The Nutcracker & The Four Realms | Inside Universal Forums

The Nutcracker & The Four Realms

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Disney has revealed the first teaser for the adaptation of the iconic E.T.A. Hoffman tale, The Nutcracker and The Mouse King, to be titled "Disney's The Nutcracker & The Four Realms".

Directed by Lasse Hallström, The film stars Mackenzie Foy, as she is tagged along with actors like Helen Miren, Keira Knightley, and Morgan Freeman; with the film releasing on November 2nd of next year.

What do you think? Are you intrigued to see how Disney tackles the story, or are you skeptical? Comment down below!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Interestingly, the film was shot in 70mm film, a rare event now days (although it seems to be having a minor revival after "Dunkirk", "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The Hateful Eight"). I hope we get that version in Orlando (We didn't get MOTOE but we did get the other two in 70mm). {side note: Star Wars XI is also being shot in 70mm)

Reactions: tankart150
This looks really good!

Interestingly, the film was shot in 70mm film, a rare event now days (although it seems to be having a minor revival after "Dunkirk", "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The Hateful Eight"). I hope we get that version in Orlando (We didn't get MOTOE but we did get the other two in 70mm). {side note: Star Wars XI is also being shot in 70mm)
Orient Express in 70MM was a NY/LA only thing. It'll be interesting to see if Disney expands on that further for the next Poirot film once they buy Fox.

I love the diversity.

But I really hate how all fairy tale films are going with this particular set design. Its getting really overdone.

I agree. Alice was a feast and felt very new for Disney, but now I'm having trouble distinguishing any of these Disney fantasy movies from each other. And as skillfully as Disney is able to produce these visuals, more often than not, they come across as hollow to me. I find myself feeling impressed, not invested.

I agree. Alice was a feast and felt very new for Disney, but now I'm having trouble distinguishing any of these Disney fantasy movies from each other. And as skillfully as Disney is able to produce these visuals, more often than not, they come across as hollow to me. I find myself feeling impressed, not invested.
Yeah, I agree that Disney's live-action fairy tales are all sort of blending together.

On the other hand, this has me a lot more intrigued than A Wrinkle in Time ever has. Not impressed with what i've seen for promo for that movie at all.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Yeah, I agree that Disney's live-action fairy tales are all sort of blending together.

On the other hand, this has me a lot more intrigued than A Wrinkle in Time ever has. Not impressed with what i've seen for promo for that movie at all.
A Wrinkle in Time looks like Tomorrowland 2.0. Both trailers for Wrinkle don't clearly state what the plot is and make the movie look like a hodgepodge of fantasy stuff. I think it'll be a loss for Disney.

Reactions: Nick
I love the diversity.

But I really hate how all fairy tale films are going with this particular set design. Its getting really overdone.
The dark design makes it look cheap

I can’t believe The Lion King fell victim to this crap also....

Now, only if they made an X-S Tech movie like this....

Last edited: