Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kong or Fallon something that gets people to spend that type of money? No. It's the collective of the rides that makes people book a trip. With all the heavy hitters that Universal will have, they need to fill out capacity with smaller ticket rides. I'm not saying this is going to be it by any means, but it's not all E-tickets, either.

Right, but those are Universal properties they didn't have to get the rights to, like I said in that post.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Right, but those are Universal properties they didn't have to get the rights to, like I said in that post.
True, nobody is saying this is going to happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility is all i'm saying. With all Comcast owns now though, it definitely is less likely, yes. Although they sort have a lot of Animation now, their Live Action catalog isn't the best.

Both Jumanji films take place in the same universe and I think it would make a great land, especially as a replacement for Lost Continent. There's definitely an ROI question here though.

The next Jumanji is bound to decrease from Welcome to the Jungle, but the drop won't be that big if the quality is still there (it can probably increase worldwide too). Word of mouth hits don't get forgotten so easily, and unlike Avatar, the sequel is coming out only two years after the last one :lol:

Eh, Jumanji could create a small Jungle area similar to what Kong does at IOA, but FNaF isn't coming as a permanent IP.

It's a super easy adaptation to a ride too. Get sucked into the game in the queue. Board Jeep ride vehicle(actually this could make a decent boat ride using Shanghai POTC tech for that matter). Drive into Jungle. Get blasted by hippos. Run away. Get chased by bad guys. Drive around some more. More bad things happen. Lose a couple lives. Drive up the mountain and save the day. Get out of the Jeep and get sucked back into reality. Go to the bazaar gift shop to buy pound cake.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
It's a super easy adaptation to a ride too. Get sucked into the game in the queue. Board Jeep ride vehicle(actually this could make a decent boat ride using Shanghai POTC tech for that matter). Drive into Jungle. Get blasted by hippos. Run away. Get chased by bad guys. Drive around some more. More bad things happen. Lose a couple lives. Drive up the mountain and save the day. Get out of the Jeep and get sucked back into reality. Go to the bazaar gift shop to buy pound cake.

So Kong and Jurassic River Adventure without Kong or the Dinos?

So Kong and Jurassic River Adventure without Kong or the Dinos?

I was thinking more like DL Indy. To run away from things, the Kong RV really wouldn't work well. But theres a lot of ways it can be done. Whether it should be done or not is another question.

Bringing this up here as opposed to the Nintendo thread, as it has seemed that things are changing to where Site B may be getting accelerated.

If Nintendo is going to be at Site B, I cant help but think that it’ll accelerate the Site B timeline a bit.

I would think that some permits or larger plans would be leaked from the county office

To be honest, I am actually now really going to be keeping my eye on permits once the Thomas case is settled, especially if Universal Creative/NBCU/Comcast is changing up it's development cycle to put most of it's hands that aren't on other UOR projects to the new property. I think there may lie some good potential to look around for what we may see.

Could it be Ferrari World that everyone was talking about before? Make it apart of CityWalk as a 'theme park' and then build a hotel with it so that you have a resort already established before the new park?

If it ain't that then I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.