Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it's been closed for nearly 3 years and is still fully intact? Strange. Maybe they tried to sell it or find buyers but no one has come forward?

so it's been closed for nearly 3 years and is still fully intact? Strange. Maybe they tried to sell it or find buyers but no one has come forward?

It's not so strange when you take into account it costs money to demolish the coaster, and as we know BGT/SEAS isn't doing too good in the money department. I recall reading a while back that due to that, Gwazi isn't getting torn down until they're putting in it's replacement.

It's not so strange when you take into account it costs money to demolish the coaster, and as we know BGT/SEAS isn't doing too good in the money department. I recall reading a while back that due to that, Gwazi isn't getting torn down until they're putting in it's replacement.
Closed due to poor ridership, complaints and budget cuts....Can't be torn down due to budget cuts...Probably wont be replaced for a while due to budget cuts....Same goes for Rhino Rally and Tidal Wave

Makes a nice expensive haunted maze though haha

Why don’t they RMC it?

Why don’t they RMC it?

$ being the simple reason. I also think the structure is too far gone. Wooden coasters don’t seem to last in the Florida climate and building a duelling woodie is really coming back to bite them in the ass.

I would love to see an RMC overlay though as I’m not having any reason to return to Busch for the foreseeable future.

scott_walker is dead on...I would add that the ride takes up a huge chunk of land (moreso than other rides)...

I wouldn't count RMC out though...I could see the T-Rex track at Busch one day...perhaps just wishful thinking

That whole corner of the park needs a re-design though

I can see the T-Rex track coming too even just for bragging rights that it's the first RMC in Florida.

As much as everyone likes a coaster I’ve been to BGT twice and it was bouncing rain both days, and we had nothing to do. Luckily inbetween the rain on both visits we sqeezed in every major coaster once, but as we were on a scheduled day trip from Orlando we had to wait around until 7pm both days to get home....so they really need indoor options from my experience. Maybe we got unlucky. It rarely rained on any other day across our 2 recent trips.

We have literally no desire to return at this point. In fact we’d rather do a third Seaworld day then do a day at BGT.

As much as everyone likes a coaster I’ve been to BGT twice and it was bouncing rain both days, and we had nothing to do. Luckily inbetween the rain on both visits we sqeezed in every major coaster once, but as we were on a scheduled day trip from Orlando we had to wait around until 7pm both days to get home....so they really need indoor options from my experience. Maybe we got unlucky. It rarely rained on any other day across our 2 recent trips.

We have literally no desire to return at this point. In fact we’d rather do a third Seaworld day then do a day at BGT.
You're right, but you're not going to see Busch do dark rides...Their attempts at their other parks have been rather lack luster...

You're right, but you're not going to see Busch do dark rides...Their attempts at their other parks have been rather lack luster...

I don’t think they even need to be large scale...the likes of Turtle Trek at Seaworld atleast give a 20-30 minute option for when it does tank it down. I just want to know there’s something that I could do in such situations, otherwise it’s not worth the risk of a wasted day. Especially when on holiday and time is precious....different for locals no doubt.

I don’t think they even need to be large scale...the likes of Turtle Trek at Seaworld atleast give a 20-30 minute option for when it does tank it down. I just want to know there’s something that I could do in such situations, otherwise it’s not worth the risk of a wasted day. Especially when on holiday and time is precious....different for locals no doubt.
Their answer has always been shows tbh

They could also be creative and old school. Back in the day, one of my favorite attractions at BGW was a regular Scrambler. But it was inside and after it started spinning, they turned off the lights and turned on a strobe. It was fun and mildly disorienting.

It would be cheap and could run in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.