Ika Mona and at one point the wave pool.

The volcano never did a show or anything. It changed from blue/green to blue/purple but that's about it.

Nearly none of the food places were open. People had rented cabanas, but I just found a nice little lounge chair to set up shop - no locker rental for me. Water in my Lorax water bottle from the Coke Freestyle machines and this was a no-pennies-spent few hours in the park for me.

Lost my tapu-tapu in one of the rivers. Having to tap to ride anything was annoying since nothing had a wait.

Arriving, parking to Volcano Bay was listed with signs but then all the booths were closed. I got pointed the right way though to park. Once parked it was again just me all the way until I got into the park. At most I ran into another party when getting a raft, and the small wait at OhNo. On the multi-person tube slides they offered to find a spare TM to ride with me if they didnt have any sort of line to get people from.

In the 2 hours from 5-7 I did.. Fearless River, 2 of the twisty tube slides (so many steps I needed a break), one of the Punga Racers, wandered a bit in the caves and such, OhNo drop slide, more wandering, went to Ika Mona but it went down for water quality, another round of the Fearless River and the Lazy River, and then I think I called it a night.

I'm not a droppy slide person, so I just wish they had more body slides that weren't trap door slides. A few of the rafts slides I figured I'd wait to do once I had other people to ride with.

I've got a pic, but the Punga Racer stairs look rough-rough.

345963A2-1402-4532-9A26-CD8387C891B4.jpeg

You can see and hear the roads all around the park. There's no sense of being secluded outside of Orlando in any sort of "another world" sort of way.

It wasnt a bad experience at all, but I wasn't blown away. Nighttime lighting really wasnt much of anything for the park - surprising considering it's advertised initially as a nighttime park option.

Last edited:
I would imagine when the park is dead like that you would hear more of the street noise, as the general noise of people would drown a lot of that out.

I can't believe the park has only been open for one season and the stairs are already in that much disarray.

I went to wet and wild at night once, when the park was super dead. It's kind of eerie to be completely honest.

@epcyclopedia's video of the regular lazy river looks absolutely idyllic and as much as people want to criticize things -- the music, the lighting and everything there is authentic Polynesian. The cave is um... umm... nice sound design?

The Te-Wa river however leaves a lot to be desired looks-wise. Those high walls, I'm sorry, they look cheap.

VB seems nice but operationally sounds like still a bit of a mess. Any news on expansion or is that just completely in the dust at the moment?