Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Blaze is literally about 20 steps away from this place. Idk what Disney is thinking, Blaze is gonna put this place outta business pretty quick. Was there when it opened for the first time on Friday. Line for Blaze was out the door in an extended queue at lunchtime. And there were a grand total of 9 people in this place.

Those are giant slices. I would personally be willing to try this new place.

I’ve got several Blazes / Blaze wannabees back home. I personally wouldn’t want to go to a chain place at Disney when I could try something unique. Perhaps there’s a market for people like me?

I’ve got several Blazes / Blaze wannabees back home. I personally wouldn’t want to go to a chain place at Disney when I could try something unique. Perhaps there’s a market for people like me?
People that want to overpay for pizza? I guess so. ;)

$7 for a slice of pizza. Anyone that buys one of this is stupid as hell. They are literally stealing money of out peoples pockets. The cost to make an entire pizza is around $1. I can't stand any of the new offerings at Disney Springs. Just because its built on Disney property doesn't make a bland restaurant any more special. It's a rip off!

$7 for a slice of pizza. Anyone that buys one of this is stupid as hell. They are literally stealing money of out peoples pockets. The cost to make an entire pizza is around $1. I can't stand any of the new offerings at Disney Springs. Just because its built on Disney property doesn't make a bland restaurant any more special. It's a rip off!
The slices are as big as an entire pizza over at Blaze...

The slices are as big as an entire pizza over at Blaze...

Someone needs to get a slice and pizza from each, respectively, and weigh them gram for gram. Only way to settle this (silly) debate.

Meanwhile, I'll be at one of the resorts paying $14 for roughly the same thing only called a "flatbread" because that way they don't need a chef in the kitchen.

Someone needs to get a slice and pizza from each, respectively, and weigh them gram for gram. Only way to settle this (silly) debate.

Meanwhile, I'll be at one of the resorts paying $14 for roughly the same thing only called a "flatbread" because that way they don't need a chef in the kitchen.
It is quite a silly thing to be debating.

As for comparing them, Blog Mickey posted a review/comparison today:
pizza-ponte-12232017-2.jpg

REVIEW, PHOTOS: Pizza Ponte Opens in Edison Complex, Can it Dethrone Blaze? - Blog Mickey

You know, I've been to a lot of different pizza places, and while some may be slightly better in quality/ingredients. In the end, they all taste pretty similar. I don't like paying crazy prices for pizza. It's like buying expensive bottled water.

Up here in the northeast where there are a lot of predominant Italian communities, one can experience a wide range of tastes and quality when it comes to pizza. Most of the chains can't come close to the quality of some of the neighborhood establishments. Pizza differences, taste & quality might be more indicative of the area and people than anything else. But generally cost up here is pretty similar and doesn't have much to do with the quality. There are so many locations that prices are just about the same everywhere. One might only be paying more for more expensive furnishings or location rent, but not because the pizza itself is better.

Last edited:
I don't buy form chains by the way. There are like 10 locally owned pizza places within mile from my house, that all serve good to great pizza. Why anyone would order from Pizza Hut / Dominoes / Papa John's is beyond me.

I don't buy form chains by the way. There are like 10 locally owned pizza places within mile from my house, that all serve good to great pizza. Why anyone would order from Pizza Hut / Dominoes / Papa John's is beyond me.

Because some people don’t. Surprise.

I expect to see substantial changes at this place by next summer. Blaze is too good of an option comparatively for the money.

It’s a different type of pizza. There will be people who will go here because Blaze’s line is too long. Etc. Sounds like they will adapt a little like Breadbox did. It’s still not some sort of rip off though.

It’s a different type of pizza. There will be people who will go here because Blaze’s line is too long. Etc. Sounds like they will adapt a little like Breadbox did. It’s still not some sort of rip off though.
No, it's not a rip off and yes, it's a different type of pizza.

I wasn't meaning to say they were going to have to completely re-think their business model, just that we should expect to see changes as they adapt to their location within Disney Springs and figure out what guests like most and what they don't like. Pizza Ponte and Blaze aren't exactly right next to each other, either.

Blaze isn't high quality pizza.

I can see Pizza Ponte doing decent business from people with more sophisticated palettes. Blaze is great drunk frat bro pizza.
I wouldn't call it drunken frat boy pizza, but it's certainly not incredibly high quality. Then again, they don't advertise themselves to be. They are exactly as advertised - the Subway Sandwich of fast food Pizza.

And I think pretty much EVERYTHING within The Edison complex is going to require a certain level of sophisticated taste. I certainly would eat at Pizza Ponte, but I just wonder about the general public. I think better branding is needed, personally.

I had Blaze last month and waited about twenty minutes on a Saturday night (and that was after trying to find parking :eek:). IMO it wasn't worth that wait or parking nightmare. It's certainly not a bad pizza, but the sauce was a bit lacking.