Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

One of the reasons I do like Disneyland's layout better (even though they are virtual clones inside), is that SWL will feel 100% isolated in DL. By all accounts, i'm almost positive we will be able to see parts of Galaxy's Edge from the Slinky Dog Dash coaster at DHS. It'll still be incredibly isolated from inside, but I don't think it will necessarily be the same from the outside.

One of the reasons I do like Disneyland's layout better (even though they are virtual clones inside), is that SWL will feel 100% isolated in DL. By all accounts, i'm almost positive we will be able to see parts of Galaxy's Edge from the Slinky Dog Dash coaster at DHS. It'll still be incredibly isolated from inside, but I don't think it will necessarily be the same from the outside.
Eh, it's a theme park..As long as I can see Hogwarts from Jurrassic Park I will let seeing a mountain from TSL slide

Eh, it's a theme park..As long as I can see Hogwarts from Jurrassic Park I will let seeing a mountain from TSL slide
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that Disneyland will be more of a shock to people in terms of sheer scope. You can't see SWL in DL from the outside... once you go through the tunnel there to enter the land, it will have a Diagon Alley type reveal which i'm not sure DHS can match.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that Disneyland will be more of a shock to people in terms of sheer scope. You can't see SWL in DL from the outside... once you go through the tunnel there to enter the land, it will have a Diagon Alley type reveal which i'm not sure DHS can match.

DHS has a straight and level approach that will give you a peak into the land before you enter (Not including what’s visible over the berm) but like you said DL tunnels are windy and on different levels on approach. You won’t see anything Star Wars until you’re walking into the land.

The way things are looking, I’ll be going to DL before DHS so it will be interesting to see the differences.

I am certainly for more of a "reveal" approach...Interestingly enough I just realized you can see the Diagon dragon from the Battery Park water's edge...news to me

I would venture to say that Disney Cali has better reveals all around than ours...Why that is, who knows

So you don't think you'l be able to see SWL from Big Thunder Mountain in DL?

So you don't think you'l be able to see SWL from Big Thunder Mountain in DL?
Ok, got me there. I remember riding it both last summer and this summer and peering in.

Slinky is still much closer though as the ride comes almost right up to the border of the two lands.

Ok, got me there. I remember riding it both last summer and this summer and peering in.

Slinky is still much closer though as the ride comes almost right up to the border of the two lands.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. What about the Train at DL? Are they going to have it so you can't see SWL from it?

Yeah, I get what you are saying. What about the Train at DL? Are they going to have it so you can't see SWL from it?
Tbh, i've never been on the DL train (only ride i've never done there) so I wouldn't know what the views look like from there. It was closed for refurb in both 2016 & 2017.

Tbh, i've never been on the DL train (only ride i've never done there) so I wouldn't know what the views look like from there. It was closed for refurb in both 2016 & 2017.

I did it last October and when crossing that area you can only see Rivers of America. The opposite side is mostly rock formation/wall. you might be able to see the peaks of SWL but they should be rock formation as well so it shouldn't be a problem, if there is anything else, it could be easily covered with bushes.

I did it last October and when crossing that area you can only see Rivers of America. The opposite side is mostly rock formation/wall. you might be able to see the peaks of SWL but they should be rock formation as well so it shouldn't be a problem, if there is anything else, it could be easily covered with bushes.

I was there in September and I can’t remember seeing much of anything either. When you watch a POV of the coaster, you’re a lot more encased into the mountain than I remember too.

Like you said too, anything on eye level could be easily covered by trees and I think that could maybe work with DHS too.

DHS has a straight and level approach that will give you a peak into the land before you enter (Not including what’s visible over the berm) but like you said DL tunnels are windy and on different levels on approach. You won’t see anything Star Wars until you’re walking into the land.

The way things are looking, I’ll be going to DL before DHS so it will be interesting to see the differences.
You and everyone else that has been thinking about a Disneyland trip. I think Disneyland will be hell on earth once this opens for a few years easily. I'm just hoping I win the lottery of moonlight magic.

When do we expect them to start previews for this? February 2019? March? Or later?

Honestly betting this project is going to have a Mid June opening in 2019 with the only time for preview being Late May.

Something tells me that I don't think this project will be ready for the Memorial Day weekend, so they may keep to start right when Summer begins. If they do soft openings before Memorial Day weekend though, the better; as it would help them prepare for the large crowds at actual's.