Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I guess my point being, when you are going that fast, nothing can really be themed bcz its so hard for your eyes to process

I think whoever ends up building this it's going to go the same way.

Super detailed queue->dark ride scene(s) at the beginning/end (or in the middle ala Verolten at BGW)->terrain hugging launch coaster through trees and maybe some rockwork.

My money is on Mack, I feel like the Intamin / Universal relationship could be a bit strained after Gringotts still but hey time heals all I guess.
I think whoever ends up building this it's going to go the same way.

Super detailed queue->dark ride scene(s) at the beginning/end (or in the middle ala Verolten at BGW)->terrain hugging launch coaster through trees and maybe some rockwork.
Yea guess that seems pretty realistic to happen.

Did some follow up and the bike is never featured in the Forrest. The Ford Anglia HAS. I am willing to bet the ride vehicle will be some sort of “make it super stretch” Ford Anglia.

The use of magic in Potter can literally make anything possible. Even if the bike wasn't there in the movies, it still doesn't mean it can't happen. I think attractions should be an extension of the movie worlds where anything can happen as long as it follows the rules already created.

If the ride vehicle isn't the Ford Angelia, than what even is the point of the ride?

Have a detailed queue through a cave of the forest, featuring lots of animatronic creatures. Towards the end, a projection of Hagrid explains that the car was enchanted to take guests on a tour of the forest. Board the car, brief dark ride scene going past some centaurs and Grawp, than blast for a 2 minute long coaster section, winding low to the ground, through the terrain and trees, with the occasional animatronic of a magical creature on the side. Maybe one show-scene in the middle, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad style.

Just make sure there's a looooooooooot of trees and plantlife so it feels like an actual forest, and blocks most of the bare steel coaster track from view in Hogsmeade, and we're good.

Reactions: Mike S and belloq87
I don't know, the idea of an outdoor Forbidden Forest coaster that doesn't even have the distinctive Ford Angelia or Hagrid's motorbike theme doesn't particularly interest me at all. We'll see how it goes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.