Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Show me where I can catch a film in downtown Columbia."

Anybody getting anywhere with Legacy's riddle?
Are we in agreement that it must be a mall or theater name in Columbia, SC?
This is vexing me fiercely.

I believe someone said there is one called the Nickelodeon and I saw one called the Spotlight

Reactions: horrornights789
He also says "show me", and Missouri is the "Show Me" state. I'd say that's more likely than the capitalization of a city and the first word in a sentence.
Yeah, this + the ragtag usage in mystiquephreeqs hint filled post lead me to believe ragtag is a codename, could be for StrTh, but I offered another explanation on HNN:
ragtag is most often used to describe a set of characters, so it would be a great switch up to use it to hint at a best of house instead of its clichéd use. Halloween best-of is something HNN has pretty much figured out is a rumor.

I think ragtag fits with a best of house because the definition of ragtag is
  1. untidy, disorganized, or incongruously varied in character.

Anybody getting anywhere with Legacy's riddle?
Are we in agreement that it must be a mall or theater name in Columbia, SC?
This is vexing me fiercely.

I believe someone said there is one called the Nickelodeon and I saw one called the Spotlight

Over on HNN Legacy asked me for more confirmation of my guess so I’m just gonna c/p how I answered him...

Well I don’t have your exact quote at hand but it was something along of the lines of “show me where I can see a movie in downtown Columbia.” I googled Columbia, SC theaters cause that was my first thought however the results that came up were (IMO) too basic for you and I quickly remembered we need to read between the lines of your clues. Thanks to pageants it hit me-show me state, Missouri, so I googled theaters in Columbia, MO and Ragtag popped up. I had mentioned Ragtag sticking out to me in @mystiquephreeq‘s post, but I don’t know whether that was before or after your Columbia clue. I also google mapped the address of the cinema and it does look to be in downtown Columbia, off of S. College Ave.

Over on HNN Legacy asked me for more confirmation of my guess so I’m just gonna c/p how I answered him...

Well I don’t have your exact quote at hand but it was something along of the lines of “show me where I can see a movie in downtown Columbia.” I googled Columbia, SC theaters cause that was my first thought however the results that came up were (IMO) too basic for you and I quickly remembered we need to read between the lines of your clues. Thanks to pageants it hit me-show me state, Missouri, so I googled theaters in Columbia, MO and Ragtag popped up. I had mentioned Ragtag sticking out to me in @mystiquephreeq‘s post, but I don’t know whether that was before or after your Columbia clue. I also google mapped the address of the cinema and it does look to be in downtown Columbia, off of S. College Ave.

Nicely done and I am glad I wasnt the only one who thought SC originally. :)

Don't hold your breath
There's a wrinkle to using any of the WB rights in the future (to include IT, Conjuring, etc).

Warner Bros Studios in Hollywood looks to be getting into the haunt game themselves. The success of the Neibolt House in Hollywood showed them "Hey, we can play too." As a result, there's a HIGH likelihood that they'll start overcharging Universal to use their biggest franchises so they can just use them internally.

So... when you wonder about why IT may not happen...

There's a wrinkle to using any of the WB rights in the future (to include IT, Conjuring, etc).

Warner Bros Studios in Hollywood looks to be getting into the haunt game themselves. The success of the Neibolt House in Hollywood showed them "Hey, we can play too." As a result, there's a HIGH likelihood that they'll start overcharging Universal to use their biggest franchises so they can just use them internally.

I could've sworn that the Neibolt House wasn't well received last year?

The irony is the Neibolt maze wasn't very good. It only got such a hot reception because it was 1) free, 2) connected to a hugely anticipated movie, 3) social media heaven in a town that values appearances. (It's a big haunted house on Hollywood & Vine. People noticed.)

They can try to get into the game, but they're going to need to try a lot harder.

Guys... I finally figured it out.
Legacy said that it would be LIT this year.

L-ost Boys
I-t
T-he Thing

All confirmed!! Alright, what do I win.

Reactions: Joel
The irony is the Neibolt maze wasn't very good. It only got such a hot reception because it was 1) free, 2) connected to a hugely anticipated movie, 3) social media heaven in a town that values appearances. (It's a big haunted house on Hollywood & Vine. People noticed.)

They can try to get into the game, but they're going to need to try a lot harder.
They didn't just do the Neibolt house, Warner Bros studios had a limited engagement event on their studio lot that included The Conjuring, It, and NoES, if I remember correctly.

They didn't just do the Neibolt house, Warner Bros studios had a limited engagement event on their studio lot that included The Conjuring, It, and NoES, if I remember correctly.

That's true, it was two-night event - but the Neibolt experience that ran for a month was identical.