Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok.... it's absolutely terrible BUT there is something they can do right away to make it slightly less terrible and that's drastically shorten the time spent in the Musion scene somehow. It's a RIDICULOUS amount of time on a ride to spend staring at a hologram effect with absolutely nothing happening. It makes sense in USH because it serves as a pre-show. We already have TWO pre-shows and then another two on the ride (one in the fake speed tunnel and the Musion scene) which gives us a whopping 4 pre-shows total. It's also cringe-inducing and painful to watch. Slow the bus down in the practical set before this scene and do some clever edits to the Musion scene and the ride would already be less horrible. Get rid of the ladies dancing entirely or have the bus pull up with the scene already in progress right before the truck effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and belloq87
Yikes, people.

That video does not paint a flattering picture. It's flawed in terms of how its storyline is structured and paced (I am stunned they seem to have just replicated the components and "scenes" of the Hollywood version, which works fine as part of a longer tram experience, but does not work as a standalone attraction), the CGI is cartoonish, and there is no ending of any substance.

Such a huge plot of land, such wasted potential.

Ok.... it's absolutely terrible BUT there is something they can do right away to make it slightly less terrible and that's drastically shorten the time spent in the Musion scene somehow. It's a RIDICULOUS amount of time on a ride to spend staring at a hologram with absolutely nothing happening. It makes sense in USH because it serves as a pre-show. We already have TWO pre-shows and then basically another one on the ride itself. It's also cringe-inducing and painful to watch. Slow the bus down in the practical set before this scene and do some clever edits to the Musion scene and the ride would already be less horrible. Get rid of the ladies dancing entirely or have the bus pull up with the scene already in progress right before the truck effect.
I don't know since I havent ridden it, but it would seem logical the Musion scene is playing while the bus ahead of you is in the 360 room. If so it probably cant be shortened. (And I'm sure you know its not really a hologram :D ).

Reactions: Quint
I don't know since I havent ridden it, but it would seem logical the Musion scene is playing while the bus ahead of you is in the 360 room. If so it probably cant be shortened. (And I'm sure you know its not really a hologram :D ).
You slow the bus down in the practical set drastically such that the time spent in the combined total of that part and the crappy Musion scene is the same.

The ride is currently broke down
XvoO.gif

I have a feeling Universal may announce some new "future" plans soon to distract people if this gets really bad reviews from the general public, and it seems it could go that way

Reactions: Joel
I have a feeling Universal may announce some new "future" plans soon to distract people if this gets really bad reviews from the general public, and it seems it could go that way

They have the new night time show and I think it will be their big hit for 2018

yea because Universal is worried about that one tweet while most are ride is okay but the queue is great.
"most" as in a total of 2? It's been open for 20 minutes and broke down immediately. Not to mention initial reaction from a soft opening in which people didn't even know it would be open tends to be more positive than if people planned a trip around it. There is no way the general public will like this. People don't give them enough credit on these forums. This thing is not a standalone attraction but it's being sold as one. It's a very small and very bad piece of an otherwise totally awesome hour-long tram experience across the country shoved in a building.

Reactions: Ashhanbre