Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see anything wrong with it... talk was about rides (not HHN) and on topic with resort expansion.

And while I don't agree, it isn't like we don't have a blue-sky thread already in place though for something like Gate IV/III IP's in the realm of possibility to improbability.

I would just think it'd be better off there as opposed to here, to not confuse anyone coming into the discussion.

And while I don't agree, it isn't like we don't have a blue-sky thread already in place though for something like Gate IV/III IP's in the realm of possibility to improbability.

I would just think it'd be better off there as opposed to here, to not confuse anyone coming into the discussion.
Let's let it go for now, if it turns into a problem it will be handled. I'll be monitoring the thread.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Jumanji is not "niche" it's the 5th highest grossing film of 2017 beating such "niche" properties as Fast the Furious, Thor, Despicable Me, and Spiderman. If there was anything made to appeal to the masses it's the 2017 Jumanji movie.

Reactions: UNIrd
Did we ever find out where that SFX coaster was going, or is it still on the table?

The first SFX coaster is being worked on at Ferrari World in Dubai, as it's expected to launch there sometime around march-may.

I don't rule out Dynamic being involved with something Universal or Disney in the future (as Dynamic was involved with FJ if I'm correct), but a part of me is hesitant.

Jumanji is not "niche" it's the 5th highest grossing film of 2017 beating such "niche" properties as Fast the Furious, Thor, Despicable Me, and Spiderman. If there was anything made to appeal to the masses it's the 2017 Jumanji movie.

One successful movie doesn't make it a theme park property. Without continued success and merch sales, it's not gonna happen.

I partially agree with you, but Kong for example it's a super recognizable brand with young people IMHO. The new Kong movie was a medium sized hit. I can't imagine it drives much in the way of merch. I know it being a universal property makes it more attractive to use, but if there can be a Kong/Jimmy Fallon ride I don't see why there couldn't be a Jumanji ride. It's not like it is some obscure cult like movie is all I'm saying. I'm sure they are going to try to go the franchise route with it.

As said by JS one movie being sucessful means nothing. FF has made billions with 8 movies and going, Despicable Me is a great kid property, not even going to address the Marvel properties and why those are better. It’s a niche market for a theme park compared to everything you listed. It’s a movie based off a board game based of a video game now.

I partially agree with you, but Kong for example it's a super recognizable brand with young people IMHO. The new Kong movie was a medium sized hit. I can't imagine it drives much in the way of merch. I know it being a universal property makes it more attractive to use, but if there can be a Kong/Jimmy Fallon ride I don't see why there couldn't be a Jumanji ride. It's not like it is some obscure cult like movie is all I'm saying. I'm sure they are going to try to go the franchise route with it.

I just don't see it as a property that Universal is going to go out of its way to score the rights for.

They have clearly not watched said movie in a long, long time.:lol:
The 90's were weird.

I think if the Jumanji sequel proves the franchise can sustain itself and keep audiences really loving the franchise, it's worth looking into as an IP for one of the parks.

The 90's were weird.

I think if the Jumanji sequel proves the franchise can sustain itself and keep audiences really loving the franchise, it's worth looking into as an IP for one of the parks. The movie is going to end well over $900M WW.

I guess, for me, I don't see it as something that's going to get people to spend 1000s of dollars on a vacation. If it's not going to drastically increase attendance, it's not worth getting it. If it was a Universal property, I'd think it's more likely. But is it worth shelling out for the rights to Jumanji? I'm not sure

Reactions: SeventyOne
I guess, for me, I don't see it as something that's going to get people to spend 1000s of dollars on a vacation. If it's not going to drastically increase attendance, it's not worth getting it. If it was a Universal property, I'd think it's more likely. But is it worth shelling out for the rights to Jumanji? I'm not sure
Is Kong or Fallon something that gets people to spend that type of money? No. It's the collective of the rides that makes people book a trip. With all the heavy hitters that Universal will have, they need to fill out capacity with smaller ticket rides. I'm not saying this is going to be it by any means, but it's not all E-tickets, either.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.