Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He's exactly the type of thing that is wrong with the theme park community of 2018. I'll even go as far as to say this particular person is cancerous to the Disney/Universal (he run a Universal Youtube channel too) fanbases. He has absolutely no inside info and just randomly throws crap to the wall once he hears it because he knows it'll get clicks. And he has so many really devoted followers who think HE is the one who actually knows all of this stuff.
I’ve always felt like there was two very disparate fan communities.

There’s the casual theme park fans, who get their news from Facebook and YouTube. They go to the parks occasionally and they know what’s up. They might use a TouringPlan if they visit or buy a book. They know about Star Wars and the SW hotel. They get their news faster than the general public, but slower than us. None of them are in the Magic Kingdom asking where Hogwarts is.

Then there’s the next level. Most people at IU fall here. We get the news first. We don’t necessarily need TouringPlans or park trip planning because we have a good sense of what to do. We know the rumored additions and what’s going on with the confirmed additions.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Really excited for Paris, they're finally getting that full day 2nd park. If this is planned to happen before the 2024 Olympics, i'm even more excited about what's coming to Anaheim for 2028.

Reactions: Nick
Really excited for Paris, they're finally getting that full day 2nd park. If this is planned to happen before the 2024 Olympics, i'm even more excited about what's coming to Anaheim for 2028.
Agreed on all fronts, but definitely excited for Paris the most.

I've been wanting to go to DLPR for quite some time now, but the fact that their DLP has never overly impressed me from a ride standpoint and that WDSP looks like a trainwreck of a park has kept me from going. I want to see Paris too for quite a few days as well, but Paris is always going to be there. I'd rather only spend money to go there once it seems like both parks are up to snuff, which it looks like this should certainly do. It may actually become hard to do both parks within 2 days (as a tourist) once all of this is complete.

Also, has it been mentioned that it looks like Swirling Saucers is being added to TSL?

Looks like a WoC type show for the lake.

It also looks like TSL will be getting ASS.

Agreed on all fronts, but definitely excited for Paris the most.

I've been wanting to go to DLPR for quite some time now, but the fact that their DLP has never overly impressed me from a ride standpoint and that WDSP looks like a trainwreck of a park has kept me from going. I want to see Paris too for quite a few days as well, but Paris is always going to be there. I'd rather only spend money to go there once it seems like both parks are up to snuff, which it looks like this should certainly do. It may actually become hard to do both parks within 2 days (as a tourist) once all of this is complete.

Also, has it been mentioned that it looks like Swirling Saucers is being added to TSL?

Yeah @Disneyhead mentioned it on page 1.

I agree with your sentiments about visiting this park as it’s been a bucket list thing of mine to visit all Disney and Universal parks. This new expansion/upgrade will just push any thought of going even further into the future, once all the dust settles.

I am really excited that they are going to pump 2.44 Billion (US) into this park to fully flesh it out. It has long needed an update/expansion, I just hope the bean counters don’t get their hands on to much of this project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Yeah @Disneyhead mentioned it on page 1. I agree with your sentiments about visiting this park as it’s been a bucket list thing of mine to visit all Disney and Universal parks. This new expansion/upgrade will just push any thought of going even further into the future, once all the dust settles.

I am really excited that they are going to pump 2.44 Billion (US) into this park to fully flesh it out. It has long needed an update/expansion, I just hope the bean counters don’t get their hands on to much of this project.
Agreed, this will certainly postpone any thought I had of going in the next few years as well.

I do feel like I need more details though as i'm wondering if they are getting the full SWL or not, if it's FEA or a different Frozen rides, etc. For example, if it's only Falcon and it's FEA that they are getting, capacity will be a big, big issue.

Reactions: Doug A.
An interesting (to me at least lol) question.
How many of you guys have actually visited DLP? And if so how many times and when was your last visit?

To kick it off I’ve visited it about half a dozen times, first visit was in the early 90s when I stayed for a week (way too long ) last time was last December for 3 days. The wife and daughter have girlie trips there 2-3 times a year. My next visit booked for this December

How many of you guys have actually visited DLP? And if so how many times and when was your last visit?

To kick it off I’ve visited it about half a dozen times, first visit was in the early 90s when I stayed for a week (way too long ) last time was last December for 3 days. The wife and daughter have girlie trips there 2-3 times a year. My next visit booked for this December
As someone who has been quite a bit, what would you say is your impression of the resort as a whole?

As someone who has been quite a bit, what would you say is your impression of the resort as a whole?
As a whole it’s a poor copy of WDW.
It suffers from numerous issues mostly, but not totally, due to its location. The majority of its CMs wouldn’t last 5 minutes working in WDW due to their attitude problems. It’s been badly neglected since it’s opening and hopefully the investments will continue to improve it. They’ve only used about 40% of the available space for the resort itself so there’s plenty of room to spread out into.

As a whole it’s a poor copy of WDW.
It suffers from numerous issues mostly, but not totally, due to its location. The majority of its CMs wouldn’t last 5 minutes working in WDW due to their attitude problems. It’s been badly neglected since it’s opening and hopefully the investments will continue to improve it. They’ve only used about 40% of the available space for the resort itself so there’s plenty of room to spread out into.

Have been roughly the same amount of times as you with my last trip being late this summer. We stayed on site for a week and visited all the resorts, Newport Bay Club where we stayed was stunning, the other hotels could use some love but this is coming. The Parks looked nice were well kept but lacked attractions, Disneyland Parc gets away with it to a degree because there is plenty else to see and do other than the rides, enough to fill a day anyway, Studios Parc is just lame as it stands.

The resort as a whole is nice as everything is in walking distance but as @Wolf359 suggested the CM are not a patch on their Floridian counter parts. Other guests struggle with the concept of a line too, I've been in scrums trying to get on a bus or trying to meet and greet when the daughter was younger.

As I said at the top over the years I've had several trips to DLP and have always had a good time. Sitting looking at Eddie Sottos stunning Main St out of the window of Walt's restaurant is a real treat and some of the attractions are among the best versions out there. It aint cheap and sometimes it aint pretty but on the whole, if you put WDW to the back of your mind, its worth a visit,

These over due but welcome expansions will help the resort, but lets hope they are successful so we see continued growth into the many acres they have to play with.

Last edited:
I really should visit DLP sometime as it is my closest Disney Park.
I’m going in 2020 (3 weeks in Europe with the wife and kids). Oh well.

What @UK-Trigg and @Wolf359 have mentioned is what I’m looking forward to the least. I don’t even mind rude CMs- I let it roll off my back. What drives me insane is rude guests. Guests, alone, is why TDR is my favorite resort.
Side note- going back next year to TDR in June. One year before expansions seems to be my MO, apparently.

But- when in Rome, or in this case, France- I’ll just take the “it is what it is” approach and get into the fray if needed. I’m already hearing my oldest saying “but they cut in line!” in my head.

But unlike TDR, Paris is owned by TWDC, and that the main work is beginning soon with the RNRC re-theme scheduled for 2020 in Paris.
Translation: Unlike TDR, Paris is owned by TWDC, so expect massive budget cuts. :)

The issue that grates me the most are the shows.
They advertise in the timetable which shows are in French and which are in English, but in an English show you can guarantee practically every other word is still in French.
As @UK-Trigg says the lines are a waste of time, the French don’t understand queuing at all and simply barge to the front with CMs looking on and doing nothing.

Here's how it looks now Vs the artwork.

dlp 2.jpg

walt-disney-studios-expansion-concept-art-full.jpg

The great thing is that there will still be loads of expansion space after this is complete. Unless they build the rest of the originally proposed Hotels that is. Which is why they can “waste” so much space on the lake. This area will lend itself to some awesome night-time shows.

The great thing is that there will still be loads of expansion space after this is complete. Unless they build the rest of the originally proposed Hotels that is. Which is why they can “waste” so much space on the lake. This area will lend itself to some awesome night-time shows.

They are flush for land even with the proposed hotels there was still room for park 3 and the current parks are no way land locked. I hope this is start of things to come and we see a Uni style build out of this property.

I think the lake is a master stroke, I mean, it worked all these years for Epcot and Illuminations.

I went for the first time in 2015 and am planning to go again this summer. Expansion news doesn't deter me from a visit. I'm glad I got to see DCA 1.0, HKDL, and now WDSP without all the changes.

Here's how it looks now Vs the artwork.

View attachment 6153

walt-disney-studios-expansion-concept-art-full.jpg
Looking at it this way... wow. That is going to be a major change to the feel of this park (in a good way) once all is done.

Sort of reminds me slightly of Epcot's layout in how you will either turn left for Marvel, Right for TSL/Rat/Crush/etc and then a straightaway path towards a giant lagoon with different lands surrounding it (and likely a nighttime show taking place in the lagoon).

Reactions: Mad Dog

The idea was talked about a while back on the MSHI thread about adding a Marvel hotel based on Stark Tower. This could maybe become a reality here as the Marvel land has a lot of space for expansion and if the New York hotel has a good success with the Marvel retheme, it could be a good proof of concept. Plus DLP knows about incorporating hotels in their parks.

Star Wars hotel could also be an option.

Looking at it this way... wow. That is going to be a major change to the feel of this park (in a good way) once all is done.

Sort of reminds me slightly of Epcot's layout in how you will either turn left for Marvel, Right for TSL/Rat/Crush/etc and then a straightaway path towards a giant lagoon with different lands surrounding it (and likely a nighttime show taking place in the lagoon).
Yes, I think it has a more balanced look. The lake too, will make a huge positive difference. The present layout is strange as theme parks go, especially since the entrance, and thus middle of the park (continues into an employee parking lot), has no depth. That seems very awkward.