Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

That blue carpet by the wave pool is still the same blue carpet from when you worked there- I guarantee it. :D

Ewwww nasty! I used to love dropping in the deep blue water at Shotgun Falls(don’t know what it’s called now) so I’m probably really going to like “Ohyah” and “Ohno”.

Anyone know how deep they are?

Shotgun was about 12 feet deep and I used to dive to the bottom to get people lost glasses and items lol.

Ewwww nasty! I used to love dropping in the deep blue water at Shotgun Falls(don’t know what it’s called now) so I’m probably really going to like “Ohyah” and “Ohno”.

Anyone know how deep they are?

Shotgun was about 12 feet deep and I used to dive to the bottom to get people lost glasses and items lol.
They're still called Shotgun Falls. Hydromaniac is right across from it and those are enclosed twisty slides that drop into water. Those are more like Oh Ya and Oh No.

Oh Ya and Oh No are "OK". The actual slide part is very basic and short- almost every other slide at any water park in Orlando is better. The novelty is obviously the drop at the end- it doesn't seem any different than any other slides with drops at the end- the exception being it has a pretty strong water flow (like Shotgun but not like Hydro). So it will be like Shotgun with the turns and small "surprise" factor of Hydro.

They're still called Shotgun Falls. Hydromaniac is right across from it and those are enclosed twisty slides that drop into water. Those are more like Oh Ya and Oh No.

Oh Ya and Oh No are "OK". The actual slide part is very basic and short- almost every other slide at any water park in Orlando is better. The novelty is obviously the drop at the end- it doesn't seem any different than any other slides with drops at the end- the exception being it has a pretty strong water flow (like Shotgun but not like Hydro). So it will be like Shotgun with the turns and small "surprise" factor of Hydro.

Oh yeah I forgot about them. They seem closer to Oh ya and Oh No now that I think about it.

Before I forget, at VB now, just did Kala & Nui... there was clear earth moving going on in the expansion plot from the stairs. Could mean nothing, but it could be the beginning of something too....

I'm still hoping for a Universal version of VTTCOTE. They could set the bar so high for water rides if they did this.

Whoever was saying the water is cold in the wave pool and lazy river the other day was either wrong or something changed.

I did both rivers and the wave pool today and the water was a very comfortable temperature. Nice and warm.

Something must have changed. I can vouch for whoever said it was very chilly in the wave pool when compared to the rivers, was there last week and after 5 mins in that pool I was done. Glad they've turned the boiler on.

If Universal built something like Voyage to the Center of the Earth, I'd literally ride it over and over all day long while everyone else rode the thrill rides. Especially since it lasts nearly 6 minutes!

Oh wait....nevermind. Tapu Tapu.

If Universal built something like Voyage to the Center of the Earth, I'd literally ride it over and over all day long while everyone else rode the thrill rides. Especially since it lasts nearly 6 minutes!

This is pretty much me too. First time I rode it I was like “This is the best water ride in the world!” And rode it 5 times in a row.

I’m glad they warmed up the water. I hate cold water and just being cold in general.

Whoever was saying the water is cold in the wave pool and lazy river the other day was either wrong or something changed.

I did both rivers and the wave pool today and the water was a very comfortable temperature. Nice and warm.
The slow lazy river seemed cold to me, the faster one and the wave pool were comfortable

I was dissapointed with the lack of effects in Krakatau, missed opportunity IMO

Maybe they'll add some when they finish the volcano

Both Voyage to the Center of the Earth and Lost River of the Pharoahs are awesome attractions...exactly the kind of water rides I expect from Universal and Disney...yet neither one has ever come close to building slides like those.

The size of the park, the variety of attractions, and those two rides probably make Water World Colorado my number one waterpark.

Both Voyage to the Center of the Earth and Lost River of the Pharoahs are awesome attractions...exactly the kind of water rides I expect from Universal and Disney...yet neither one has ever come close to building slides like those.

The size of the park, the variety of attractions, and those two rides probably make Water World Colorado my number one waterpark.

Wow, I just youtubed Lost River of the Pharoahs and that one is awesome too! These are the types of rides that they need.

Yeah, I never understood why Universal and Disney never got ambitious with special effects and show scenes on their water slides...It seems they go that route with everything except water slides..Wonder why, safety call perhaps?

Like for instance, seeing Vol projections on Krakatau would be awesome

Yeah, I never understood why Universal and Disney never got ambitious with special effects and show scenes on their water slides...It seems they go that route with everything except water slides..Wonder why, safety call perhaps?

Like for instance, seeing Vol projections on Krakatau would be awesome
It's pretty tough to do projections on slides that aren't that large. Where do you put the projection and how do you make it work effectively? For something like that to work, it would need to be on a larger family raft ride or something.