Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@epcyclopedia
VB seems nice but operationally sounds like still a bit of a mess. Any news on expansion or is that just completely in the dust at the moment?
From the top of Taniwha Tubes and Maku Puihi you can see some pieces of Mammoth slide sitting in the back area where that new office building is. That slide piece is MASSIVE. They've also started laying down some construction markers.

I hadn’t seen it mentioned anywhere but the weight limit on the dual drop slides is back up to 230. I know it had been put back to 200 recently but I was able to ride them today (I’m around 207 right now) and I checked the sign after and it says 230.

From the top of Taniwha Tubes and Maku Puihi you can see some pieces of Mammoth slide sitting in the back area where that new office building is. That slide piece is MASSIVE. They've also started laying down some construction markers.

That's aggressively fast haha.

They do need some more body slides, IMO. A single mammoth coaster is not the be-all, end-all cure, since it's in reality only one (albiet high-cap) attraction. A couple more rounding out would help.

Reactions: Cheezbat
That's aggressively fast haha.

They do need some more body slides, IMO. A single mammoth coaster is not the be-all, end-all cure, since it's in reality only one (albiet high-cap) attraction. A couple more rounding out would help.

I am actually curious, how feasible could it be that the Mammoth is possibly some sort of the HydroMAGNETIC Mammoth hybrid? That could be something to get people away from Aquatica, as places like Yas Waterworld & Samsung Caribbean Bay have different versions of the Mammoth that incorporates the Tornado.

I am actually curious, how feasible could it be that the Mammoth is possibly some sort of the HydroMAGNETIC Mammoth hybrid? That could be something to get people away from Aquatica, as places like Yas Waterworld & Samsung Caribbean Bay have different versions of the Mammoth that incorporates the Tornado.
Pretty sure it is a Mammoth hybrib.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The park so far has not tried to fill shared rafts to max capacity at least as I have experienced, I think they need to all though it can be a but uncomfortable.

The park so far has not tried to fill shared rafts to max capacity at least as I have experienced, I think they need to all though it can be a but uncomfortable.

I have not been since June, but it seemed dang impossible for them to attempt sharing rafts due the the weight/people mix the rafts operate under..

I forget the configuration, but they had some odd rule like 3 or 5but not four...but I also recall a seeing a family of five that could not ride as five due to weight...’til the wife started arguing with the TM while the husband nudged the littlest one off the scale...

Shared rafts - odd how everybody's feet go in centre on top of everyone else's feet!? ie five seats, ten feet, one feet holder!?

Assume they load up people that don't know each other on same rafts Awesome slides though!

I have not been since June, but it seemed dang impossible for them to attempt sharing rafts due the the weight/people mix the rafts operate under..

I forget the configuration, but they had some odd rule like 3 or 5but not four...but I also recall a seeing a family of five that could not ride as five due to weight...’til the wife started arguing with the TM while the husband nudged the littlest one off the scale...
Oh yea I totally forgot about the weight limits on larger slides.

@epcyclopedia's video of the regular lazy river looks absolutely idyllic and as much as people want to criticize things -- the music, the lighting and everything there is authentic Polynesian. The cave is um... umm... nice sound design?

The Te-Wa river however leaves a lot to be desired looks-wise. Those high walls, I'm sorry, they look cheap.

VB seems nice but operationally sounds like still a bit of a mess. Any news on expansion or is that just completely in the dust at the moment?

The last hour of the day in that lazy river is just pure amazingness. It's why I hope they stay open later in the future.

Tough to tote a camera around the park, they won't let it on the slide. @epcyclopedia managed it for a few rides but he is dedicated...

In the neck strap baggie from Wally World they didn’t ever question it - even on slides I know Tim had mentioned not being able to use a GoPro on.

I think they think an iPhone in a neck bag is less dangerous and likely to get lost - or they just don’t notice it. The Wally World cheap one is a knockoff of the one they sell for a hefty amount in the park itself.

Reactions: JoeCamel
In the neck strap baggie from Wally World they didn’t ever question it - even on slides I know Tim had mentioned not being able to use a GoPro on.

I think they think an iPhone in a neck bag is less dangerous and likely to get lost - or they just don’t notice it. The Wally World cheap one is a knockoff of the one they sell for a hefty amount in the park itself.
Tim tracker?

Reactions: Joel and Disneyhead
You know him!!?

tumblr_mfi24pT7J61rz8v4to3_500.gif

Reactions: Jon84 and maroonmol