Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not announcing something about this during COHP was a bad idea IMO. I know others think differently, but his event had nothing special about it.

Have they ever announced anything at a CoHP? I vaguely remember them announcing something for the Studio Tour, but can't recall anything else.

Not announcing something about this during COHP was a bad idea IMO. I know others think differently, but his event had nothing special about it.

I believe that's the new WB slogan, currently being added on the famous water tower. "Warner Brothers: Nothing Special About It". Nobody knows how to consistently fail to meet a low bar like good old WB.

Have they ever announced anything at a CoHP? I vaguely remember them announcing something for the Studio Tour, but can't recall anything else.
Last year they did the studio tour which was opening something new, which made so much sense for this new ride details.

With how Osaka had in the cards once of a previously thought of Forbidden Forest coaster, I'm surprised that we haven't gotten any substance of them maybe even reusing the name of that attraction.

I would think that if they would've announced it, it would've been at Opening Ceremony.

Honestly, with Supercharged and that we are still in the midst of booking season for the resort, the best course of action for the coaster (and T2Replacement) is to hold off on announcing them fully until Late August/Early September, as that would be a time that I would think make sense.

I’ve had a few searches for possible names. They may have trademarked Forbidden Forest for Japan but different countries have different rules for trademarks and none of the current trademarks for that name apply to theme park applications.

I think we’ll be waiting a few more months yet. I’d put my money on an announcement after the F&F marketing has died down.

I'm not happy with the lack of info, this is an attraction coming next year and guest expectations need to be set.

Second, Universal shares official information with new attractions when it can't wait any longer. Diagon was officially announced with concept art when the facades for London started going up. Voodoo announced right before Voodoo signs and fixtures added. Etc. I expect this to be announced right before coaster track is delivered OR other trademarks go up.

I think they will announce after fast and furious has opened but in time to market to the summer crowd. June would be about the right timing.

I agree it'll be a while before official announcements. UO are probably worried about the 2019 Harry Potter Coaster opening cannibalizing 2018 visits. Which is essentially in line with what Joe said too.

Harry Potter is such a huge draw no one wants to miss out on. I'm skipping bringing other family who never been to UO until next year for the Potter coaster. They're huge Potter fans and I'd rather wait for them to get a fuller experience. Granted 2020 might be Ministry of Magic, but I'll cross that line when it happens lol.

Here’s why they should have announced something. People are still angry they ripped out DC, people are still angry that every ride is screen based, and people still don’t care about Fast and Furious.

They needed to say this will be an actual coaster through the Forbidden Forest(if that’s what it is) with actual show scenes. It gives people hope for less screen based attractions and gets people to shut up about losing a coaster of another one is actually coming.

If this is going to be a "family" experience, then I will say much less than 35mph. More like 15mph. Hippigriff in Hollywood gets some pretty good speed and I barely consider that a family coaster. Its an odd hybrid. Too short for the big kids and too fast for the small kids. Darn Hollywood...when will you learn?

Reactions: Magistra
If this is going to be a "family" experience, then I will say much less than 35mph. More like 15mph. Hippigriff in Hollywood gets some pretty good speed and I barely consider that a family coaster. Its an odd hybrid. Too short for the big kids and too fast for the small kids. Darn Hollywood...when will you learn?
Hmmmm

If this is going to be slower than Mummy then....yikes.

I'm not happy with the lack of info, this is an attraction coming next year and guest expectations need to be set.

Second, Universal shares official information with new attractions when it can't wait any longer. Diagon was officially announced with concept art when the facades for London started going up. Voodoo announced right before Voodoo signs and fixtures added. Etc. I expect this to be announced right before coaster track is delivered OR other trademarks go up.

I’m starting to think that Universal don’t want to put people off visiting this year when next year will be a major one.

I think Universal have the ability to stretch this out for a long time if they wanted to. I think they can keep a lot of what’s going on hidden from public view and most new info will come from aerials.

I can’t really remember the last Universal project that was this tightly guarded.

Reactions: Andysol
Here’s why they should have announced something. People are still angry they ripped out DC, people are still angry that every ride is screen based, and people still don’t care about Fast and Furious.

They needed to say this will be an actual coaster through the Forbidden Forest(if that’s what it is) with actual show scenes. It gives people hope for less screen based attractions and gets people to shut up about losing a coaster of another one is actually coming.

I think you're overestimating how many "people" are all that mad about any of this.

Yes and no. It’s pretry prevalent on the Facebook group which is a small amount, but I would think some of the GP is screened out also.

Sure, but announcing a non-screen ride isn't going to get them to come back until that ride is done. So it doesn't make any difference if they do it now or next January.

Status
Not open for further replies.