Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, does the ride start out going the opposite of the old blue dragon... meaning where blue entered at the end we will be going out... towards the south to start.

Based on her description, the coaster would leave the station where Ice Dragon entered the building.

Reactions: Alicia
Each to their own lol

Myself, and I fact everybody we travel with, go to Orlando for thrill rides, the way universal are heading it won’t be a “thrill capital” for long.
This is hottest of takes, man.

For years, the fastest ride in Orlando was Test Track. I think it's still the top three actually. Orlando was never a "thrill capital." There are individual parks with more world-class coasters than there are in all of Central Florida.

Each to their own lol

Myself, and I fact everybody we travel with, go to Orlando for thrill rides, the way universal are heading it won’t be a “thrill capital” for long.

None, of the Orlando (And Tampa, but who's counting heyyyyyy) parks should be classified as "Thrill Capitals". If you are sincerely looking for parks bolstering on thrills, and not engaging experiences, go to Six Flags Magic Mountain or Cedar Point (and I am not dissing what those two bring, because they have a great blend of variety for thrills).

Meanwhile, I'll be here enjoying highly immersive attractions and experiences that I can't find anywhere else in the world.

I didn't mean for the "thrill capital" comment to become a flash point. I suspect @Wolf359 didn't really mean it that way.
I just wanted to say what I thought might be the place to go for thrills.

from a UK perspective then yes Orlando, and universal in particular, is marketed as a thrill capital. the uni ads always emphasise hulk, rip ride & previously dragons. when people ask me about florida its usually accompanied by a love or hate coasters comment. you need to realise that most uk folk have never heard of 6 flags, never mind visited one. its new York for shopping, vegas for gambling and florida for thrill rides.

I didn't mean for the "thrill capital" comment to become a flash point. I suspect @Wolf359 didn't really mean it that way.
I just wanted to say what I thought might be the place to go for thrills.

The issue is applying an incorrect label to something to suggest a decline.

from a UK perspective then yes Orlando, and universal in particular, is marketed as a thrill capital. the uni ads always emphasise hulk, rip ride & previously dragons. when people ask me about florida its usually accompanied by a love or hate coasters comment. you need to realise that most uk folk have never heard of 6 flags, never mind visited one. its new York for shopping, vegas for gambling and florida for thrill rides.

Ah ok, UK based. Got it.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
That makes a lot of sense, but (from the inside looking out) is just astounding to me. Especially since Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers are in your neck of the woods. I consider those places bigger thrill parks than Orlando.

Question Alicia (and I feel like I have asked this before) are we flying over the small lake at all or just around the edges? I think you told us edges but my drawing leads me to ask.
One section goes over the pond.
Wait, does the ride start out going the opposite of the old blue dragon... meaning where blue entered at the end we will be going out... towards the south to start.
Based on her description, the coaster would leave the station where Ice Dragon entered the building.
This is correct. Starts out where Ice used to end. And it will end where Fire used to end.

That makes a lot of sense, but (from the inside looking out) is just astounding to me. Especially since Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers are in your neck of the woods. I consider those places bigger thrill parks than Orlando.
Blackpool? You’re kidding right lol
There is not a single ride there that I would consider thrilling lol it’s a typical seaside amusement park with delusions of grandeur imo
Alton towers rides are mostly a poor imitation of Other parks. For instance oblivion is a smaller sheikra, air is a smaller manta. Wicker man looks interesting but the safety concerns are putting a lot of people off. Smiler is OK.
Thorpe Park is a little better, my local park has a nice woodie in Megaphobia. But none even come close to uni or seaworld, or Busch gardens.

Here is my scratchy scratch. I am sure it is terribly inaccurate, but it was fun creating it. (I went through 5 drawings to come up with this)

IjJPwKW.jpg

Universal's current marking campaign is literally emphasizing the park's thrill offerings. "Where Vacations Grow Up" I believe.
Universal has always had thrilling attractions, while Hulk and Dueling Dragons fell a bit off the radar in recent years, certainly at the time of opening they were intended as amongst the world's premier thrill attractions and were directly aimed at feeding off a market completely ignored by Disney. Obviously never a "Thrill Capital" but certainly a renown destination. Today, Universal not only has thrills but also the capital, people, and intellectual properties to go head to head (they're arguably superior in my opinion) in themed entertainment. Ultimately, it's a balancing game where everyone's needs should be weighed in creation of a wholesome amusement park. Thrill Rides + Family Attractions + Kiddie Attractions + Theming = Amazing Experiences.

Look at Volcano Bay. Universal could have made a water park full of Harry Potter dark slides with fantastic technology, story elements, and no thrill whatsoever. Instead they made a beautifully landscaped and themed environment with some of the craziest slides I've ever been on and milder slides for people of all ages and preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.