Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

I wasn't meaning to say they were going to have to completely re-think their business model, just that we should expect to see changes as they adapt to their location within Disney Springs and figure out what guests like most and what they don't like. Pizza Ponte and Blaze aren't exactly right next to each other, either.

To be honest, Springs so starved (pardon the pun) for quick-serve right now I imagine you could put them literally next to one another and they would both survive. It's a mall without a food court, not to mention the rather large office complex across the street looking for lunch every day.

It’ll be interesting to see if Edison impacts Boathouse at all. It sounds like it’s priced to be the new flagship restaurant at DS. Boathouse currently has that trophy. I would think there’s room for multiple expensive, special event iconic restaurants at DS, but who knows

It’ll be interesting to see if Edison impacts Boathouse at all. It sounds like it’s priced to be the new flagship restaurant at DS. Boathouse currently has that trophy. I would think there’s room for multiple expensive, special event iconic restaurants at DS, but who knows
It would appear as if the Edison is trying to recindle the old "Adventurer's Club" vibe..It seems that way anyway

They are two completely different concepts though. I don't think there will be much hurt to Boathouse by Edison opening.

Personally, I think Boathouse has bigger competition with Paddelfish considering the type of food they mainly serve.

It would appear as if the Edison is trying to recindle the old "Adventurer's Club" vibe..It seems that way anyway

As a regular at the latter, not at all. Much more of a RnR Beach Club vibe, mixed with the PI Jazz Club. Were it not located in the old building, I don't think anyone would draw a comparison between the two.

As a regular at the latter, not at all. Much more of a RnR Beach Club vibe, mixed with the PI Jazz Club. Were it not located in the old building, I don't think anyone would draw a comparison between the two.
They're only similar in that they're sort of the Jeff Goldblum of their respective areas - Probably the best thing where it is, eccentric, whimsical, yet underappreciated.

If there's one thing I learned from Disney Springs it's don't assume there's a roof to upscale experiences that are pleasant.

If there's one thing I learned from Disney Springs it's don't assume there's a roof to upscale experiences that are pleasant.
I think the reason for this is because people have already paid thousands of dollars in flights/park tickets/hotels/etc, if this is a once in a lifetime vacation (which for many it is), a lot of people splurge to make it as special as possible for their kids.

This is the first thing to open that's clearly not aiming at kids, but it can easily transform in the daytime to focus on families I think (and that will be where they profit). @SeventyOne already said the food and drinks were great and the place looks freakin' cool, which a lot of kids will probably enjoy.

I guess my biggest question is what kind of entertainment will they do during the day?

Maria & Enzo's has opened.

Sort of gives me Cruise Ship vibes with the large window overlooking the water:
img_4564.jpg

img_4585.jpg

PHOTOS: Maria and Enzo’s Restaurant Opens at Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Enzo's Hideaway to open soon:
img_4562.jpg

img_4552.jpg

img_4554.jpg

PHOTOS: Look Around Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar - Blog Mickey

Last edited:

Agreed, it seems like as long as it's pleasant and not too pricey, there's plenty of space for those types of upscale experiences. I honestly don't think the Boathouse is going to be impacted by something like the Edison, now STK on the other hand...another nail in the coffin.

Agreed, it seems like as long as it's pleasant and not too pricey, there's plenty of space for those types of upscale experiences. I honestly don't think the Boathouse is going to be impacted by something like the Edison, now STK on the other hand...another nail in the coffin.
Nail in the coffin or could it actually be a weird boon for business?

Right now, most people just pass by STK because it's been the only thing open in the area. Sometimes you wouldn't even notice that it's open. With The Edison and everything attached next door, there will be a lot more people stopping for food over there. What if the wait is long at Maria & Enzo's or you don't like the menu at The Edison? STK is right across the way to be a backup.

Now, it easily could be the nail in the coffin, but I could see how they could leverage all the extra business to benefit them.

Is there a menu for Enzos yet? last Summer, people were still telling me it would be a "rum bar." Obviously not much of a bar, and from what I can see from the one picture, not a notably large selection of rums. Is the menu basically the same as the main dining room?