Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think much outside of Nintendo and Shrek needs to be done before getting to third park honestly. IOA needs some things yes, but it just got Kong and will have the new HP coaster. Open the new park then replace LC and upgrade Marvel.

Reactions: Mad Dog
divert-power-from-the-shields-full-speed-ahead.jpg
Intriguing.

Also, insert obligatory "Futurama ride confirmed" here.

Intriguing.

Also, insert obligatory "Futurama ride confirmed" here.
Futurama ride would be pretty great, not gonna lie. Maybe that's Disney's Star Tours replacement? :lol:
Yes, but it’s not a must before moving on to a third park.
Eh, I'd say FFL is a priority over Shrek. Shrek is at least still kind of well known and popular, I've heard it sells good merch. The attraction is completely unpopular among theme park fans but I'm sure it's not as panned among the GP. Meanwhile, FFL literally serves nobody. It's a terrible attraction based off a canceled TV series with no fanbase. IMO it needs to go sooner.

To preface this, there could also be another reason why Universal/Comcast may desire to fast track this as opposed to TL/LC/JP renovations at IOA.

To get blunt, the Orange County Convention Center draws millions upon millions of individuals for events, con's, and private matters. The way I see it, this could be Universal not only wanting to help on the Kirkman extension, but that it could act as a way for them to have foot traffic in hotels and a entertainment district, even before a park opens up. It could yield results that may be more beneficial for Universal in the short term, as they have the first park out of the bunch opening a bit later.

That's where I'm getting the vibe. Not that they want to touch on the northern parks, but that they may want to have more target audiences there before the real fun begins.

Futurama ride would be pretty great, not gonna lie. Maybe that's Disney's Star Tours replacement? :lol:

Eh, I'd say FFL is a priority over Shrek. Shrek is at least still kind of well known and popular, I've heard it sells good merch. The attraction is completely unpopular among theme park fans but I'm sure it's not as panned among the GP. Meanwhile, FFL literally serves nobody. It's a terrible attraction based off a canceled TV series with no fanbase. IMO it needs to go sooner.
While true about FFL it’s in the back of the park not hurting much. Shrek is in the prime front space across from two other screen rides.

To preface this, there could also be another reason why Universal/Comcast may desire to fast track this as opposed to TL/LC/JP renovations at IOA.

To get blunt, the Orange County Convention Center draws millions upon millions of individuals for events, con's, and private matters. The way I see it, this could be Universal not only wanting to help on the Kirkman extension, but that it could act as a way for them to have foot traffic in hotels and a entertainment district, even before a park opens up. It could yield results that may be more beneficial for Universal in the short term, as they have the first park out of the bunch opening a bit later.

That's where I'm getting the vibe. Not that they want to touch on the northern parks, but that they may want to have more target audiences there before the real fun begins.
Yeah, if they were smart, they'd get the CityWalk successor open a couple of years before the new park. Have several of the new hotels, the transportation hub (if that happens), some of the new entertainment/dining to bring people over. Heck, even open a preview center that shows guests what the new park is all about.

Reactions: Grits0808
As much as I want Gate 3 to happen asap... I feel like we need replacements for KidZone, Shrek, FFL, LC, and TL before they move forward. Luckily the first three seem to be happening... sometime.

To me, both parks need more things to do that don't require a 40+ minute wait routinely. Shows, high capacity rides, that's what I want to see. More options to just go and do something.

But Universal's approach seems to be the "virtual line" nonsense. Which doesn't solve the problem really.

To me, both parks need more things to do that don't require a 40+ minute wait routinely. Shows, high capacity rides, that's what I want to see. More options to just go and do something.

But Universal's approach seems to be the "virtual line" nonsense. Which doesn't solve the problem really.
I'd love to see Universal nail a transportation attraction or two, like the PeopleMover, Skyway, steam train, riverboat, etc. Something you can cycle on all you want, that's comfortable and relaxing, that meanders through the park, and adds kinetics to the landscape.

I'd love to see Universal nail a transportation attraction or two, like the PeopleMover, Skyway, steam train, riverboat, etc. Something you can cycle on all you want, that's comfortable and relaxing, that meanders through the park, and adds kinetics to the landscape.
You mean something like the Hogwarts Express, or Island Skipper Tours.

I think they need to leave some things to do at the Northern Parks. Once the South park opens, it is going to draw the crowds for a long while. They will need to have a few bigger things to do at the North parks to suck the crowds back up there.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think was most folks are missing is how much tax law changed for businesses in 2018.

investing in the new park is great, but that will take time. All companies had to throw their three year plans away this year because tax strategies changed.

if you can take full advantage over investments as opposed to devaluation over many years, maybe it makes more sense to build now which could be a reason why the existing gates make sense to invest in now.

I think they need to leave some things to do at the Northern Parks. Once the South park opens, it is going to draw the crowds for a long while. They will need to have a few bigger things to do at the North parks to suck the crowds back up there.

Universal know what they're doing. From IOA opening in 99 to Potter opening in 2010, Universal only added Stormforce and Flying Unicron while USF opened Woody Woodpekcer, MIB, Mummy, Shrek, Simpsons, HRRR, Disaster and Jimmy Neutron in the same period.

Luckily, the current resort has plenty of opportunity to add and replace for the next decade.

Yeah, but we will see if they deicde to be smart enough to do so.

I don't think they're going to throw away all this built up momentum. If we make a list of potential and rumoured rides coming to the current resort, there's more than plenty that could happen.

IOA:
Potter coaster (Confirmed)
Grinch ride
LC replacement
Iron Man ride
Other Marvel ride
JP Ride
JP replacement
IOA lagoon show

USF:
T2 replacement (Confirmed)
Nintendo (Confirmed)
Shrek replacement (Heavily rumoured)
Fear Factor replacement (Heavily rumoured)
ET replacement
I can't see the Simpsons making it to 2030

There's probably more rumours and then there is whatever Universal actually does that comes completely out the blue.

Reactions: Grits0808
I think was most folks are missing is how much tax law changed for businesses in 2018.

investing in the new park is great, but that will take time. All companies had to throw their three year plans away this year because tax strategies changed.

if you can take full advantage over investments as opposed to devaluation over many years, maybe it makes more sense to build now which could be a reason why the existing gates make sense to invest in now.
Yes. Plus the cheap investment money won't be there for much longer. Interest rates & inflation are going to trend upwards soon. Use the cheap money before it disappears.

Reactions: Joel
Yes. Plus the cheap investment money won't be there for much longer. Interest rates & inflation are going to trend upwards soon. Use the cheap money before it disappears.
The stock market correction will squelch inflation in the short term. There is a lot of political uncertainty right now, and people are taking their profits and stashing them.

That said, I have heard that Uni. is aggressively moving forward on the south property.

Status
Not open for further replies.