Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 482 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's some of the things from the new image labeled, from what I understand anyway. (I think this is what @AlexanderMBush was trying to do, but had CPU issues with the image.)

I didn't go into much detail since this image doesn't show much detail. (Hopefully when we get better images someday, we can see where the individual elements of SML are actually located within SNW.)

View attachment 5894

Going from Left-Bottom around in a clockwise fashion:

Light Green: Pipe entrance (elevator in darker green next to pipe)
Brown: Layered landscape area blocking Nintendo World
Dark Blue: Outline of Mushroom Kingdom and Yoshi area
Red: Mario Kart show building
Light Blue: Water drainage (I think)
Green: Donkey Kong show building (does not include covered queue or outside track elements.)
Dark Green: DK support building/maintenance (I think)
Purple: Jungle facade blocking backstage areas
Orange: Employee access road
Pink: Security building

I know I'm really late on this, but I think everything behind the orange access roads has been taken out. There's enough room for another ride there, and you wouldn't have to get rid of ET to do it. It could also be used for the playground seen in the concept art, but that could be put elsewhere.

I know I'm really late on this, but I think everything behind the orange access roads has been taken out. There's enough room for another ride there, and you wouldn't have to get rid of ET to do it. It could also be used for the playground seen in the concept art, but that could be put elsewhere.
The plan is/(was) to use that area as staging for construction, so it was labeled as future expansion. In other words, it might be set aside for a play area, but only after the entire land was already built and opened, as it wasn't within the scope of the plans to start.

Also, if everything over there was taken out RECENTLY, does that mean construction will begin SHORTLY?

The plan is/(was) to use that area as staging for construction, so it was labeled as future expansion. In other words, it might be set aside for a play area, but only after the entire land was already built and opened, as it wasn't within the scope of the plans to start.

Also, if everything over there was taken out RECENTLY, does that mean construction will begin SHORTLY?

Oh no, I meant in the plans. But why use that area for construction purposes? You have a whole 10 acre plot directly behind the land not used for anything. IMO, if SNW is still to go in Kidzone, we will see at least 2 new attractions be added. They wouldn't have to be rides, they could be play areas and mini-attractions (like Bowser Jr). Although, DK could adapt well into a water ride (which USF does not have).

What's the point in delaying SNW if you didn't change anything?

But that's just my opinion, and I'm probably wrong.

Just going to ask this one last time. Is there any chance that USF could get both SNW and Pokemon? There was rumors late last year of Nintendo using KZ and the MIB expansion plot as part of a giant land, and a lot of speculation had both properties going in there.

Just going to ask this one last time. Is there any chance that USF could get both SNW and Pokemon? There was rumors late last year of Nintendo using KZ and the MIB expansion plot as part of a giant land, and a lot of speculation had both properties going in there.
I've never seen anything concrete about Pokemon... It's all been speculation as of yet.

Does anyone here remember where we saw the pictures or video of the supposed Donkey Kong coaster testing in Utah? I need to see them again. :look:

Thanks @AliciaStella I was about to post them.

And supposedly that is for a new Steeplechase Coaster similar to the one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

1280px-Steeplechase-Pleasure_Beach_Blackpool-600x400.jpg

Here is an article with an animation.

S&S Worldwide to Bring Back the Steeplechase Coaster - Coaster101

Only the real ride base would be on the single track. Guests would see a traditional mine coaster track that you appear to travel on.

View attachment 6321

I always thought that was just a proof of concept, I assumed that the real and fake track would run parallel to each other. The forces on the wheel assembly and supports would be incredibly high in this set up.

The wheel assembly would be impossible on those photos.