Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember reading somewhere that it has a series of trap doors built in just in case.

That's better, but even still. I can see guests trying to jump up over the next loop rather than waiting for them to get lifts in place to get you out. It's not like a roller coaster where you are strapped in.

That's better, but even still. I can see guests trying to jump up over the next loop rather than waiting for them to get lifts in place to get you out. It's not like a roller coaster where you are strapped in.
Even if they did it would probably just roll them back. 3 minutes though?> That a long long ride for a water ride

Some really great aerials of UOR by bioreconstruct, I'd recommend everybody give them a good look but here are the ones on topic.

The one where they have apparently seeded the expansion pad for grass is somewhat telling. That means work isn't imminent.

Reactions: Joel
Are they heating the water for this cold front?

Yeah. I was there last night and going again today. All the pools I went into were heated. Even that cold Wave pool wasn't as bad as Saturday. Right now seems like a good time to go BTW. There were 0 wait times on all the rides last night and Im suspecting today will be slow also. I was like a kid in a Candy Store riding them all.

And the cool weather wasn't as bad as I thought. There are a lot of buildings and things that obstruct the cool wind. Even the very top of the volcano isn't bad since its enclosed.

Reactions: Coasted
Volcano Bay is not a flop at least Comcast seems happy with the results so far at this year's earnings call which they say contributed greatly to the parks growth as well as Minion Park opening in Japan.

That's what I was thinking...

If that's the case, not a good move Universal.
The one where they have apparently seeded the expansion pad for grass is somewhat telling. That means work isn't imminent.

I wouldn’t take seeding to mean much. It is merely a temporary move to keep the sand from washing or blowing away. Good stewardship. New construction could still begin in two to three months.

I wouldn’t take seeding to mean much. It is merely a temporary move to keep the sand from washing or blowing away. Good stewardship. New construction could still begin in two to three months.

Yeah, beginning of the year is possible. But they wouldn't do that if they were going to break ground in the next couple weeks.

A potential good sign is that they didn't pave it. If it was going to be a year or two they'd probably pave it to use as parking.

At least here in AZ, that green stuff is used to prevent weeds. They use it in most new construction, and along the freeways before the landscaping is done. This is to keep weeds from growing where they do not want it before the real landscape is laid. It appears to be the same stuff from a distance, but AZ to FL could be different things.

Reactions: fryoj