That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Disney will at least try to get Uni to allow them to use the Marvel name in the west coast.

If there's ever any contract negotiations, that's all I think Disney would be able to get.

They could make a deal for that, but Universal may ask for a big price. Honestly, I could see Disney paying that price. Imagine marketing your new marquee land without a mention of Marvel......

They could make a deal for that, but Universal may ask for a big price. Honestly, I could see Disney paying that price. Imagine marketing your new marquee land without a mention of Marvel......
Whatever Universal asks for, I would think it would be a big enough ask that Disney would have to get permission from the Board. Which means, it'll go on the public record and everyone will know about the deal.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Whatever Universal asks for, I would think it would be a big enough ask that Disney would have to get permission from the Board. Which means, it'll go on the public record and everyone will know about the deal.

I said it on Twitter, but if I'm Universal, my demands are the ability to expand MSHI and retheme it using MCU's aesthetic/actors, and that's at the very least.

I said it on Twitter, but if I'm Universal, my demands are the ability to expand MSHI and retheme it using MCU's aesthetic/actors, and that's at the very least.

That’s what I was thinking.

Either Disney gets the naming rights by providing $ that allows Uni to build something significant, or allow Uni to use the modern MCU.

That’s what I was thinking.

Either Disney gets the naming rights by providing $ that allows Uni to build something significant, or allow Uni to use the modern MCU.

Hypothetically though, wouldn't that now be a problem with characters like Guardians and Doctor Strange starting to pop up on Orlando property, and thus lead to confusion?

Hypothetically though, wouldn't that now be a problem with characters like Guardians and Doctor Strange starting to pop up on Orlando property, and thus lead to confusion?

I think you're giving gusts too much credit. Hulk and Spider-Man are already at Universal. The guests don't know it's not Ruffalo and Holland playing them there until they get there. The confusion won't change if Uni says "We want the MCU aesthetic in exchange for letting you use the Marvel name at DL."

Thats always your basis of argument and nothing further. Times are changing. I rest my case. Not going to d-rail thread haha.

That's always my basis because it's a good/great reason NOT to get rid of Marvel.

What legitimate reason would Universal have to just up and give up on a profitable part of their park? Do explain, because I'm fascinated.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm giving you permission to go on here.... :lol:
I have questions and questions and then reasons why it just seems to be more than 'Business Plan' that can be affected. But I misread the thread and only saw the last few comments. Instead of a long post in the wrong thread I'll save it for another day I assure you haha

I have questions and questions and then reasons why it just seems to be more than 'Business Plan' that can be affected. But I misread the thread and only saw the last few comments. Instead of a long post in the wrong thread I'll save it for another day I assure you haha

Well no it's in the right thread. Go on.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Thats always your basis of argument and nothing further. Times are changing. I rest my case. Not going to d-rail thread haha.

But here is!

Here's my deal, any "Universal should capitulate" comes down to the assumption that Comcast, COMCAST!, is in a weak position and Disney has the upper hand. That is not true at all. Universal has no reason to be the nice person here and let Disney do whatever they want.

I feel like I have an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand why it's unpopular:

In a perfect world, let them both build Marvel rides. Disney can build MCU rides and Universal can keep building comic book rides. Everyone wins.

I'm not saying that Universal shouldn't play hardball with the Marvel rights. But, it seems like some people actively want MSHI to be demolished so that Disney can build stuff.

Reactions: natespf