Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon

Im surprised Disney didn't make a big deal about this, rename the ride, add a story line and an animatronic, and market it as a completely new experience.

Last edited:
I surprised Disney didn't make a big deal about this, rename the ride, add a story line and an animatronic, and market it as a completely new experience.
Based on the problems Disney had with the ride last year (it basically wasn't open all year) and from what i've heard, i'd say they sank enough money into the slide as it was. They probably just wanted to get the headache over with.

Said it before, sure I'll say it again ... best thing for MK, EPCOT et al would be an annual 3-month refurb. Water parks look like new again, gives them time to fix rides that had been permanent 101 for months.

Said it before, sure I'll say it again ... best thing for MK, EPCOT et al would be an annual 3-month refurb. Water parks look like new again, gives them time to fix rides that had been permanent 101 for months.
MK can survive with a ride or two down. The two MK rides that need it the most are Peter Pan and Space Mountain. But I get the sense that Disney isn't losing sleep over NOT doing costly refurbishments. I would love it, but it's clear that TDO could do it if they wanted. They're just being cheap.

The only ride at WDW that could really use some time off and can't find it right now in a refurb schedule is Expedition Everest. Maybe RNRC, too.

It's been my major criticism towards WDW, they are cheap and then brag every 3 months about record earnings. They want to run theme parks but don't want to pay to run it.... so they sponsor the crap out of them. At least they are doing something now (thanks UO for waking up the sleeping giant) and I am glad it's on my favorite WDW water park.

If you're saying the entire park go down, I think that'd be insanity. Could you imagine WDW w/o MK for a trip? It'd make going completely unenjoyable w/ the crowds.

If you mean every ride/restaurant/etc go down for 3 months and stagger them so as to not close the park, thatd be insane too. 3 Months every year is simply too much. Any coaster doesn't need close to that much time. A couple weeks every year would be adequate with the majority of rides with certain rides getting 3 months every couple years or so.

No if you said every ride goes down sometime throughout every year even if just for a couple weeks - I'd be on board.

If you're saying the entire park go down, I think that'd be insanity. Could you imagine WDW w/o MK for a trip? It'd make going completely unenjoyable w/ the crowds.

If you mean every ride/restaurant/etc go down for 3 months and stagger them so as to not close the park, thatd be insane too. 3 Months every year is simply too much. Any coaster doesn't need close to that much time. A couple weeks every year would be adequate with the majority of rides with certain rides getting 3 months every couple years or so.

No if you said every ride goes down sometime throughout every year even if just for a couple weeks - I'd be on board.
MK has closed BTM for multple 3+ month refurbs just in the past few years.

When Space went down for refurb in 2010, it went down for 6+ months and came back as virtually the same ride. Think of all they could've achieved if they actually put money towards it to show it love. It was probably the most pointless refurb WDW has done in recent memory. The off-board audio didn't even come until later.

MK has closed BTM for multple 3+ month refurbs just in the past few years.

When Space went down for refurb in 2010, it went down for 6+ months and came back as virtually the same ride. Think of all they could've achieved if they actually put money towards it to show it love. It was probably the most pointless refurb WDW has done in recent memory. The off-board audio didn't even come until later.

To be fair, 2010 was essentially the lowest period in recent WDW history. Their refurbs have been significantly better since. Pirates, Dinosaur, etc.

That said- SM Is my least favorite ride in WDW. Maybe Primeval Whirl. Nope. SM. Gotta be SM.

To be fair, 2010 was essentially the lowest period in recent WDW history. Their refurbs have been significantly better since. Pirates, Dinosaur, etc.

That said- SM Is my least favorite ride in WDW. Maybe Primeval Whirl. Nope. SM. Gotta be SM.
Primeval Whirl could be cool if it was enclosed and utilized black light effects/props. I would never endorse that though as throwing a building around that thing would make it all the more permanent.

Big time agree. Space Mountain totally sucks. It survives on a false reputation. Pure propaganda.

Big time agree. Space Mountain totally sucks. It survives on a false reputation. Pure propaganda.

Space Mountain, and I know I will be hated on, is the most overrated attraction in all of Orlando. It’s hype comes from the first years of operations where it was unique. If you put the exact same coaster outside, it will be compared to barnstormer/7 dwarfs.

Back to Blizzard, am I the only one that wants a water coaster(ala Krakatoa) themed to bobsleds?

Space Mountain, and I know I will be hated on, is the most overrated attraction in all of Orlando. It’s hype comes from the first years of operations where it was unique. If you put the exact same coaster outside, it will be compared to barnstormer/7 dwarfs.

Back to Blizzard, am I the only one that wants a water coaster(ala Krakatoa) themed to bobsleds?
Totally agree on Space Mountain. While the drops on ours are better than other versions, it is by far the most outdated of all versions...sad.

And on your Blizzard note...I think that's a no-brainer idea that for some reason Disney hasn't capitalized on. That park hasn't gotten jack squat in over two decades...it's absolutely ridiculous. A ride like that would cost them between $3-$8 million depending on how big they'd want to build it. That's chump change for Disney.

Totally agree on Space Mountain. While the drops on ours are better than other versions, it is by far the most outdated of all versions...sad.

And on your Blizzard note...I think that's a no-brainer idea that for some reason Disney hasn't capitalized on. That park hasn't gotten jack squat in over two decades...it's absolutely ridiculous. A ride like that would cost them between $3-$8 million depending on how big they'd want to build it. That's chump change for Disney.
Partially in their defense, Blizzard was boxed in when it was built so there's far less expansion room than what Typhoon has, but it still has some. Certainly enough for what you're talking about.

The thing is, I think Disney thinks they don't need to expand Blizzard as it's already seen as their most "Extreme" water park just by the fact that it has Summit Plummet.