Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

Pandora also cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This is a much smaller project. So I highly doubt it will be that detailed/lush.

Also on the ride/no ride debate. I do like more rides, but I think part of the appeal of the countries is that there aren't rides everywhere. It allows you to enjoy the theming/shows, eat/drink, and shop, without the pressure of getting a fast pass, or waiting in a long line. A "Carnival" type daily parade or show would be pretty popular I would imagine.

That explains this leaked concept art

d088468e54ae6e7ad53c7df176f351ef.jpg

Brazil makes sense, but I would've preferred Argentina because a Parrillada Restaurant would've been great. Give Le Cellier a run for it's money... but question, does anyone know if it will be built on Germany's train lot side or new stage/outpost side? "hoping for train side"

I asked about the Brazil Pavilion a little and @Marni1971 mentioned that in the latest version the Christ the Redeemer statue is NOT included. He also said he thought the pavilion would look "pretty".

I agree, I'm just surprised. Disney has been pretty "PC" about religion in the past. Are there any other religious depictions/writings in the park that I'm not aware of?

Well, Norway has a church in front of it...and most of the architecture in the Morocco pavilion has religious meaning.

The Hall of Presidents played Hallelujah, a religious song, at the end of it.

I had a strange dream this opened up with a miniature soccer stadium that you could bring your hotel dogs to, and have them play puppy soccer for extra fast passes.

What does it mean!!!??

Not that I don’t believe you but this incredibly against Disney’s mondus operandi. It’s just hard to comprehend 2022 Disney opening a new WS pavilion without any kind of attraction. Not sure if it’s disappointing or kind of remarkable. Maybe a little of both.
I'm not as surprised (given their overspending) as I am disappointed. We all know what TDO thinks of World Showcase: they see it as a mall that you pay $100+ to come in and spend more money on food, alcohol, shopping etc. They have been working to add ride capacity and improving the existing rides, but per Martin, they overspent on the actual design of the pavilion and thus the ride got cut.

TDO knows they will make boatloads of money just from the restaurants, shops, etc. A ride is always possible later on if Disney makes a popular movie that fits the area, but we know the history of World Showcase and additions after a pavilion opens.

Worth noting they will own the Rio movies when the FOX deal goes through, but I doubt Disney uses that. More likely they sell off Blue Sky Animation, actually.

I actually think Disney will close Blue Sky while retaining the IPs. Rio could be a possibility.
I think for it to even be something they would consider, it would have to prove to move merch and maybe even have a successful new movie/reboot.